Author Topic: Aint This Bout A Bitch!!! OFFICIAL STATEMENT  (Read 768 times)

Bomb-A®

Re:Aint This Bout A Bitch!!! OFFICIAL STATEMENT
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 03:11:40 AM »
Bitch move.

changing the spelling would really piss him off...

who cares. who the fuck is dj extra large anywayz. its not like he's famous and XL is trying to get some attention by using his name.

peace

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2004, 03:31:27 AM »
shame XXL is taken too!  :'(

Exxtra Large is kinda cool though..

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2004, 07:57:23 AM »

u gotta crawl be4 u walk homie...

pretty cakeish tho...but u betta be glad u got this..and instead of later on down the line...u doin shit..and he sued u 4 ya name and all the shit u did under that name..

how yall not gone know who dj extra large is...hell he was spice 1's dj from 1989 til probrably now...i think he's a preacher now..or sumthin..hell he might prolly be dead..and his family prolly did that..

neway its prolly means sumthin to him..sentimental value...aint no need to get all shitty booty over a name..

instead of dissin him like a hoe....u need to tell his lawyer yall need to meet up and see if yall can come up with sumthin..and see if yall can come to some kind of...way 4 yall can both use it with no harm...hell dr.dre prolly sat down with doctor dre  and came up with sumthin...how u gone unify the west..and u finna diss this man 4 a name..he had long be4 u was prolly born...and dont know why he will not let u use it.......

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2004, 11:16:14 AM »
i think he can still get u even if u do change the spelling.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 11:17:32 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Big Saccs

• Geed Up Records
  • Lil Geezy
  • West Vet
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2004, 12:15:14 PM »
Smash Fa Yo Rashions homie..Cause that still was some hoe chyt
Send you on a one way trip to the moon, on my Magic broom to a 6 dollar room, Until the sun come shin'n thru the curtin I'll be workin over time like I'm curb servin/Foe Swerve'n!!!

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2004, 12:32:51 PM »
Damn... thats fuct up... but X, if u change ur name they cant get you on shit.  And two, I dont believe they can even get you on this case....so you may be able to hold the name EXTRA LARGE.  Reason bieng is that the phrase EXTRA LARGE is too common a name for someone to copywrite, and hold exclusively for him/herself.  If he copywrited XKSTRA LARGE, then its one thing, because the name is unique, and sole in its spelling.  But Extra Large is the common, correct way to spell Extra Large.  And you cant hold a sole license to that name.  He holds a license to DJ EXTRA LARGE.  He cant stop people from using "Extra Large" as a title, name, or any other form of representation...

Its like if this.  I cant copywrite the word "LOVE," and expect to hold a sole license to it....and then forbid anyone else to use the word LOVE in a recording, or writing or anything...and the reason bieng is that it is too common a word, and not unique enough to grant a sole license to.  

Diabolical

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2004, 02:40:50 PM »
^Yeah maybe or maybe he holds the copyright to DJ Extra Large which wouldnt be so stupid.
Anyway why doesnt he sue all the clothing companys who make T-Shirts with Extra Large written all over the front

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2004, 02:58:32 PM »
^Yeah maybe or maybe he holds the copyright to DJ Extra Large which wouldnt be so stupid.
Anyway why doesnt he sue all the clothing companys who make T-Shirts with Extra Large written all over the front

Right...and thats my point.  You cant hold an exclusive copywrite towards any term, phrase, or name, thats so widely used, and is common...  "Extra Large" would be impossible to copywrite exclusively....  They're just trying to scare you.  Ey dog u should be happy cuz if u got a letter from a lawyer saying they want u to stop using that name, it means ur name is gettin big enough for them to want to harass u!!!

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2004, 03:38:54 PM »
I see that I'm trying to work some options with a limited budget for a lawyer ya know?

@ h.a.w.k. it's not about dissing somebody over a name it's about the way he went about it, first he sent me a e-mail saying "the name needs to change or there's gonna be problems", which I thought was vague and threatening...how can hope to negotiate when someone comes at you like that?  Nevertheless I hit him back asking why we couldn't work something out, and letting him know I didn't bite the name from him so I meant no disrespect.  However I didn't get a response back of any kind, not until his lawyer sent me that letter and on a human level that's just not a cool way to go about things, I was willing to work something out, even change my name if we could have just talked about it instead of resorting to vague threats and lawyers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 04:09:00 PM by XL Middleton fka Extra Large »
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2004, 04:09:41 PM »
And furthermore I'll say this much:

Aint gonna be no diss track, it's tempting on a hip hop level but I've changed my mind and decided not to, aint no telling what could happen beyond hip hop ya feel me? I've had a discussion with someone whose word I take very seriously and I thought it would be the best thing, if the West is gonna unify and recapture the shine we cant be dissing each other like it's a civil war out here or something!!! I know this seems like a sudden change of heart and it may be a bit disappointing to some of yall (cause everybody loves drama) but in the long run I've decided this is the best choice.

West-West!!!!  
And dont forget it!!!
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2004, 07:48:35 AM »
i think he can still get u even if u do change the spelling.

I agree, trademark issues are all about if someone can 'mistake' your name, for his name.  For instance... he's gonna say

I'm DJ Extra Large, and I'm well known, put out quality music.  When people come in the store, they see a CD by "EXXTRA Large", and they think it's me! So they buy it, whereas they wouldn't if they didn't think it was me.

= You're making money off his name.  You can't just misspell it and get away with it.  If it's even slightly confusing, they'll get a good lawyer to come after you and win.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 07:49:18 AM »

That's not the same thing.  Nobody's confusing a t-shirt with his music.  

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 07:53:16 AM »
here's another new name suggestion...

eXceL   ;)

ecrazy

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 09:18:19 AM »
You Should Really Ask for something in writing before you officially change your name.....chance's are he's some internet cat jealous of you, so he's scaring you into changing your name

Trust me, this kinda thing happened when i was runnin "HotBox Radio" 2 years ago, it was all a hoax and in the end, we found out that you Cannot copyright a radio show name

Jome

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2004, 08:15:08 PM »
here's another new name suggestion...

eXceL   ;)

If you want Microsofts lawyers on your ass instead of DJ Extra Larges lawyers..  :D