Author Topic: Concert Review: Smile Empty Soul w/ Finger Eleven, Aphasia  (Read 64 times)

Don Breezio

just got back from the Smile Empty Soul/Finger Eleven/Aphasia concert...it was so dope. we got there and immediately got about 15 feet from the stage...we were there for most of aphasia's set...they were unbelievable...one of the best bands i've heard in a long time. very cool guys too.

once they were done finger eleven came out and really rocked the house...i managed to push and shove my way up to about 5 feet from the stage and got to see most of finger eleven's set from right up front...i was looking forward to them the most because they were the first concert i ever went to back in 2000. they did 1 song from each of their first 2 albums and the rest of the songs were all off of the newest self titled album. at first i was kind of dissapointed they didnt do more from "the greyest of blue skies" but then i figured that they did them the last time i saw them so it was nice to have them do a whole new set of songs.

after about an hour long set smile empty soul came out...they started off with "Eraser" which really set the mood for the crowd...great song. i was laughing while they were setting up because Sean's guitar says "G.W. Bush Sucks" on it...then he got up and was playing and on his fingers he had "Fuck Bush" written in sharpie. i managed to get a good picture of the guitar. they played about an hour long set as well...they were going to do more but their drummer was really sick and actually had a puke bucket next to him for the duration of their set.

after the show we went and got some free stuff...an aphasia cd which we had autographed by the band and then we talked with them some...they're cool as hell. and then we got some stickers and a smile empty soul poster which we managed to get autographed by the lead singer and their guitarist (the drummer wasnt there because he was sick). and we got a pic of me and my buddy corey with the 2 guys. it was pretty cool

all in all...great night