Poll

who is the most gifted M.C.

Nas
18 (40.9%)
Ras Kass
26 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Ras Kass VS Nas  (Read 893 times)

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Ras Kass VS Nas
« on: May 02, 2004, 12:42:37 PM »
based strictly on skills and not on albums or street or industry credibility
who is the best m.c. Ras Kass or Nas??

oh yeah......FUCK PRIORITY and free Ras Kass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Seer

Re:Ras Kass VS Nas
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 12:48:50 PM »
you aren't going to get a fair result here are you..

west coast vs east coast.. on a west coast forum...

nas has had a bunch more albums, but been through a dodgy phase... whereas Ras Kass hasn't had a chance to...  7/8 platinum albums vs 2... did they even go plat?.. hmmf..  but it aint about sales..

still i'm voting for ras kass, and i'm gonna say that a lot of ya'll are sleeping on rasassination too.. ;) :P

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 12:57:14 PM »
Oh man, Iwas listening to Rasssassination this morning and thats what inspired this thread! 8) I know alot of West Coast heads that dig nas! nas in my opinion is ras kass's west coast counterpart. both have a revolutionary vision. both have stumbled with bad moves in thier career. remember strictly based on who is the most gifted lyricist. not impact or accomplishment..........

and If you havent heard rassassination do yourself a favor and cop that shit. the critics shit on that album without giving it a chance. :-\

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 12:58:53 PM »
yeah i've been saying that for a long time.. a lot of "ras kass fans" barely listen to it, but bump Soul On Ice to death.. but Rasassination is pretty damn solid!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 01:01:29 PM »
Ras Kass

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 01:23:33 PM »
Voted: Nas

Ras Kass is more complicated and uses a bigger vocabulary but Nas writes better songs and gets his points across more clearly.  He's more versatile, he can battle ("Ether"), write consience and political inspired raps ("What Goes Around", "My Country"), storytell ("Undying Love"), make concept records ("Book Of Rhymes"), emotional/personal songs ("Dance"), and so on.  He has a much better voice too.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 01:32:25 PM »
they both in my top 5 mc's of all time, but i'll go with Ras Kass on this one...imo hes light years ahead of like 90% of mc's out nowadays

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 02:01:48 PM »
Nas.

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 02:04:06 PM »

Ras Kass is more complicated and uses a bigger vocabulary but Nas writes better songs and gets his points across more clearly.  He's more versatile, he can battle ("Ether"), write consience and political inspired raps ("What Goes Around", "My Country"), storytell ("Undying Love"), make concept records ("Book Of Rhymes"), emotional/personal songs ("Dance"), and so on.  He has a much better voice too.
I voted w Nas aswell for the exact same reasons you did.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 02:47:15 PM »
I think ras is much better.. he's the g.o.a.t.....

myself, I do not really like nas all that much, some good stuff, stillmatic for example, but I don't listen to him that much..  

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 04:12:11 PM »
Nas.

Ras is more lyrical but he doesn't know how to write captivating and memorable songs like Nas can.
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Diabolical

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 04:29:39 PM »
Nas

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2004, 04:41:12 PM »
nasty nas

Jome

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 08:22:13 PM »
I voted Ras Kass, for the reason that he is the most lyrically advanced, and among the smartest and gifted lyricists ever, along with Pharoahe Monch, (a few others).
He have several layers in his music, and hidden messages/meanings, and metaphors all over his tracks.

Nas is in another class imo, he's not as deep as Ras, don't have the same vocabulary, and he comes across as somewhat confused sometimes.
All the Jesus/Allah shit is also annoying, that's one of his biggest cons, from my viewpoint.
However, he's better commecially, makes catchier songs, and is probably smarter business-wise, and gets his points better across. (When he's not talking about beef or religion)
He have made more albums/music, and have worked with a bigger specter of artists.

Nas career has been far more successful than Ras, but overall I still think that Ras is better, he just haven't been able to fulfill his potential with his career.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 08:26:06 PM »

I voted w Nas aswell for the exact same reasons you did.