Author Topic: Anyone had a hard time quittin weed??  (Read 568 times)

Q U A K E

• Lil Geezy
  • Prai$ez 2 $hiVa 4 this priceless puff!
Anyone had a hard time quittin weed??
« on: August 04, 2004, 04:50:08 PM »
So the deal is, I feel I ened to quit blazing, cuz in the last 2 and a half years, I started smoking, at first occasionally, and then after a few months I started blazing regularly, "quit" for about 2 months and got back into the habit. Its such a part of me now, that Im afraid I wont be able to stop. The reason I gotta quit is cuz I need to get back into a sober mentality, and not always have the remanants of a herbal high clouding up my head. Since Ive never really quit for long Im wondering how Ill think/behave differently once I quit. But every time I tried to quit in the past I could never do it more than 2 week, and that was a pretty big deal. I waste a lotta time smoking, especially in the past, and recently it hasn't been bad, but I was just curious if any1 else ever had a hard time quitting and why/how they did it. Peace.
1 for the Treble and 2 for the bass...
RAP QUAKE with the flows to make the world shake.

peep my newest (practice raps) shit at www.soundclick.com/RapQuake

older shit at www.soundclick.com/UCSDeeeez

Throwback

Re: Anyone had a hard time quittin weed??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 04:55:16 PM »
i had to stop cuz i was out of money.

Montana00

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 05:41:52 PM »
Just try and not think about it. Get your mind on other stuff.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:16:52 PM »
don't try to quit, you're wasting your time and helping yourself insane...i used to smoke all the time and adventually just slowed down and didn't really notice it till one day i thought like damn i haven't smoked in a madd long time and haven't felt the need to...i still smoke at parties now and again but not to often...although i like to indulge in other stuff which gets me lifted every once in awhile, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

teecee

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 07:05:34 PM »
Most people that smoke weed say it isnt addictive, but cant nobody who smokes regularly quit that i have seen.  I used to smoke every day in highschool, but i realized that it is     a) a waste of money    b) not good for my health    c)  i like to have people see the real me, as opposed to the blazed one   

good idea on quitting man, better to do it now rather than later.  I would take up a hobby (weightlifting, running, reading, etc).......peace

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 09:07:03 PM »
Never started
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 11:54:25 PM »
i gotta stop, cause i just got a DUI for weed

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 12:02:14 AM »
That sucks...

Just wondering, how did they catch you? Did they take you down to the station and give you a piss test? I've never really heard of anybody getting a DUI for weed so I was wondering if you could tell me how they did it.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 12:17:10 AM »
That sucks...

Just wondering, how did they catch you? Did they take you down to the station and give you a piss test? I've never really heard of anybody getting a DUI for weed so I was wondering if you could tell me how they did it.

yep, they pulled me over, i was going 15 over the speed limit, i had no weed in the car, i just smoked. they came up, asked me why my eyes were red, and why my car smelled like weed, and then they took me out of the car, i took a sobreity test , passed it, somewhat, and then they candcuff me, take me to hospital, take blood and piss, go to station, take mugshots and finger prints, and thats it, they let a freind pick me up, and my  car was towed, not impounded, i got it back today 130$

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 12:26:20 AM »
don't try to quit, you're wasting your time and helping yourself insane...i used to smoke all the time and adventually just slowed down and didn't really notice it till one day i thought like damn i haven't smoked in a madd long time and haven't felt the need to...i still smoke at parties now and again but not to often..

YUP.....EXACTLY THE WAY IT HAPPENED TO ME.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 12:31:10 AM »
yep, they pulled me over, i was going 15 over the speed limit, i had no weed in the car, i just smoked. they came up, asked me why my eyes were red, and why my car smelled like weed, and then they took me out of the car, i took a sobreity test , passed it, somewhat, and then they candcuff me, take me to hospital, take blood and piss, go to station, take mugshots and finger prints, and thats it, they let a freind pick me up, and my  car was towed, not impounded, i got it back today 130$
That sucks man... Sorry to hear it. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through on the cops side...

You over 21?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 12:32:19 AM »
How do people get addicted to weed? You gotta be a weak person to get addicted.

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 12:51:52 AM »
How do people get addicted to weed? You gotta be a weak person to get addicted.

http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/behavior/tanda-01.pdf
This study basically concluded that Rats who were given a large amount of THC over a period of weeks, and were then given a THC blocker, exhibited some of the same symptoms of withdrawal as some of harder drugs.

There is another study out there that says there is increased dopamine in a different section of the brain when smoking weed, than that of using harder drugs. It still increased dopamine release, but in a different section of the brain.

One current theory is that since THC leaves the body so slowly, the withdrawal symptoms are subdued and minor or not there at all...

I know it was kinda hard for me to quit, and I noticed I was a bit more agitated than usual. I also started hanging around with some different people who didn't smoke and that seemed to help.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 12:54:57 AM »
i only smoke weed

1. when i'm with my friend chris
2. when i want to FUCK a girl....you make love sober. you FUCK when you're high! lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2004, 12:56:53 AM »
i only smoke weed

1. when i'm with my friend chris
2. when i want to FUCK a girl....you make love sober. you FUCK when you're high! lol

You can fuck a girl sober... ;)