Author Topic: Michael Jackson vs Elvis (not what you think)  (Read 238 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Michael Jackson vs Elvis (not what you think)
« on: May 26, 2004, 09:25:13 PM »
I was just wondering if all the top american pop stars from the history of rock n roll were to join the American Idol competition, who do you think would come out on top?

I'm pretty sure the final two would come down to Elvis and Jackson, but who would win?

Don Seer

Re:Michael Jackson vs Elvis (not what you think)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 06:04:33 AM »
if they're taken from their prime?

MJ.. but depends if the jury is white

oh and mr nasty would make MJ cry

« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 06:05:06 AM by Overseer »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 07:53:49 AM »
no judges, remember the outcome is based on people's phone in votes.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 01:46:10 PM »
i like mike

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:07:20 PM »
thats a tough one...if the competition were held today i think mj would win because of the fact that michael jackson is still a semi-current artist and is more modern. no kid is going to vote elvis before mj...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 04:54:30 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Try and think about it more from the perspective that neither of them had ever come out before, and this competition, held today, would be the first time you ever saw them. They wouldn't be singing there own songs, but the songs that most of the contestants usually sing.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 08:56:51 PM »
Elvis.  A lot of Michael & Elvis' success came from the fact that they looked good, and maybe girls thought Michael was hot in '83 or whenever, but Elvis actually WAS cool, he didn't just look cool.  Michael's always been shy and a social recluse, so he'd never have the social skills to beat Elvis in any kind of pop competition.  Elvis had it all.  He had an amazing voice, he was a genuinely nice guy, he was intelligent, looked good, he was the total package.  

pappy

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 09:00:12 PM »
does michael look like the michael of 84 or 2004 that makes a big difference to peoples voting :-\

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 09:15:24 PM »
Well Tom, lets analyze that one for a sec.  Since Elvis is fucking dead; I'd guess he means we'd be taking the artists from their prime, not their current state.  So yea, 84 Jackson Vs. 68 Elvis.  

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 10:28:40 PM »
Well Tom, lets analyze that one for a sec.  Since Elvis is fucking dead; I'd guess he means we'd be taking the artists from their prime, not their current state.  So yea, 84 Jackson Vs. 68 Elvis.  

First off Agree 100% that Elvis would win the competition. But I' d think the '56-'58 Elvis would do a lot better than the '68 one, most of his dance moves were fading away by then.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 01:26:44 AM »
lmao @ trauma...

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 09:30:16 PM »

First off Agree 100% that Elvis would win the competition. But I' d think the '56-'58 Elvis would do a lot better than the '68 one, most of his dance moves were fading away by then.

That's arguable.  Elvis hadn't forgotten any dance moves by '68, that was the year of his Comeback Special, I would consider that the highlight of his career.  

Here's '56 Elvis

and here's '68 Elvis

Shiiiiiit.  '68 Elvis would have been huge (Fuck, he WAS huge, and I don't mean physically yet).

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 09:31:26 AM »

That's arguable.  Elvis hadn't forgotten any dance moves by '68, that was the year of his Comeback Special, I would consider that the highlight of his career.  

Here's '56 Elvis

and here's '68 Elvis

Shiiiiiit.  '68 Elvis would have been huge (Fuck, he WAS huge, and I don't mean physically yet).

Don't get me wrong, Elvis was still amazing, but I've seen the 68' special and I feel his dancing lack that pizzazz that was so evident in his early days. The raw enegetic movements of his old concerts alone would have won the crowd over in today's competition.

The only reason I mention this is because if Elvis's dancing isn't absolutely 100%, Michael's dancing may very well steal the show. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if James Brown were to make it further than Jackson in the competition, and let's not even mention a 50s Jackie Wilson.

No matter what era (except the mid 70s, and maybe even then) Elvis is in the finals.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 12:55:22 PM »
if they were looking for dance moves surely justin timberlake would be right up there... ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2004, 08:26:54 AM »
<<<<<<<< u no who im sayin  ;D

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson