Author Topic: New Nas track- Disciple  (Read 501 times)

teecee

New Nas track- Disciple
« on: August 08, 2004, 11:41:18 AM »
well, from what i've heard of nas upcoming cd so far, it looks like he is going left and doing some rugged shit, choosing not to jump on the Kanye west inspired soul sample tip, too bad i would love nas and kanye together.  ANyway, i think this cd is gonna be quite hard, maybe even hard enough for Jome to like a nas album

http://statikselektah.com/nasstatik.mp3

this ain't 50, this aint jigga/  this aint diddy, this aint pretty/ 

mauzip

Re: New Nas track- Disciple
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 11:43:12 AM »
good looking out

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 12:28:21 PM »
thanks. looking forward to street desciple.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 12:30:08 PM »
I'm skipping this track.  The two songs from his single is enough, I wanna be suprised when I get the album.  I don't wanna know everything about it.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »
intresting song, i dont like the chorus, lyrics are ok, nice flow, ok beat, i like that piano thing, reminds me of old western movies, i dunno why

Throwback

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 01:00:15 PM »
i like it. i like it a lot.

Makaveli.2003

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 02:55:03 PM »
Heres another track from the album Street Disciple:

Nas - Good Morning

pappy

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 03:07:34 PM »
intresting song, i dont like the chorus, lyrics are ok, nice flow, ok beat, i like that piano thing, reminds me of old western movies, i dunno why
that keyboard is from the kool g rap song road to the riches.  he even uses a line of 2 from the song.

teecee

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 03:40:27 PM »
Hmmm, i knew i recognized the beat for some reason....

ya, i think i am gonna boycott listening to the leaks of this album ,i gotta be surprised by at least one album this year 

and that Good Morning song is amazing despite the recycled beat

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »
You're disappointed he's not jumping on the bandwagon like everybody else? I like Kanye, but if nas would have went after him I would have been disappointed as hell.  It seems like nas has really had a rebirth and he's getting back to doing pure hip hop. I really think that this is gonna be album of the year.  At least for me, its my most anticipated.  Also, I haven't listened to anything from this album except for theif's theme. I wanna be surprised too. 

eS El Duque

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 09:00:44 PM »
choosing not to jump on the Kanye west inspired soul sample tip, too bad i would love nas and kanye together. 

Good Bless Nas  8)

thanks for the link

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 09:13:51 PM »
Nas and Kanye have worked together.  Check out the vault under Kanye West.  You'll see.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

teecee

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 11:32:34 AM »
Ya, i know kanye ghost produced Poppa was a player, and he did a remix to kissing back in the day that never came out unitl the last year...........but i wanted some new nas-kanye shit, but kanye is on way too much shit, and some of the songs he's been doing for peeps havent been that good lately, its probably a blessing.   I just have a feeling that kanye would give nas his best work.........

and for those that think nas is going straight authentic hiphop on this one, know that trackmasters are doing about 5-6 tracks.......they've produced classic songs fro nas b4 (the message, if i ruled the world, etc), so i think its a good move, especially after hearing that good morning song they produced

bez

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 12:51:35 PM »
Dope.

Can't wait for this shit, been bumping alot of Nas lately, need sumit new.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 03:31:30 AM »
Kanye also produced the song Nas appeared on Harlem World's album 'The Movement'