Author Topic: NFL week 12 discussion thread  (Read 344 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: NFL week 12 discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »
That playcalling has a .00009 percent chance of being effective, even if it's Peyton manning throwing to Jerry rice.

Yeah, but Peyton's a great playcaller, and that aspect of Schotty Jrs job would be given to Manning. There's two ways to be a great offensive co-ordinater; one is to have the greatest plan in the world and outsmart the other team defense and DC, and the other way is to have the greatest assessment of talent in the world and even the simplest of schemes can run rampant on defenses.

Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry coached together and when they split Vince took all of Tom's defensive ideas and incorporated them for his packers team while Tom Landry created his own offense of very complicated schemes rather than use Lombardi's offense. There was nothing to Lombardi's offense, but it was harder to stop than Landry's, because of the players assembled by Vince.

I'm not sure what kind of OC Schotty Jr is, but if Peyton can take an 0-11 team to the playoffs 9 out of 10 years then he can do just find with little Brian recommending plays to him from the sideline.

And for the record trhe kind of coach Peyton really needs is a skills assessment coach. A guy like Tom Cable, who doesn't really know how to outsmart the other team, or doesn't care. You give Peyton an OC that can find the best available talent and coach it to play the best possible football and Peyt will look better than ever. Bring in Cable, and Cowher to HC and trade every player on that any significant money (Wayne, Clark, Addai, Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, etc) for draft picks and situational guys and they'd be at the Superbowl next year.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 01:50:24 PM »
I still think Colts are throwin the season. Im sorry but I cant buy that this team cant beat anyone. Cmon you tellin me a team thats been on their level for years all of a sudden cant beat anyone in the same year a top qb prospect is in the draft and their soon to be hall of fame QB is comin back from a major neck surgery that makes his future look shaky? Its BS.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:58:33 PM »
I still think Colts are throwin the season. Im sorry but I cant buy that this team cant beat anyone. Cmon you tellin me a team thats been on their level for years all of a sudden cant beat anyone in the same year a top qb prospect is in the draft and their soon to be hall of fame QB is comin back from a major neck surgery that makes his future look shaky? Its BS.

I agree. That team has tons of talent.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »

I've been saying for years that this team isn't really that good. When Harrison was the star I said he was hardly better than Wayne (when Wayne was still really young in the league). I said Edge was over rated and not really needed, and then they win the SB right after he leaves. Tamme puts up identical numbers to Clark, and Collie and Garcon look as good as any tandem on most every other team. Now they all look like NFL Europe cast-offs. Peyton could have made the 0-16 '08 Lions into a 10-6 to 12-4 team. I knew he was good, but I didn't realize how good he was until I saw how bad the Colts really are. I used to think the Pats with Manning would have had 6 rings. I'm starting to think it's more like 9.

So when exactly did they start throwing the games or stop trying? When they couldn't beat the Panthers in week 12? or when they could beat the lowly Browns in Indy in week 2? They fucking suck. They always fucking sucked, and they always will fucking suck as long as Polian is there picking the coaches.