Author Topic: ENGLAND VS PORTUGAL TONIGHTS PREDECTION?  (Read 640 times)

Jome

Re:ENGLAND VS PORTUGAL TONIGHTS PREDECTION?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 03:58:15 PM »
I'm not sure you have ever seen Emile Heskey play football. He has NO pace whatsoever. The England midfield went missing for most of the game so Vassell and Owen got almost no service.

You're missing the point..
When Vassell and Owen (both fast) can't compete with a fast Portugese defense, you need STRENGTH.

Heskey isn't fast, but he got EVERYTHING England needed in this game; air-strength & weight on top..
With all the corners & freekicks England had, this game would have been perfect for him.

Owen & Vassel is WAY too similar..

teecee

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 04:30:25 PM »
Havent watched alot of soccer considering i am from Canada, and its all about Football, hockey, and bball .......but that was a great game, i find it HILARIOUS that David Beckham fucked England over, he is a great technical player but he is not worthy of all the hype, he is all we here about over here.  That Hargreaves kid is from Calgary, about two hours from here too, it was dope to see him score on penalty kick.   Very good game,  i just wish these guys didnt dive all the time, they all seem like pussies to me lol

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 05:01:46 PM »
i think portugal will win after penalty's, it'll be 2-2

james fuckes up 5 mins for the end signal

damn....

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2004, 05:52:08 PM »
we were robbed like bez said, we should have won in the 90 mins that goal should have been alowed. i wish i never went to the pub it got way too rowdy.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2004, 12:31:35 AM »

I know this sounds like a dumbass thing to say but if anybody thinks that penalty spot was up to scratch they are dumbasses.  Fucking players had to jump on it to flattend it for fucks sake.  Ok it could of gone either way but I think the pens should of been taken at the other end.  The pen spot looked like pastry fof gods sake, Beckham and Vassells kicks where scuffs.  

bez.. in the interview owen said they practiced pens at the other end the day before, and it was just as bad....

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2004, 04:20:05 AM »
Frank Lampard said England's players were "gutted" after their dramatic Euro 2004 penalty shoot-out exit against hosts Portugal.
And he led the complaints about referee Urs Meier's decision to disallow a last-minute "goal" from Sol Campbell.

"We didn't play our best but we worked very hard at certain stages to get back into the game," he said.

"And we had a goal at full time that was basically a fair goal taken away. There was nothing wrong with it."

Sven-Goran Eriksson, who insists he will stay on as England coach, is due to speak to the media at 1230 BST.

And the squad will fly home to Luton on Friday evening.
Lampard, scorer of England's extra-time equaliser on 115 minutes, admitted it had been a struggle to contain Portugal at times.

We had our chances to win the game and we didn't take them
John Terry
But he said England had shown enough mental strength to merit victory.

"We showed great character (after Campbell's disallowed strike) even though the lads were obviously knackered, we came back into it and then got beaten on penalties. What can you say?"

Lampard's team-mate John Terry also insisted Campbell's header should have stood.
"I didn't think it was a foul and neither did Sol," he said.

"Michael Owen saw the replay and people back home also said it definitely wasn't a foul. If that had gone in, we would have been through to the next stage.

ENGLAND'S SHOOT-OUT MISERY
World Cup 1990: Pearce and Waddle miss as West Germany win semi-final on penalties
Euro 96: Blushes for Southgate as another last-four defeat to Germany spoils Wembley party
World Cup 1998: Ince and Batty are denied as Argentina reach last eight in France
Euro 2004: Not again! This time Beckham and Vassell blow it to send Portugal through
"It's terrible. The linesman gave it and the referee overruled him. We're so disappointed. We're just gutted that we're not through.
"We didn't get much luck from the referee. He wasn't great but we had our chances to win the game and we didn't take them."

Defender Gary Neville said defeat on penalties was a bitter pill to swallow.

"It's three times for me now. I suppose the cynics will say it is a mental thing and this and that," he said.

Why can we not use video replays or whatever technology is around to ensure a fair result?
From Ian
"It was as much down to the penalty spot as anything. When you get into that it is a lottery. When David Beckham took his penalty the spot just gave way.
"Rui Costa and John Terry had the same problem. If you look at John Terry's penalty he was fortunate. He actually aimed to put it in the other corner.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/euro_2004/england/3838359.stm

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2004, 05:06:24 AM »
LOL @ Portugals goalkeeper removing his gloves & scoring 30 seconds later, that was my highlight ;D  I feel sorry for Vassell though  :-\
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2004, 07:31:20 AM »
What a game! What a result!

I cant tell you how happy I am that portugal won. It was real rowdy in the pub here because there was a small group of english supporters and a pub full of portugal supporters. I have to say tho, portugal deserved to win by far- they were attacking the whole game. I hate ashley cole but he had a great game. I'm unsure about the dissallowed goal but i thought portugal scored one too when the ball crossed the line but we never got to see it coz they scored just after.

At least there'll be no more gloating on the english stations - tho sky news are blaming everyone but themselves already. The english put up a good fight but they had no leader or anyone to hold the ball.

finally to the tune of "footballs coming home"

They're going home
They're going home
Theyre going
ENGLANDS GOING HOME!
WAHHHHEEEYYY

sorry had to do it
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2004, 07:51:49 AM »

I cant tell you how happy I am that portugal won.

They're going home
They're going home
Theyre going
ENGLANDS GOING HOME!
WAHHHHEEEYYY

Oh yea i forgot that IRELAND NEVEReven got through to the euros  >:(

THEY'RE STAYING HOME
THEY'RE STAYING HOME
THEY'RE STAYING
IRELANDS STAYING HOME !

LMAOOOOO!!!

Joachim

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2004, 08:56:50 AM »
The refs at this tourny (and the last world cup) have been diabolical, including the English ref, last nights ref was a fucking homer, he bottled everything.

Im a Swede for the rest of the tournament.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2004, 03:40:51 PM »
haha quality game, england played shit still, people need to start giving credit to how well portugal keep hold of the ball and how wack england is at doing that shit, tryna live off 1-0 nill is a pussy move to me, rui costa scored a quality goal! great game for ahsley cole no doubt, but u gotta giv credit to ronaldo to as he never stopped runnin........ashley cole played sick though, but england need to learn how to pass a ball first in my opinion, once they scored they couldnt get the ball off portugal. deco is a annoying muthafucka, he always chooses the wrong pass, deco out, rui costa back in next game!lol........and simao off the bench later on again, played well in that game

oh and france fucked up to, seeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeen

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2004, 04:09:16 PM »

I cant tell you how happy I am that portugal won.

They're going home
They're going home
Theyre going
ENGLANDS GOING HOME!
WAHHHHEEEYYY

Oh yea i forgot that IRELAND NEVEReven got through to the euros  >:(

THEY'RE STAYING HOME
THEY'RE STAYING HOME
THEY'RE STAYING
IRELANDS STAYING HOME !

LMAOOOOO!!!

Hahaha, i know that only too well, but the best consolation for that fact is seeing england crash out, especially after the hype in the build up to it.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

bez

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2004, 05:37:14 PM »
We did well though really.  LOL at Scottish and Irish people cheering when we get knocked out.  Funny.  Stick to what your good at, Ireland - Killing each other, making bombs and collecting four leaf clovers and Scotland - Eating haggis, still using William Wallaces win over the English as a come back even thought it was like 500 years ago or some shit and nobody actually even new the tale until the film was brought out, and producing poor football teams.

Criticise when you can motherfuckers.  

Jome

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2004, 07:05:15 PM »
deco is a annoying muthafucka, he always chooses the wrong pass, deco out, rui costa back in next game!lol....

LoL, now we're talking..
You just can not have a player like that on the bench..

He's as good as Figo, but a little slower..
They both got that sick "wait for the defender to tackle, and just flip the ball to one side" move that makes defenders dizzy..

We did well though really.  LOL at Scottish and Irish people cheering when we get knocked out.  Funny.  Stick to what your good at, Ireland - Killing each other, making bombs and collecting four leaf clovers and Scotland - Eating haggis, still using William Wallaces win over the English as a come back even thought it was like 500 years ago or some shit and nobody actually even new the tale until the film was brought out, and producing poor football teams.

Criticise when you can motherfuckers.

Lmao

Best amusement of being in U.K.:
Asking a Brit what he thinks off Scotsmen & Irishmen or asking a Scot about what he thinks of Brits..  ;D

bez

Re: ENGLAND VS PORTUGAL TONIGHTS PREDECTION?
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2004, 05:37:06 PM »
Sad but true Jome.

Oh by the way, Deco is good but he is no Figo, even though Figo himself is waaaaaay overrated.  Oh and I can also do that defender thing, I'm not a bad player for real.