Author Topic: Am i completely out of the loop? Or do both Banks and Jada's album's suck????  (Read 489 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
jadakiss cd is ok
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:55:00 PM by Kurupt »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
im checkin it now...........i'll hit up a review sometime when i got some time.......

Sikotic™

I bet you its cuz these muthafuckaz get million dollar advances way before they hit the studio. That probably takes out some of the motivation.

Hip-Hop is just in a slump right now anyway.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
In my honest opinion, i think both albums were pretty good. I did appreciate banks album a little more than Jada's because it was his first solo effort. I think you guys are expecting a little too much from these albums. Lets face it every one has the same topics(song) and if you people are expecting another Doggie style, Chronic, 2001, blueprint, etc. you might as well forget it. The day of the Classic album is gone. Rappers now and days work with entirely too many producers to get classic albums. Not saying that it cant be done but its far and between. You people are looking for one album to change the game so, therefore you will always be dissappointed.

teecee

Yo BIg Daddy, you make some good points, but the fact is these albums are monotonous, completely monotonous.  I didnt even have high expectations, but was hoping to be surprised; instead, the albums were worse than i could have imagined.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
^^^u know dawg, after hearing banks album, its bumps aiight in the tech but biggest problems i got with his album is

1 - production.....its aiight......but its to similar to everythin else that comes out from them.....and it sounds low bugdet......take away, the intro.....im so fly.....warrior 2, when the chip are down and u got shit that comes out everyday.........he should have got some production from swizz beats, it would have helped him..........as whether u like to beleive it or not, his in the same mold as fabolous and cassidy......his just lucky he dont have to make joints for the bitches to sell as he on g-unit..........

2 - he needs to bring some life to his joints......i donno if u noticed but who every raps with him, its like they bring life to his joints........yayo kills the intro and sounds real lively.......snoop brings life to the get high joint, even though his laid back and buck come strong on joint with him.......lines like "we on the fuck the police shit"....be catchy, and nate brings life on warrior remix with the rest of the cats.....game comes strong on that joint with the grimey beat

3- lacks catchy line.....his hooks are standard but he lacks catchy lines, unlike 50, buk, game n so

its obvious he can rap through a whole track though with things to say though, which was obies biggest problem, carrying a track......but to me..........banks is in the same mold as a shady records signing........good lyrics n shit, but his shit dont always hit hard......as he sounds kinda dead.....thats where u need swizz beats to bring some life with the beats

but overall......its not a bad album, theres some nice joints on it......the intro, im so fly and the game joint i'll bump, and theres a few other thats ok........but its nothing real sick.

but what can u expect, they get beats off unknown cats and theres no real consistancy so its how it is......

but its okay, pretty much what i expected to be honest.....nothing real great or nothing real bad......another album

peace

Slick Talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
I think what dissapoints us, is that all the albums sound the same now.  It used to be that Jay-Z sound or that Wu-Tang or even that DMX sound. Now all this shit sounds the same.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I think what dissapoints us, is that all the albums sound the same now.  It used to be that Jay-Z sound or that Wu-Tang or even that DMX sound. Now all this shit sounds the same.

so true, back in the early 90's everyone sounded different, and if you tried to copy a style, you were dissed. There was only one Cypress Hill and B-Reals weird voice, Onyx and that hard rock sound, Das EFX and the speed rap that eventually became Mid-West, Ice Cube and his hard lyrics, Public Enemy and the political rap, Dr. Dre and his G-Funk, Eazy E and his childish voice, Snoop and his smooth flow, Digital Underground and that weird bass they had and of course Humpty Hump, Too $hort and his pimping, everyone had their own sound, now it all is the same. Before you had certain rappers with their producers, now producers are like hoes, everyone fucks with them. But as long as only 5 companies own the whole game, and one company controls the radio, it will continue to be the same way. They wouldn't invest, until you sell out.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 10:47:32 PM by M Dogg »