Author Topic: horror movie sequels  (Read 1109 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: horror movie sequels
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 08:31:18 AM »
imo most of those sound stupid...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Thirteen

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2004, 11:52:56 AM »
Forgetting some?

Elm Street Prequal, Freddy vs Jason 2,  Cabin Fever 2, Alien vs Predator, Alien 5, and Final Destination 3-D...

not really, those films aren't too far along, the site i go to tells of films that are definites.... plus aliens are considered sci fi, not horror movies

"Freddy vs Jason 2", "Cabin Fever 2", "Aliens vs Predator, & "Final Destination 3-D" are all definite... ::)

"Elm Street Prequel" & "Alien 5" are extremely likely... :D

what i'm saying is that they are missing key parts such as; Cast, director, scripts... so they're not definite. right now they're just ideas

and Aliens is more Sci Fi than horror - takes place in the future, aboard spaceships, in space, with futuristic weaponry, the enemies are aliens....

Throwback

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2004, 11:56:11 AM »
I really wanna see Resident Evil and The Ring 2

Rain

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2004, 05:08:06 PM »
Forgetting some?

Elm Street Prequal, Freddy vs Jason 2,  Cabin Fever 2, Alien vs Predator, Alien 5, and Final Destination 3-D...

not really, those films aren't too far along, the site i go to tells of films that are definites.... plus aliens are considered sci fi, not horror movies

"Freddy vs Jason 2", "Cabin Fever 2", "Aliens vs Predator, & "Final Destination 3-D" are all definite... ::)

"Elm Street Prequel" & "Alien 5" are extremely likely... :D

what i'm saying is that they are missing key parts such as; Cast, director, scripts... so they're not definite. right now they're just ideas

and Aliens is more Sci Fi than horror - takes place in the future, aboard spaceships, in space, with futuristic weaponry, the enemies are aliens....

Alien, the first one not aliens, is still a story told with the visual style and all the charateristics of the horror genre. and as for your definition of definitie - 28 Weeks Later has no director, cast or script as far as being announced. Same with Blair Witch 3, it got announced during the release of the first and hasnt being mentioned since. No confirmed director, cast or script for Candyman 4. Dracula II: Ascension is already on video. No director, cast or script yet announced for Halloween 9 or The Lecter Variations or The TCM prequel. so in your definition of definite films - about half your, what appears to be an old, list isnt valid

and even when you do have a script, cast and director its still difficult to argue its definitie
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 08:48:15 PM by Rain »
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

hector

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2004, 08:44:27 PM »
exactly anyone who calls either predator or alien horror is a fuckin idiot.  and the og ring sucked, fuck a sequel.  blair witch and hell boy sucked balls and whoever created those movies should die.  and hellboy isn't a horror movie anyways, unless you consider it so bad your scared to see the sequel.  28 weeks later sucked.  I ain't really interested in any of those sequels.  Nothing beats an 80's horror movie.

Rain

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2004, 09:02:44 PM »
exactly anyone who calls either predator or alien horror is a fuckin idiot.  and the og ring sucked, fuck a sequel.  blair witch and hell boy sucked balls and whoever created those movies should die.  and hellboy isn't a horror movie anyways, unless you consider it so bad your scared to see the sequel.  28 weeks later sucked.  I ain't really interested in any of those sequels.  Nothing beats an 80's horror movie.

how can you say Alien isn't a horror? Do you even know what the genre is? Ridley Scott has described it as a horror so you're calling the film's director a fuckin idiot. You sound like you're thinking slasher is the only subgenre of horror.

again i will say that has the style and all the characteristics of a horror movie. genre is not solely concerning the plot. yes it has sci-fi elements but alot of horror movies do.
Frankenstein
Creature Of The Black Lagoon
King Kong
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde
etc etc

- Amelie (2001)

- Franklin Roosevelt

- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

hector

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2004, 09:21:12 PM »

how can you say Alien isn't a horror? Do you even know what the genre is? Ridley Scott has described it as a horror so you're calling the film's director a fuckin idiot. You sound like you're thinking slasher is the only subgenre of horror.

again i will say that has the style and all the characteristics of a horror movie. genre is not solely concerning the plot. yes it has sci-fi elements but alot of horror movies do.
Frankenstein
King Kong
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde
etc etc

alien is a sci fi plain and simple.  Might as well put the terminator in horror if your gonna put alien in there.  Is ET a horror film?  do you know what science fiction is?  Maybe the star wars trilogy should be considered horror.  Afterall, that was pretty scary when Luke was fighting that big monster in Return of the Jedi.  And Darth Vader is one of the scariest villains ever. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2004, 09:56:15 PM »
Holloween 9...wtf?

Rain

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2004, 10:18:31 PM »

Frankenstein
King Kong
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde
etc etc

alien is a sci fi plain and simple.  Might as well put the terminator in horror if your gonna put alien in there.  Is ET a horror film?  do you know what science fiction is?  Maybe the star wars trilogy should be considered horror.  Afterall, that was pretty scary when Luke was fighting that big monster in Return of the Jedi.  And Darth Vader is one of the scariest villains ever. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

that reply made no sense. I said Alien has the visual style and characteristics of a horror film and now youre trying to argue that i think all these other films are horrror as well. I never confused any science-fiction element as being horror so I'm not really sure what your trying to do. I understand what science-fiction is and I did state that Alien had sci-fi elements. All I'm arguging that calling Alien horror is valid. You seem to think Alien has no aspect of horror in it which is simply false. And you're also suggesting that horror is defined by how scary something is which can only indicate to me you get scared in 80s slasher films, you know little about horror as a genre as it is not simply defined by fear and you know little about genre in film.

and while I wouldn't classify The Terminator as horror it does borrow a few minor elements from it - the dark lighting, the skulls of humans and and skeletal appearance of the machine.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 10:24:48 PM by Rain »

- Amelie (2001)

- Franklin Roosevelt

- Chuck D

- Raoul Duke

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2004, 10:33:58 PM »
and while I wouldn't classify The Terminator as horror it does borrow a few minor elements from it - the dark lighting, the skulls of humans and and skeletal appearance of the machine

Doesn't that belong in the Sci-Fi category, because all those things you mentioned are  "Science Fiction".
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 10:36:24 PM by Machiavelli »

Rain

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2004, 10:43:17 PM »
and while I wouldn't classify The Terminator as horror it does borrow a few minor elements from it - the dark lighting, the skulls of humans and and skeletal appearance of the machine

Doesn't that belong in the Sci-Fi category, because all those things you mentioned are  "Science Fiction".

No,  skulls and the skeleton as a symbol of death is not science-fiction. It's quite characteristic of horror actually. Why do you think the appearance of skeletons figure so much into Halloween? you think Sci-Fi developed the skeletal appearance and skulls symbolic of death in film?

certain visuals, styles and characteristics were developed primarily by different genres. nowadays films are talking more of leap in combining many genres in order to tell a narrative, thats why its becoming harder to place film in one particular genre.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 10:45:18 PM by Rain »

- Amelie (2001)

- Franklin Roosevelt

- Chuck D

- Raoul Duke

hector

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2004, 10:47:52 PM »

Frankenstein
King Kong
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde
etc etc

that reply made no sense. I said Alien has the visual style and characteristics of a horror film and now youre trying to argue that i think all these other films are horrror as well. I never confused any science-fiction element as being horror so I'm not really sure what your trying to do. I understand what science-fiction is and I did state that Alien had sci-fi elements. All I'm arguging that calling Alien horror is valid. You seem to think Alien has no aspect of horror in it which is simply false. And you're also suggesting that horror is defined by how scary something is which can only indicate to me you get scared in 80s slasher films, you know little about horror as a genre as it is not simply defined by fear and you know little about genre in film.

and while I wouldn't classify The Terminator as horror it does borrow a few minor elements from it - the dark lighting, the skulls of humans and and skeletal appearance of the machine.

LOL, ok think what you wanna think.  Terminator, Alien, Predator are all horrors. So is robocop and star wars.  and ET.  and Critters.  so funny the people you encounter on the net.  Not one person I've ever met in my life would consider any of those horrors, but since you said so it must be true.

Rain

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2004, 11:01:58 PM »
If you go back when I first posted in this thread. you will see that I said I didn't think Predator or any of the Alien sequels were horror. You will see that all I've being trying to suggest is that its valid to call Alien horror. I never tried to argue that you couldn't call it science-fiction. If I did, please show me where. If you read my post you just replied to you will see I don't think of The Terminator as horror. You seem to think genre is a black-and-white case. That if its science-Fiction it cant be labelled by any other genre. That a film has to fit in about 6-7 genres. You can't classify film that simply. You're the one that assumed that what you said must be right when you called anyone that would think Alien could be called a horror must be an idiot. I never said that anyone that calls Alien a science-fiction is a fuckin idiot so I don't really get why you're trying to say "but since you said so it must be true" as you were the one trying to assume superiority.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 11:04:27 PM by Rain »

- Amelie (2001)

- Franklin Roosevelt

- Chuck D

- Raoul Duke

hector

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2004, 01:01:18 AM »
I never read any of your previous posts, nor do I care to.  I stand by my words, anyone who think the predator or the alien movies are horror movies is a fuckin idiot.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2004, 01:04:02 AM »
^^You're a fuckin' stuborn dumbass..."Alien" is a Horror/Sci-Fi film...If you don't know that, you're simply an idiot..."Predator" isn't horror, but it has elements of horror in it...You wanna argue the directors and producers of the movies?

Search www.imdb.com, and see what category it falls under.