Author Topic: Thursday, April 29, 2004 news  (Read 72 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
Thursday, April 29, 2004 news
« on: April 29, 2004, 08:25:40 AM »
Just Like That?
Ludacris and Kanye West have been sued by BMS Entertainment/Heat Music, which claims that the Kanye-produced Luda hit "Stand Up" rips off the chorus of the 2000 cut "Straight Like That" by the label's group I.O.F. The company alleges that I.O.F. handed the superstars four demo tapes over the past two years. "I.O.F. feel that they have been done a disservice," says BMS Entertainment's CEO. AllHipHop.com

Queen's Holiday
Queen Latifah is set to star in the remake of the 1950 comedy Last Holiday. In the new version, Queen will play a saleswoman who, after learning she has a terminal illness, goes on a European vacation and is mistaken for a wealthy eccentric. Filming is expected to be in the fall. Director Wayne Wang (Maid in Manhattan) is in talks to helm the project. The Hollywood Reporter/Reuters

He Knows Now
Mario Winans' album Hurt No More posted a strong debut on the latest Billboard 200 chart, entering at the No. 2 spot after moving 220,000 copies last week. Prince's Musicology came in at No. 3 with 191,000 units sold. However, neither artist could unseat Usher, whose Confessions remains at No. 1 for the fifth consecutive week with 253,000 copies sold. Billboard.com
Chasing Acting Roles
R&B group TLC may have retired, but member Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas isn't resting on her laurels. Aside from working on her solo album, the songbird is pursuing an acting career. Chilli just completed work on an episode of Lifetime Television's hospital drama Strong Medicine. Meanwhile, Chilli says that a report claiming Baltimore Ravens star linebacker Ray Lewis assaulted her is "totally false." mtv.com
Everybody Gettin' Trigger Happy?
Footage from J-Kwon's video shoot in St. Louis on Tuesday will likely be used as evidence in the police investigation of a shooting, which took place nearby. As the rapper's clip was being filmed, four gunshots hit a police van. No one was injured. J-Kwon assured investigators that the gunfire wasn't part of the video and didn't come from anyone involved with it. AP/CBSNews.com