Author Topic: Tired of annoying flash advertisements, moving ads, or ads with sound.. ??  (Read 494 times)

Jome

Pop-ups is a problem of the past, but flashing ads, moving ads, and especially those with sound is still annoying to many people.
At least to those who haven't heard about the award winning netbrowser Mozilla Firefox. (The whole program is only 5 MB)
It closes pop-up's by default, and if you want to remove regular advertisement and flash animations as well, install the plug-in called Ad-Block.

When this is installed, Ad-Block blocks a whole range of known advertising URL's, and you can easily remove other ads manually.

Mozilla Firefox Screenshot:

The CNN, MTV, OHH, Hiphopsite logos you see is so-called "tabbed browsing" - you can have 20+ sites open in 1 window, pretty handy.
Btw, WCC should have a logo like that, didn't the old board have that Seer.. ??
See the Google logo up in the right corner, you can search Google directly from the searchbar, or Yahoo if you rather like that.

Blocking ads manually:
Ad-Block blocks 90% of all ads by default, the rest you have to remove yourself, but it's quickly done..
It blocks so many ads, that I had to go through 10 websites to actually find a ad.

Right-click the ad, then choose "Adblock image"

This convo appears:

Hit "Ok", and whoops:

You'll never see that ad again..

Some sites have Flash, Macromedia, etc. that you can not right-click, for those ads this little icon appears:

IMDB shows a fucking movie trailer as ad, fuck outta here!
Hit the little partly invisible icon in the left bottom of the ad, and it'll be gone in a second..  8)

You can even add "wildcards", which removes every ad on a certain site.
Tothegame.com uses the adress "http://www.tothegame.com/res/ads/" for all their advertisements:

Make it say "http://www.tothegame.com/res/ads/" instead, all ads from this site will be blocked:

Of course, FireFox is several times faster than IE, + no spyware & adware is written for it..  8)

Sikotic™

That program seems nice as hell. I may have to say goodbye to IE.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

fuck outta here! Avant Browser baby!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I stopped usin IE a couple weeks ago and switched to it, I've been lovin it ever since.  One question, how do you delete your temporary internet files from Mozilla?

DAYUM

fuck outta here! Avant Browser baby!
8)

all about Avant!!!

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
u guys can give this program a try dis shit is tyte i use it SECRETMAKER u can get it off download.com it duz everything and it upgrades every 10 days or so so its always on task ;)

Jome

I stopped usin IE a couple weeks ago and switched to it, I've been lovin it ever since.  One question, how do you delete your temporary internet files from Mozilla?

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear cache

Tried Avant once, but it couldn't do half the things FireFox & Opera can do..
myIE is also wack.  >:(

DAYUM

so what do u recomend?

but avant has been really good...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Thanks 8)

hector

so what do u recomend?

gee, well I'm just gonna take a fuckin shot in the dark here and take a wild fuckin guess.  I would guess that jome is reccomending mozilla firebird.  but remember, this is just a fuckin shot in the dark, so I probably have a good 90% chance of being wrong, almost as good of odds as you hitting puberty within the next 2 years.  keep up the intelligent fuckin posts einstein.

Doggystylin

so what do u recomend?

gee, well I'm just gonna take a fuckin shot in the dark here and take a wild fuckin guess.  I would guess that jome is reccomending mozilla firebird.  but remember, this is just a fuckin shot in the dark, so I probably have a good 90% chance of being wrong, almost as good of odds as you hitting puberty within the next 2 years.  keep up the intelligent fuckin posts einstein.

LMAO, thanx for doin that for me, cuz if you werent, i was going to....

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
how u install this shit?

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE

Thanx
Here is 1 4 ya Jome
I get these pop us messages even when I aint browsing
I could be on a Game and the twats pop up
How can I stop it ?

Nice 1

ecrazy

I Just Got Avant, Pretty Tight...What Differences Does FireFox Have That Avant Doesnt?? Or The Other Way Around???

Montana00