Author Topic: EA sports making HUGE move?  (Read 312 times)

smerlus

Re:EA sports making HUGE move?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 11:56:08 PM »
i quit with the sports games in 2k3/2003

to me it just seems like they're street fighter-esque remakes......few additions and a new cover

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2004, 02:35:32 AM »
i quit with the sports games in 2k3/2003

to me it just seems like they're street fighter-esque remakes......few additions and a new cover

Yeah exactly, I'm just still playing NBA2K3, totally edited for the 2004 season. I'm not gonna pay another £35-40 for basically the same game 12 months later, I normally just edit the current one and then buy a new one in like 3 seasons when the amount of new players starting making the editing process too difficult.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2004, 12:04:50 PM »
A billion dollars is a lot money to spend on one little aspect of an already small market. Do you know how long it would take EA to make that money back. They wouldn't even come close to a billion until Madden 2020. This has to be fake. If it isn't it won't go through. Do you really think Microsoft will let EA get 100% of the football market when there Fever games are just starting to pick up.

I'm kinda hoping this is true, this way other developers will have to get more creative with football games. Now a days it's just find what works and go for it. Remember Ice Hockey for the NES, now that was a game, and it had no players names what so ever.

Personally I'd like to see "Backyard" Sports games, you know with neighbourhood kids playing. Maybe it will inspire real kids to get out more.