Author Topic: Little story about Crooked I for Dubcc readers only...  (Read 309 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Little story about Crooked I for Dubcc readers only...
« on: June 28, 2004, 08:06:53 AM »
As you know hes left Death Row Records, hopefully (in his mind) on good terms. As far as I know he hasnt had any contact with Mr Knight since his return, I know that Crooked is laying low right now and wont be releasing his album, "Momas Boy" (Dynasty records/Universal) until at least this fall and is in fact going to release another mixtape before the release. He's also heading down to fuck with the Sucka Free camp and Lil Flip soon, they know how to push an artist, so thats a good move if he gets on a few records from them!

The song that was on the Dynasty records website this week, "Leave us alone" was simply an Internet-Hype track and wont be on his upcoming album, nor is a single.

The thing I wanted to say was: Some dont know but Crooked I is on very good terms with Russel Simmons and everyone at Def Jam, Crooked was with Russel at the Hip Hop Summit this year and - if he hadnt been on Death Row Records last year then Def Jam would have offered him a 2 album deal. I persoanlly think Def Jam do not want a negative relationship with Suge, therefore this wont be happening.

Please dont go quoting this elsewhere.

Q.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Little story about Crooked I for Dubcc readers only...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 08:50:18 AM »
^^^^Cool.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 08:50:59 AM »
^ that's what i was gonna post, but i refrained, lol

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 09:07:09 AM »
The same actually happened to Danny Boy. When he filed for bankrupcy in 2000 to have his contract released from Death Row, when he was a free agent, he was looking for a deal with other labels, and many were interested but did not make the move to sign him, in fear of Suge Knight. They feared if DB released a hit record off Death Row that Suge would be out for revenge with that label. . . Rocafella were interested and Elektra. While DB was off Death Row in 2000-2003 he worked as a waitor.

This is straight up facts. . .

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 09:19:23 AM »
I'm just waiting for Suge and the rest of The Row to start unleashing on Crooked I.  Even if they are on good terms.. They've never been able to hold their tongue.  If and when Crook's album drops.. don't let it be a success.. ooohhh nooo.. that'll most surly bring out some haterizm.  My guess is, they'll just hate on him for succeeding without them and start talking shit.  Them haters is just hoping that he fails which, on the other hand.. would be the best chance for them keeping quite.  Think about it.. no one who's been on Deathrow (post Pac era) has ever succeeded after leaving.  Crooked I would be the first and I could see them bitchin up over it.  Oh, and dont let Kurupts album fail.  They'll really be talkin shit about Crook then cuz thats the mentality of a hater.  
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 09:37:25 AM »
On point post from Axle yet again, I feel you. I think thats why Crooked is laying low for a while.

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 10:51:39 AM »
I'm just waiting for Suge and the rest of The Row to start unleashing on Crooked I.  Even if they are on good terms.. They've never been able to hold their tongue.  If and when Crook's album drops.. don't let it be a success.. ooohhh nooo.. that'll most surly bring out some haterizm.  My guess is, they'll just hate on him for succeeding without them and start talking shit.  Them haters is just hoping that he fails which, on the other hand.. would be the best chance for them keeping quite.  Think about it.. no one who's been on Deathrow (post Pac era) has ever succeeded after leaving.  Crooked I would be the first and I could see them bitchin up over it.  Oh, and dont let Kurupts album fail.  They'll really be talkin shit about Crook then cuz thats the mentality of a hater.  

That's some real talk. Ain't no way Tha Row's gonna let Crooked I succeed and act like it's all good.

DAYUM

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 12:48:18 PM »
thanks for the facts man appreciated

Jome

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:50:05 PM »
I'm just waiting for Suge and the rest of The Row to start unleashing on Crooked I.  Even if they are on good terms.. They've never been able to hold their tongue.  If and when Crook's album drops.. don't let it be a success.. ooohhh nooo.. that'll most surly bring out some haterizm.  My guess is, they'll just hate on him for succeeding without them and start talking shit.  Them haters is just hoping that he fails which, on the other hand.. would be the best chance for them keeping quite.  Think about it.. no one who's been on Deathrow (post Pac era) has ever succeeded after leaving.  Crooked I would be the first and I could see them bitchin up over it.  Oh, and dont let Kurupts album fail.  They'll really be talkin shit about Crook then cuz thats the mentality of a hater. 

Word.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 10:30:53 PM »
Interesting
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.