Poll

Who is the greatest SNL castmember of all-time?

Phil Hartman
3 (15.8%)
Chevy Chase
1 (5.3%)
Eddie Murphy
6 (31.6%)
John Bulshsi
0 (0%)
Kevin Neaon
0 (0%)
Mike Myers
1 (5.3%)
Chris Farrly
2 (10.5%)
Will Ferrell
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Who is the greatest SNL castmember of all-time?  (Read 383 times)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re:Who is the greatest SNL castmember of all-time?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 10:07:02 PM »
I don't agree with Tom. Will Ferrel gets my vote.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2004, 05:05:43 PM »
Chris Farley (RIP) and Eddie Murphy

Montana00

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2004, 05:23:52 PM »
i love will ferrel but chris farely is also an awesome guy.

he was probably tied with ferrel on being the funniest cast member.

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2004, 05:42:33 PM »
Phil Hartman is my Dad's second cousin.  I met him about 2 weeks before he was killed and had some pics taken with him.  Hes actually from my hometown too.  So I voted for Phil.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »
I can't believe Will Ferrell is winning the vote.  I need to change my name back to "I just wasn't made for these times" this is fucking rediculous.  

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 11:11:49 AM »
I can't believe Will Ferrell is winning the vote.  I need to change my name back to "I just wasn't made for these times" this is fucking rediculous.  

Well Will Ferrell is the best one from the late 90s to early 2000 era, so I guess most didn't watch too much back in the day. It's not enough to just watch the old tapes now, a lot of the humour ad to do with what was going on back then. If you weren't a fan of Mr Roger's neighbourhood, then Mr. Robinson's neighbourhood wouldn't be as funny, if you never watched the little rascals, then Murphy's Buckwheat impression isn't so funny.

My vote still goes to Dan Ackroyd he was so versatile, and never cracked a smile.

Montana00

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 12:04:06 PM »
Of all time will ferrel might ahve not been the funniest, but heres why i voted for him.

Im a young guy. Ive watched 70's saturday night lives, and i have never laughed at any of them. Why? because the comedy back then is a completly different style. If i lived back then i probably would get there kind of comedy.

Will ferrel is the funniest man of this era, no one tops him. Chris farley had the early  to later 90's.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 12:25:47 PM »

Will ferrel is the funniest man of this era, no one tops him. Chris farley had the early  to later 90's.

You mean just from SNL right? I'd hate to think you'd pick him as funniest man in comedy during this era.

Montana00

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 02:00:25 PM »
actually i would.

have you watched any comedy movies lately? there so fucking dull. Will ferrel is a really funny guy in his movies.

smerlus

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2004, 02:28:08 PM »
he plays a pussy whipped moron in all his movies...there's hardly any difference between any of his characters

Montana00

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2004, 02:44:10 PM »
i know thats why its funny. people have different kinds of humour.

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2004, 06:57:51 PM »
Well, I'll just say it's sad for you, then.  I'm not much older than you, and I sure as fuck wasn't around in the 70's watching SNL, but Eddie Murphy is probably the funniest comedian I've ever seen, whenever he was on top of his game.  John Belushi was much more funny than Will Ferrell or Chris Farley ever even aspired to be.  Ferrell is funny, but he pales in comparison to some of the other guys that have been on the show.  Hell, Dana Carvey was the Ferrell of his day, and much, much more funny.  

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 10:13:38 PM »
Well, I'll just say it's sad for you, then.  I'm not much older than you, and I sure as fuck wasn't around in the 70's watching SNL, but Eddie Murphy is probably the funniest comedian I've ever seen, whenever he was on top of his game.  John Belushi was much more funny than Will Ferrell or Chris Farley ever even aspired to be.  Ferrell is funny, but he pales in comparison to some of the other guys that have been on the show.  Hell, Dana Carvey was the Ferrell of his day, and much, much more funny.  

Is this reply aimed at me?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 10:19:30 PM »
actually i would.

have you watched any comedy movies lately? there so fucking dull. Will ferrel is a really funny guy in his movies.

We are talking about an entire era here, which is atleat 5 to 7 years, probably even longer. But any way; Jerry Seinfeld, Michael Richards, Jason Alexander, Chris Rock, Jim Carrey, Jamie Fox. There's six guys off the top of my head that beat Ferrel by a landslide, there's also dozens of very very very funny stand up comedians that could put Ferrel to shame. I like Will Ferrel and I find him very funny, but funniest man in the era, I don't think so.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2004, 04:24:55 PM »
Eddie Murphy of course.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE