Author Topic: Whats Next?  (Read 145 times)

Don Breezio

Whats Next?
« on: May 29, 2004, 01:41:51 AM »
every couple decades a new type of music comes out and takes the world by storm...the last big one was hip hop back in the 70's when sugarhill gang came out...there have been smaller "Sub-Genre's" of rock n roll & hip hop & R&B (grunge, punk, emo, westcoast/eastcoast, etc...) and a few smaller genre's like Techno/Trance that havent caught on quite as well....so whats gonna be the next 'hip hop'....or have we reached our limits musically?

mauzip

Re:Whats Next?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 02:28:32 AM »
This is not really an answer to your question, but we will have rapgroups that have the same forumula as the Basckstreet Boys.

MANBEARPIG.

Re:Whats Next?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 02:38:31 AM »
sadly...I agree :'(

-KIDRENEGADE-

yellowmann11

• 'G'
  • Representing phoenix AZ........
Re: Whats Next?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 08:30:25 PM »
every couple decades a new type of music comes out and takes the world by storm...the last big one was hip hop back in the 70's when sugarhill gang came out...there have been smaller "Sub-Genre's" of rock n roll & hip hop & R&B (grunge, punk, emo, westcoast/eastcoast, etc...) and a few smaller genre's like Techno/Trance that havent caught on quite as well....so whats gonna be the next 'hip hop'....or have we reached our limits musically?

the next type of music to take the industry by storm is screw music..................late.............
WWW.CHAMILLIONAIRE.COM

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 08:38:26 PM »
Nah hip hop hasn't reached its limits, it just needs to be a drastic change in the game. This cookie cutter formula rappers use now is so damn stale.

I think hip hop is gonna die down dramatically in the next 5-10 years and return to being strictly underground

Everything has it's cycles ya know
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Throwback

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 01:29:45 PM »
i think house/trance music will take the world by storm.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 02:14:37 PM »
I agree on the house / techno thing . What 90 % hip-hop artists lacks is originality and creativity , many artists dont have the balls to do something different and new , and thats sad . No wonder why people who listened to rap back in the days dont listen to it so much any more

DAYUM

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 04:30:25 PM »

the next type of music to take the industry by storm is screw music..................late.............

already  8)