Author Topic: Do the Lakers have a chance?  (Read 1137 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Do the Lakers have a chance?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 01:29:03 AM »
Detroit's gonna whip their ass.  It's sad, seeing Magic Johnson's great team defaced like this.  Kobe & Shaq are a couple fuckin' clowns, they're crybabies, and they're symbolic of the money that has ruined Basketball.  Excuse me, they're symbolic of the people that have ruined Basketball by being clouded by dollar signs.  Money doesn't ruin people, people who get hollywood do.  Professional Basketball is a fucking joke, nothing but a bunch of millionaries running around who never got forced to grow up.  

stfu. ya always talkin bout how kobe and shaq is crying...crying bout what? i think it was pretty obvious that they were gettin some bullshit calls on them on today's game...i didnt see kobe and shaq crying bout the refs after the game. lol muthafuckaz will always hate. oh well.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 03:26:27 AM »
if lakers become NBA Champion 2004 I am not going to believe that they will not win any NBA Championship in the future. ever.

..aight for the next about 3 years.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 11:14:37 AM »
Kobe & Shaq are a couple fuckin' clowns, they're crybabies, and they're symbolic of the money that has ruined Basketball.  Excuse me, they're symbolic of the people that have ruined Basketball by being clouded by dollar signs.  Money doesn't ruin people, people who get hollywood do.  Professional Basketball is a fucking joke, nothing but a bunch of millionaries running around who never got forced to grow up.  

so true, thats why i love college basketball, and especialy March Madness, those kids play their fuckin heart out, just to win, ...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 11:24:36 AM »
of course they have a chance.....they take the next one they go to LA.....they win their first in LA and we go to a game 7 in LA i doubt the pistons can take the lakers in a game 7 in LA....i still have total confidence in LA i just think that we definately underestimated the pistons....i give them alot of credit but i know the lakers can take them.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 01:09:27 PM »
yah the Lakers still have a chance. Obviously, its a slim one. But as long as the series is still going...a team has a CHANCE. I thought theyd take this series, in 5 or 6 games. Plain n simple, Detroit has just played better then any of us thought. Even tho i did pick LA to win, i did say watch out.

Montana00

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 01:10:52 PM »
first of all i disagree about what u said about phil jackson. i think hes a great coach with a lot of finals experience. Seriously though look what he has to work with. Payton doesnt shoot, kobe shoots too much and cant make em, shaqs on fire but nobody passes to him, malone is injured and cant play, his bench is horrible, and he has to play his bench. hes in quite a predicament to win, with what he has.

i disagree what u said about shaq. i think he is the only one from the lakers that is taking this seriously and putting his heart into it.

i do think the lakers can win it, i want them to win it. but from the way theve been playing i dont think it will happen.

teecee

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 10:58:04 AM »
It is weird how the Lakers are getting hardly any free throws after getting preferential treatment and favourable calls the last 5 years (Lakers fans werent complaining then)......i think if the lakers actually drove to the net and tried to draw fouls (hello, Kobe?) instead of tossing up wild off-balance fadeaway jumpers (kobe?) they would shoot some foul shots.  Kobe has gotta start driving more, attacking the rim........

Do the Lakers have a chance?  Well, Malone is hurting, Payton is visibly unhappy in LA, and the rest of the supporting cast has been horrible in te finals.  It has a lot to do with the way Detroit plays team defense, it leaves LA completely unorganized on their offense.   Shaq has been nothing short of exceptional except for one game, and he is going to have to get even better..  Kobe needs to put up damn near a triple double tonight, and not shoot 30 percent like the last two games........

Montana00

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 11:21:02 AM »
i think you all can agree that the win tonight depends on how kobe plays.

obviously he can play as bad as he has been and they could still win, BUT everybody else is going to have to play perfect. which isnt possible.

so kobes gotta wake up and take this seriously.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 12:12:05 PM »
dang...always an excuse. They are taking this seriously, they are just LOSING lol. i hate that Laker Fan bullshit, i swear. Its always a "they arent taking it seriously", "they arent trying to win". Cmon. Its the NBA finals. All year long, when the Lakers lose its because "they arent really trying to win". Thats the biggest bunch of bullshit. When they lose, its because another team out plays them. Period. Right now, Detroit is the better team. Period. Always talkin about how LA is a playoff team. "they dont care about the regular season". Well, it doesnt get more "playoff" then this. They ARE trying, they DO want to win. They are just LOSING. Detroit has frustrated them. Like Greg Anthony said after game 3, "Detroit MADE the Lakers give up". It isnt that they dont WANT to win, its that they havent been able to. Does anyone honestly think that any team would play all year to get to the finals...and not WANT to win? lol If Kobe, or anyone else isnt TRYING...they shouldnt even be in the NBA, let alone considered one of the best in the league.

Montana00

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »
No im not making an excuse. lakers are playing like shit right now. i know that. the only one whos playing good is shaq.

You honestly think kobe is trying his hardest??? if you think thats as good as he is then you obviously dont know kobe.

teecee

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2004, 12:59:34 PM »
Of course Kobe is trying his hardest, if you think he would ever give less than his best than YOU dont know Kobe man.  The thing is, he is completely disoriented and confused about how to play against a team with such good team defense..........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2004, 01:23:49 PM »
Kobe is the best one on one player in the league, and like he showed throughout his career, he can easily run through top-notch defenders...Bruce Bowen anyone? He's just playing shitty now, that's all...But we'll see tonight. 8)

Montana00

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2004, 01:24:19 PM »
....yea thats it. hes confused.

because basketball is a very confusing sport when your as good as kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2004, 01:47:51 PM »
LOL@people thinking Kobe's playing to his full potential...

Montana00

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2004, 02:12:22 PM »
LOL@people thinking Kobe's playing to his full potential...

i know seriously. He bareley made an attempt to get an open shot, and i dont remember him trying to take it to the rim.