Author Topic: A question for y'all?  (Read 198 times)

hector

Re:A question for y'all?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 03:23:28 PM »

but I don't care.  Most this board likes shitty ass rap anyways.  I'mma listen to what I like regardless of anyone else.  Fuck that bullshit on the radio.

I been to plenty clubs/parties.  I could name thousands of bangers that I'd rather hear than the bullshit that gets played.  And I'm talking about club/party type songs.  You won't ever catch me bobbin my head to some bullshit ass wack wannabe rap shit like Lil Jon or the Yin Yan twinz.

Don't forget that clubs have more people in them than YOU.  Just because you consider a WC track or whatever a club song it doesn't mean everyone else does.

The DJs have to think of everyone. That's why popular stuff gets played because everyone knows it. It gets the ladies going for a start.

KoDy.

I know that.  I didn't say they should cater to me.  I just simply stated, why I don't like the typical songs they play in the clubs these days.  and if What We Do from Knoc's album, or Don't Fight the Pimpin from Suga Free, or Show Me Love by Jayo Felony, or Get REady by Roscoe were played as much as Lil Jon's Yeah, or Nelly's Uh-oh (or whatever fuckin song he has that gets played a lot) they probably would get just as much people up to dance.  You guys don't understand the correlation with a song being played in a club and it being on the radio and mtv.  

If Tray Deee, Mitchy Slick, MC Eiht, and Spice 1 got together and made a track, and it got as much radio and mtv play as Beautiful and Up in da Club got, there would be a lot of people dancing to it in a club.  and those guys make about the least club freindly music possible.

pappy

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 03:45:30 PM »
the problem with club bangers is the fact every rapper is trying to make them now a days.  another thing is club bangers suck now a days.  a lot of people mentioned songs that were club bangers but also appealed to a hip hop head.  hell even a track like quiet storm by mobb deep is a club banger.  

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 04:18:21 PM »
[quote author=The Nigga From Compton Thats Stompin'

I know that.  I didn't say they should cater to me.  I just simply stated, why I don't like the typical songs they play in the clubs these days.  and if What We Do from Knoc's album, or Don't Fight the Pimpin from Suga Free, or Show Me Love by Jayo Felony, or Get REady by Roscoe were played as much as Lil Jon's Yeah, or Nelly's Uh-oh (or whatever fuckin song he has that gets played a lot) they probably would get just as much people up to dance.  You guys don't understand the correlation with a song being played in a club and it being on the radio and mtv.  

If Tray Deee, Mitchy Slick, MC Eiht, and Spice 1 got together and made a track, and it got as much radio and mtv play as Beautiful and Up in da Club got, there would be a lot of people dancing to it in a club.  and those guys make about the least club freindly music possible.

I don't really think the content/language from those artists would be appropriate for clubs. But that's just me.

It's all good though. People like what they like.

KoDy.