Author Topic: Do the Lakers have a chance?  (Read 1150 times)

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:Do the Lakers have a chance?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2004, 02:43:28 PM »
2 reasons why Phil Jackson stinks as a coach:
1) Karl Malone is hurting the team.  I understand that he probably wants to win these games more than anybody but if he truly wants to win then he should let somebody healthier fill in for him right now.  Phil should be smart enough to recognize this and have him coming off the bench.
2) Phil is very stubborn.  He has went with the same strategy for 4 straight games now and it hasn't worked once and he's still using it.  Most coaches would try something new after one blow out... but not Phil.  The reason I say it didn't work 4 straight games is because the Lakers should've/would've lost game 2 if it weren't for that miracle shot, and that had nothing at all to do with Phil's coaching.

The only logical reason I can come up with (and it's a very long stretch) for the Lakers being down 1-3 is that he wants this team to go down as the best Laker team ever.  "How can he do that?" you ask... make them do what no other team has done in Finals history.  Come back and win after being down 3-1.  Yeah, like I said, it's a long shot but if Phil is the master psychologist like everybody thinks he is... I wouldn't put something like that past him.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2004, 02:48:02 PM »
The only logical reason I can come up with (and it's a very long stretch) for the Lakers being down 1-3 is that he wants this team to go down as the best Laker team ever.  "How can he do that?" you ask... make them do what no other team has done in Finals history.  Come back and win after being down 3-1.  Yeah, like I said, it's a long shot but if Phil is the master psychologist like everybody thinks he is... I wouldn't put something like that past him.

awww puh-lease ... get outta here with such conspiracy crap... havent you seen his face? he's the next ed norton if that's planned and he still puts up such a face. GOD AM I TRYING TO ARGUE ON SUCH A INSANE CRAP??? damn.

and about the malone stuff... I have to say no. despite his injury and his 40 years, he's still better than medvedenko. medvedenko completely sucked.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2004, 03:00:48 PM »

awww puh-lease ... get outta here with such conspiracy crap... havent you seen his face? he's the next ed norton if that's planned and he still puts up such a face. GOD AM I TRYING TO ARGUE ON SUCH A INSANE CRAP??? damn.

and about the malone stuff... I have to say no. despite his injury and his 40 years, he's still better than medvedenko. medvedenko completely sucked.

I have conspiracies for days.  I don't even believe this one I made up myself but if you have two best players in the NBA and you're the best coach in the NBA then what other excuse do you have for losing a series of 7 against a "weak" Eastern conference team?

I wouldn't start with Madvedenko either but Phil is afraid to play his rookies.  Walton isn't all that great but he can give you a lot more production than an injured Karl Malone... and what about Cook?  And why the hell does he think the Triangle is invincible?  It hasn't been successful ever since the NBA allowed zone defense.  Maybe that stuff was cool back in the day when nobody knew how to guard it but it's now 2004.  The other thing... doesn't it take 3 to make a triangle?  Everybody learns that in elementary school or sooner.  The Lakers only have two who can run it sufficiently.  Do the math... the Lakers need a new coach.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 03:01:40 PM by -VZA- »
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

teecee

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2004, 03:34:20 PM »
Rampant and NIK, you guys just dont get it.  I dont think Kobe is playing to his full potential, and i dont doubt that Kobe is a great player.  But he DOES look confused, he cant handle the Pistons defense.  He looks completely disoriented, and has gotten worse every game, that is unquestionable.  Last game the only shots he made were off balance, miracle type shots (he makes them better than anyone), but the fact that is all he can get says enough.

But if Kobe is NOT trying his hardest, how about some of you Kobe groupies explain why the so-called best player in the league who rivals MJ in his prime would not try his hardest and do everything he can to help his team win?