Author Topic: Listen To New Brian Wilson Album  (Read 116 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Listen To New Brian Wilson Album
« on: June 27, 2004, 01:10:39 PM »
I know it may seem that I don't like this guy based on my arguments with Smile, but I really do appreciate his music. If you go to Rollingstone.com and search for Brian Wilson at the top of the page, you will be directed to his section of the site. Here there is link where you can listen to the full album. I'm listening to it right now.

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
Re: Listen To New Brian Wilson Album
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 01:12:15 PM »
Who the fuck is that?...........rvoipewh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 01:17:49 PM »
He is the former Beach Boy who was the creative mind behind 99% of their music.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 01:29:55 PM »
Yeah, I bought the album Tuesday when it came out, it's pretty good.  It's the first album Brian Wilson has produced since 1976! The production sounds awesome.  Brian's vocals are pretty good on most of the tracks, and they're off key on a couple tracks.  The guest spots are all well done, and most of the songs are pretty original.  If you dont' like Beach Boys type music, or you don't like music that's about nothing more than love don't listen to it, you'll be bored. 

I give it an 8 out of 10, "Fairy Tale" and "Don't Let Her Know She's An Angel" are my favorite 2 tracks.  "Gettin' In Over My Head", "How Can We Still Be Dancin' ", and "Soul Searchin" are all great, too. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 01:43:45 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eric Clapton has a great appearance and Elton John's vocals are on point. I'm still penetrating the album and it'll take me a few weeks before I can give a proper opinion. You'd be surprised how many albums I loved upon first listen and ended up hating, and how many albums I despised but learned to love.

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 01:45:13 PM »
ok fuck the beach boys

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 02:11:44 PM »
I got the album yesterday , and its dope !!! my favourite is the duet with Paul Mcartney ( a friend like you ) , City blues , Desert drive , Saturday morning in the city , How could we still be dancing , soul searchin , The waltz

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 02:23:01 PM »
If you've REALLY got Balls, get the LAST album he produced...

In 1976, Brian was in the middle of his "Fuck the world, I'm staying in bed" phase, and wouldn't leave his room most days.  The Beach Boys couldn't write hits without him, so they basically were begging him to come to the studio, to write, record, sing, whatever he could... plus, they honestly loved him and thought it would be therapeudic, everyone thought he was going to die by an overdose or something.  

Anyways, Carl Wilson eventually talked Brian into helping them do their next album... his 1 caveat? That he got to name the album... the name he chose?

"The Beach Boys Love You"

Brian Produced, wrote, and arranged the whole album.  It's really weird sounding, lots of synthesizers, and things.  It's almost sad to hear, because Brian's voice was horrible, it was totally destroyed, all rough and scratchy like Liam Gallagher on a bad day.  He's got so much heart though, you just feel horrible for him... there's one song on it called "Roller Skating Child" that's all happy, and it's this song about this guy meeting this girl at a roller skating rink, lol... Mike Love sings it, and it sounds so slick and cool, and then at the end, over all these pulsing drum beats and all this cool ass production Brian did, you hear Brian sing, for the first time... his voice sounds like a 90 year old man but he sounds happy and goes "ROOOllllllerrrrrrrrr SKKKKaaaaattttiinnnnn CHILLLLLLLLllllldddddd".  Brian even played nearly every instrument on the album, because it's all synthesizers and drums.  He played drums, keys, guitar, bass, whistles, percussion, all that shit.

Anyways, when the album came out, the Beach Boys had a picture of Brian at his birthday party with a beautiful woman kissing him on his fat, bearded, insane looking face, and Brian looks like he's totally lost and doesn't even know where the fuck he is with this big insane grin on his mouth...

and under it they printed

TO BRIAN WHOM WE LOVE WITH ALL OUR HEARTS.

We wish to express our appreciation, and acknowledge your willingness to create and support totally
the completion of these songs.
We thank you for sharing yourself and your music with us, and all those who love you as well.
An unspeakable joy being with you in your expression of the music you put out there for everyone.
Brian, we feel honored and greateful and we love you.
Carl, Dennis, Michael, and Alan

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 02:25:39 PM »
I got the album yesterday , and its dope !!! my favourite is the duet with Paul Mcartney ( a friend like you ) , City blues , Desert drive , Saturday morning in the city , How could we still be dancing , soul searchin , The waltz

Yeah, the only two songs I don't really like on the album are Rainbow Eyes and the one before it, something about Magic or something? I don't really like those two, the rest are all good.  It's INSANE how his voice sounds so good on some songs, but sucks on others.  On "Don't Let Her Know" he sounds amazing. 

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 02:35:35 PM »
Yeah SMiLE , its called " make a wish " and I agree . But the album is verry good and consistent , a great record to play this summer