Author Topic: Do the Lakers have a chance?  (Read 1157 times)

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Do the Lakers have a chance?
« on: June 13, 2004, 10:48:46 PM »
Before the series started, everybody was saying how the Lakers were going to dominate the Pistons.  Now they're on the brink of being defeated.  Anybody here think they have a shot at winning it all?   :-\
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Do the Lakers have a chance?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 10:57:47 PM »
Yes, they have a chance...They beat the Spurs, who are a better team than Detroit, 4 games in a row...What makes you think they can't win 3 against Detroit?...All they need is to steal the next one in Detroit, and they have a good chance...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

BCG1

• 'G'
  • "Cleveland is the City"
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 11:01:05 PM »
 I'm a tru Lakers fan, but for them to win now they'd have to work their hardest every game they play from now on without fouling piston players. (Shaq has been putting in all the work he needs help from the other players)

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 11:32:20 PM »
I wouldn't say that I'm a Laker fan.  I'm more of a Kobe fan.  Before the Lakers acquired Kobe, I never watched their games.  It sure would be nice to see Kobe win especially with all of the stuff he's facing right now.

I think in order for the Lakers to win, they need a new coach.  Phil Jackson is highly overrated and right now it's really showing.  He wastes timeouts, he puts players in at times that don't make sense.  Same thing goes for his match ups.  Why wear Kobe out running around chasing Rip when you need his energy on the offensive side?  Why call a timeout between Ben Wallace free throws?  What is that gonna do... throw off his rhythm?  The boy can't make them anyway.  Those are just some of the mistakes by the so called zen master.

The other thing is the refs.  I know I'm not the only one who notices how the Pistons get to hack the Lakers but the Lakers get whistled for simply bumping into somebody.  If you ask me, I think these games are rigged.  Maybe the refs were told to give Detroit these games to prolong the series.  More games=more money for the NBA.  I don't know... I'm just upset at the outcome of these games.  I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if Detroit wins... at least it's not the Kings.
<--my future wifey

teecee

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 11:38:34 PM »
Well VZA, i agree with most of your post, except for the rigged part, that is a little too much of a conspiracy theory!  The Pistons are actually a very good TEAM, even if they don't have four future hall of famers.  I too thought this was gonna be 4 str8 lakers, but WOW!  Even if the lakers do still win, which is possible, the Pistons are a great team with incredible team defense and some players who make some very big shots (sheed, billups, rip).....of course, the Lakers SHOULD win the series with Kobe and Shaq, but maybe it does have something to do with the coaching.  Noone really knows how good Phil is as a techinical coach, but all i know is his record speaks for itself.........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 11:40:32 PM »
I wouldn't say that I'm a Laker fan.  I'm more of a Kobe fan.  Before the Lakers acquired Kobe, I never watched their games.  It sure would be nice to see Kobe win especially with all of the stuff he's facing right now.

I think in order for the Lakers to win, they need a new coach.  Phil Jackson is highly overrated and right now it's really showing.  He wastes timeouts, he puts players in at times that don't make sense.  Same thing goes for his match ups.  Why wear Kobe out running around chasing Rip when you need his energy on the offensive side?  Why call a timeout between Ben Wallace free throws?  What is that gonna do... throw off his rhythm?  The boy can't make them anyway.  Those are just some of the mistakes by the so called zen master.

The other thing is the refs.  I know I'm not the only one who notices how the Pistons get to hack the Lakers but the Lakers get whistled for simply bumping into somebody.  If you ask me, I think these games are rigged.  Maybe the refs were told to give Detroit these games to prolong the series.  More games=more money for the NBA.  I don't know... I'm just upset at the outcome of these games.  I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if Detroit wins... at least it's not the Kings.

I agree about the refs...Lakers get to the line more than any other team in the NBA...But this series, Lakers have gotten to the line half as many times as Detroit has...I hope Phil Jackson says something about this...PeACe

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 11:51:01 PM »
Detroit's gonna whip their ass.  It's sad, seeing Magic Johnson's great team defaced like this.  Kobe & Shaq are a couple fuckin' clowns, they're crybabies, and they're symbolic of the money that has ruined Basketball.  Excuse me, they're symbolic of the people that have ruined Basketball by being clouded by dollar signs.  Money doesn't ruin people, people who get hollywood do.  Professional Basketball is a fucking joke, nothing but a bunch of millionaries running around who never got forced to grow up.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 11:52:29 PM »

I agree about the refs...Lakers get to the line more than any other team in the NBA...But this series, Lakers have gotten to the line half as many times as Detroit has...I hope Phil Jackson says something about this...PeACe

^ Another tactic employed by people that haven't grown up; complain about the Ref's.  Lack of skill can't be to blame, it can't be the Laker's own fault; it has to be some outside force.  Face it: They just fucked up.  It's not the ref's, it's not even Detroit.  the Lakers fucked themselves.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 11:52:48 PM »
Detroit's gonna whip their ass.  It's sad, seeing Magic Johnson's great team defaced like this.  Kobe & Shaq are a couple fuckin' clowns, they're crybabies, and they're symbolic of the money that has ruined Basketball.  Excuse me, they're symbolic of the people that have ruined Basketball by being clouded by dollar signs.  Money doesn't ruin people, people who get hollywood do.  Professional Basketball is a fucking joke, nothing but a bunch of millionaries running around who never got forced to grow up.  

Relax, it's just a game... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 11:56:07 PM »

^ Another tactic employed by people that haven't grown up; complain about the Ref's.  Lack of skill can't be to blame, it can't be the Laker's own fault; it has to be some outside force.  Face it: They just fucked up.  It's not the ref's, it's not even Detroit.  the Lakers fucked themselves.

Why don't you compare Detroit's freethrow attempts to the Lakers attempts? That's proof...I admit, the Lakers ARE playing shitty, and Detroit IS playing better, but the refs aren't helping.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 11:56:09 PM »
hey what's going on in this thread?

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 12:04:15 AM »

Good point... the story of the Lakers this season has been about self destruction... followed by complete domination.  It's happened all season.  The latest happened with San Antonio.  The great Charles Barkley has been saying all along that the Lakers coast through their games and then all of a sudden they turn it on when they need to.  He also said that they'd be in a situation where they will find themselves unable to turn it on.  I think it's pretty safe to say that at this point, he's right.

If they do somehow turn it on these next three games then it will epitomize the whole season... unfortunately, as much as I want them to win, I don't think they can do it.
<--my future wifey

The Watcher

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 12:21:36 AM »
Destination: Title?
No team has ever failed to win the title after grabbing a 3-1 lead in The Finals.

nba.com givin the info. seems like lakers will break that if they can beat detroit
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

JTSimon

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 01:08:59 AM »
lol@NIK bitching about fouls ;D I knew something was up...fucking refs.

You need to actually play to get fouled and lakers only have 2 players on the team and  
one of them didn't show up tonight...he was too busy practicing Jordan fade away shots ;D Kobe Bryant 8 for 25 and your talking about fouls  ;D

ahahahhahahah Lakers lose.

The lost made up for the Yankee/Padre game today  :D