Author Topic: Why no love for what mobb deep has done in the game  (Read 423 times)

pappy

Why no love for what mobb deep has done in the game
« on: August 12, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »
First off there a top 5 even top 3 rap groups of all time in majority of peoples eyes.  shit a lot of people will even put them at number one.  Havoc is a top 10 producer of all time.  Pee from 94-98 is a top 15 maybe even a top 10 emcee of all time.  They have two classics, the infamous an hell on earth.  A near classic, murda muzik.  One hot album that very well be top 3 album of 2004 in amerikaz nightmare.  One dope solo album from pee.  The only negative thing on there record was infamy.  Shit you got people that call jigga the goat yet his catalogue aint seeing mobb deeps.  People call snoop the goat an his catalogue aint seeing mobb deep.  Yea he has doggystyle but what album after that is fuckin with the infamous, murda muzik, an hell on earth or even there new album lol..... NOTHING.  Their up there with Nas, Ice Cube, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Outkast, an Scarface when it come to catalogue.  Why do they get no credit at all for what they have accomplished.  I aint tryin to say there the GOAT an shit b/c thats up to argument an personal preference.  but there is no denying what they have accomplished.

DAYUM

Re: Why no love for what mobb deep has done in the game
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 01:03:20 AM »
i feel u homie but mobb deeps is mostly for underground peeps mainstream has no love for them...

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 01:51:39 AM »
i feel u homie but mobb deeps is mostly for underground peeps mainstream has no love for them...

unfortunately  :'(

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:17:16 AM »

Yup, they ust don't appeal mainstream. They are a great duo no matter what.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DAYUM

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 02:22:41 AM »
prolly cuzz there the only group who hasent sold out

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 03:06:01 AM »
one word : Prodigy , Havoc needs to go solo

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 03:51:41 AM »
co-sign...the great thing about their catalogue is that albums like Infamous and Hell On Earth still sound so fresh nowadays...and blow the majority of recent releases out of the water...

but i do think that Prodigy has been dragging them down, after HNIC he seemed to get real lazy with it, which is sad cos like u said in his day he was one of the best...

i just wanna know what happened to that Havoc solo?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 08:58:05 AM »
When I was younger I used to like them, but then something happened..........I grew up.

These guys suck. It's the same old shit time after time. "I'm from the streets", "I'm going to kill you", "I have guns". I migfht as well just listen to 50 and G Unit. The amount of times they escape this style is minimal. I thoughjt they were growing when they released the first single from infamy, but then I heard the rest of the album, and it was back to the bull shit.

They don't make my top anything. Outkast, NWA, P.E., Tribe, DITC, Wu Tang, Run DMC, Beatie Boys, BDP (if that counts as a group), all get ranked way higher on my list.

Dre, Primo, Rza, Alchemist, Pete Rock, Rick Rubin, Jermaine Dupri, Eric Sermon, Q Tip, shit even Puffy, get ranked higher on my producer's list.

As for MCs, I won't even go there, because I never liked Prodigy and could proibably name 1000 MCs ahead of him.

Now what you just read was strictly my opinion, but the bottom line remains that with or with out Mobb Deep rap would be in no different state. They've had no siginficant impact. If they ever made it in the main stream all their current fans would have turned on them, just like what happened with 50.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 09:33:12 AM »
Mobb Deep got I love I always felt. As for mainstream, who cares. I know they don't get much love on the west. But anyone mentioned on Hit 'Em Up gets no love. I still am mad at them for releasing the 2Pac after he died. It's been almost 7 years, and everyones moved on, but I just can't get over it...  :-\  They could have taken the song off the album, everyone knew who they were talking about. 'Pac must have made a lot of people mad if they (Chino XL, Mobb Deep, Biggie) all released songs about him after he died.

pappy

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 10:28:51 AM »
Pac must have made a lot of people mad if they (Chino XL, Mobb Deep, Biggie) all released songs about him after he died.
drop a gem on em leaked on the streets b4 pac died.  Never got officially released tho while pac was alive

teecee

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 11:58:11 AM »
Ya, Mobb Deep is definitely a great group, having dropped to arguable classics (Infamous, Hell on Earth), and even though Infamy was pretty wack, they came back with a very good album this time around. 

However, to say that most people view them as top 5 or top 3 is not true.......i have rarely heard anyone say that besides Gotti or Jome.............yes, Mobb Deep has made some great music and are still a good group today.  However, compare them with Tribe Called Quest, Gangstarr,  Public Enemy,  Run Dmc,  Outkast,  Beastie Boys  etc and it aint really close . 

AS for catalogue, infamy is the only thing that really tarnishes their legacy, but nearly every rapper drops some weak shit like that once in a career 

As for impact on the game and originality, they have brought very little.  I always liked prodigy ALOT, but to put him top 5 ahead of  Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Nas, Jay Z (ive finally excepted it),  Andre,  Kool G Rap,  2pac,  Ll Cool J,  Scarface  etc........basically, prodigy cant even get close to touching anyone of those guys.............and thats just beginning.  His subject matter is so limited, and now that his skills arent as sharp as they once were, it really shows. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 12:11:49 PM »
Pac must have made a lot of people mad if they (Chino XL, Mobb Deep, Biggie) all released songs about him after he died.
drop a gem on em leaked on the streets b4 pac died.  Never got officially released tho while pac was alive

I know, I mean to record a song well 'Pac is dead dissing him is just wrong, but to still offically release it is kinda fucked up too. Anyways, I do like there first 2 albums, they are alright, I just gotta get over my Cali biased... lol

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 12:18:48 PM »
As for impact on the game and originality, they have brought very little

that's not true. "The Infamous" and "Survival Of The Fittest" and "Shook Ones Pt. II" did have an impact. That second album along with Illmatic kind of defined the typical Queensbridge style and what would be labeled 'reality rap' and contributed to givin people the idea of what Queensbridge as a hood was/is like that we generally got more than any other album

I agree some people don't give them the credit they deserve. As for the mainstream it is nuthin but logical that the grimey, dark and depressive style they had in most of their songs never appealed to the masses like the party tunes on Doggystyle

Shallow, don't talk about bein grown up and mature lyrics and then come up with NWA. If "Niggaz 4 Life" is sumthin for grown-ups to listen to then any Mobb Deep album is

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 12:28:40 PM »
Mobb Deep has made some great music and are still a good group today. However, compare them with Tribe Called Quest, Gangstarr, Public Enemy, Run Dmc, Outkast, Beastie Boys etc and it aint really close .

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 01:08:07 PM »
As for impact on the game and originality, they have brought very little

that's not true. "The Infamous" and "Survival Of The Fittest" and "Shook Ones Pt. II" did have an impact. That second album along with Illmatic kind of defined the typical Queensbridge style and what would be labeled 'reality rap' and contributed to givin people the idea of what Queensbridge as a hood was/is like that we generally got more than any other album

I agree some people don't give them the credit they deserve. As for the mainstream it is nuthin but logical that the grimey, dark and depressive style they had in most of their songs never appealed to the masses like the party tunes on Doggystyle

Shallow, don't talk about bein grown up and mature lyrics and then come up with NWA. If "Niggaz 4 Life" is sumthin for grown-ups to listen to then any Mobb Deep album is

NWA is comical. You're not supposed to take those guys serious. Everything they did was a joke, intentionally.Mobb Deep want to be taken as serious. Besides I put NWA on my list based on impact. That is undisputable. If Mobb had that kind of impact then I'd add them too.