Author Topic: Jadakiss names his "Top 5 rappers ever" in dope interview  (Read 295 times)

Jome

Jadakiss names his "Top 5 rappers ever" in dope interview
« on: June 05, 2004, 05:36:53 PM »
http://www.ballerstatus.net/index.php
http://www.ballerstatus.net/features/read.php?id=89007723

Jadakiss: Great Expectations
By Ruben Diaz
Saturday - June 5, 2004
NEWS OPTIONS
Discuss Article
Printer Friendly
Send To Friend

Cycles are a part of life. During the time that Jadakiss and his group, The LOX, were being put on in Bad Boys heyday- the industry was cluttered by shiny suits in videos, and their label's (at the time) owner was declaring it was "All About the Benjamins." With that said agenda no longer applicable, Jadakiss is well detached from the likings of what P. Diddy and Bad Boy are doing at current time. So as the cycle of music with substance and skill-level seems to be gravitating towards hip-hop, J-to-the-muah is hoping to break the barrier between talent and success for one of the cycles Jada's been unable to avoid is living up to what his fans and critics deem as greatness. But with his eyes on the prize, heavy grind intact, and top-notch guest appearances (and mixtape murderings) under his belt, Jadakiss seems poised to silence the critics and let his music speak for itself.

With his sophomore album on the way, titled Kiss Of Death, and his singles" Kiss Of Death" and "Times Up" featuring Nate Dogg catching heavy burn, Jada spoke with BallerStatus about his highly anticipated upcoming release, his relationship with Interscope, and if he'd turn the clock back and change anything if given the chance.

BallerStatus.net: You have the sophomore album on the way, Kiss Of Death, when's it officially dropping?

Jadakiss: Yeah, Kiss Of Death, in-stores June 15th (but at press-time, the album is scheduled for a date of June 29th).

BallerStatus.net: And what's the significance of the title, Kiss Of Death?

Jadakiss: Just a more serious side of Kiss. I'm a Gemini, anyway.

BallerStatus.net: What can people expect as far as production and collabos?

Jadakiss: Definitely depth, it's more deep. More mature, growth, dealing with some more personal issues about life. The critics and the media always want to hear about me or how I feel, I got a lot of that on there. The production is tighter than a grasshopper's ass! I got Kanye West, production featuring him. Nate Dogg, Havoc from Mobb Deep, Kelly Rowland, Snoop, Eminem, Anthony Hamilton, Mariah, T.I., Dj Quik, Stat Quo, Green Lantern and Red Spyda.

BallerStatus.net: Looking back to when you were signed to Bad Boy up until now, are you satisfied with your status and position in the game?

Jadakiss: Oh yeah, yeah! I always made a little bit of progress each time. I feel it's time for me to get my just due, it's a big loan! Feel me?

BallerStatus.net: If you could, would you change anything that happened during that time?

Jadakiss: Nah, not at all! I might have not signed that Bad Boy contract, not the one that we signed. I should've played a little more tug of war with Puff, but um, as far as that everything else would stay the same.

BallerStatus.net: On Gangstarr's last album, The Ownerz (specifically, "Right Where U Stand"), you said: "You want to know why I invest all my money in the haze and in the dope?/cause right now I'm currently a slave for Interscope." Do you still feel that way about the label or has the relationship gotten better?

Jadakiss: Man, I love Interscope! They're the most beautiful people in the world right now, man!

BallerStatus.net: At the time of that verse where you feeling different though?

Jadakiss: Yeah, I wasn't feeling them. I didn't have the machine behind me. Which I definitely feel is behind me now.

BallerStatus.net: I'm going to quote you again: "top 5 dead or alive and that's just off 1 lp," who are the other 4 in your top 5?

Jadakiss: Biggie, Pac, Eminem, Hova.

BallerStatus.net: Who are your favorite MCs out now?

Jadakiss: Styles P., [Lloyd] Banks, Common.

BallerStatus.net: How much time of the day would you actually goes into the music for a rapper?

Jadakiss: Um, at least 85% of the day.

BallerStatus.net: When will Jadakiss know when it's time to hang the mic up? When would you be satisfied to walk away?

Jadakiss: Um, I'd say 5 more years. Maybe sooner than that, but I'm just giving it the benefit of the doubt.

BallerStatus.net: How many more albums would you like to put out within those 5 years?

Jadakiss: I should be able to put out like, once I get sh-- up and running, I should be able to put out like 10 albums within the next 5 years.

BallerStatus.net: You got rap locked, are there any other business ventures you'd like to be a part of?

Jadakiss: I'm trying to dabble into the acting thing a little bit.

BallerStatus.net: What could you see yourself doing as far as acting?

Jadakiss: Um, I mean anything, I don't want to be the regular Bishop in "Juice," we know I could do that. I want to be an attorney, or something, you know just something different.

BallerStatus.net: Do you have any roles or scripts you're looking at right now?

Jadakiss: Yeah, I got a couple pilots for talk shows and a couple of other stuff. I'm about to go to L.A. in a few weeks, I think I got some scripts on deck out there.

BallerStatus.net: As far as your guest spots, what's your favorite 16 bars you spit on someone elses sh--?

Jadakiss: I don't know. I recently did something with Pac that Eminem produced on Pac's last album, I feel real strong about that one.

BallerStatus.net: On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, what number would you recommend to a youngn' trying to be a rap star who isn't aware of this shady biz?

Jadakiss: A 6. A 6, you heard me?!

BallerStatus.net: Looking, hopefully far from now, into the future, looking down from Heaven, what would you want people saying about Jadakiss?

Jadakiss: I was a nice rapper, but more than that, a good person. Whoever met me they can say I had a good heart.

BallerStatus.net: Got any last words?

Jadakiss: Please make sure you go get the album, I love my fans, I make the music for the people and just ride with me, dog!

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:Jadakiss names his "Top 5 rappers ever" in dope interview
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 05:41:02 PM »
Suprised Nas wasn't there to be honest.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 06:31:12 PM »
some new york niggaz got short memory flash........everyone befo stillmatic came out wernt even talkin about nas then when it dropped he was in everyone top 3 mcs of all time.........im sure he'll be gettin bare mentions again once his lp drops...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 05:42:42 AM »
Nice interview...Jada's album is my most anticipated one (next to IV Life's Game Over of course).
Thanks for posting this. 8)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 08:30:41 AM »
that top 5 (or 4) ain't too much of a surprise. As for his album, I'm anticipatin it alot, thanx for this post