Author Topic: Wes Borland back with Limp Bizkit...  (Read 126 times)

jeromechickenbone

Wes Borland back with Limp Bizkit...
« on: August 17, 2004, 03:26:07 PM »
This may be old news, but it was new to me : I read this on mtv.com.  They booted the guitarist that replaced him, and apparently are back with Borland.  Limp Bizkit's first album was great.  Basically everything after that was shit.  Fred Durst is easily the least talented person in that group, but I'm actually looking forward to hearing Wes bring it back.  As long as fred doesn't try to sing and doesn't try to rap, I'll be ok.  He's a hell of a screamer, and thats what i think he should stick to.  I mean I really fucking hate when he tries to rap. he's fucking terrible and somebody needs to tell him to knock it off.  No more featuring rappers in their albums. Keep Lethal scratching and everything, but no more rapping. Just thought I'd let yall know. Peace.

davida.b.

Re: Wes Borland back with Limp Bizkit...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 04:13:37 PM »
Why do you want no guest rappers? That's basically what makes a Limp Bizkit album good. That, DJ Lethal's production and Wes Borland

Montana00

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:18:47 PM »
who cares if he's back. Wes borland isnt a legend guitar player.

Guitarists arent essential like vocalists. Guitarists can be replaced

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 05:27:09 PM »
I don't remember saying Wes is a legendary guitar player.  by the way, saying that guitarists and vocalists are easily replaceable is kind of an ignorant statement.  By that standard, you're saying that the rhythm section is the most important part of a band?  I don't wanna get to deep into this, but I will say this.  The most basic function of a drummer is to keep time.  Basically anyone with some kind of muscial sense can do this. (btw i play drums and i even admit this).  Bass is of course a crucial element, but again at its most basic function is to keep time with the drummer.  I mean John Bonham was an incredible drummer, but if Led Zepplin didn't have robert plant and Jimmy Page, do you think anybody would have cared about them as much? Ringo was a good drummer, but you could have stuck anybody back there, told them to keep it basic, and you would still have the beatles...

And I guess I didn't mean to criticize any of the featured rappers on limp bizkit albums, because more often then not they were desperately needed.  I just meant I hated how their albums were Fred trying to prove he was "cool", and he could rap.  Lethal is great at scratching, imo wes was the most defining part of their sound.  John Otto is an incredible drummer.  Sam could really bang out some shit on the bass.  I think fred is the least talented person in that group.

Montana00

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 06:01:09 PM »
you

are

a

dumbass. READ MY POST.

Ill say it again in terms even you can understand. First of all i said UNLIKE VOCALISTS guitar players are replaceable.
AND THE ONLY TIME YOU CANT REPLACE A GUITARISTS IS WHEN THERE ACTUALLY GOOD (LIKE WHEN I SAID LEGEND). SO YES, AWEFUL GUITARISTS LIKE WES BORLAND ARE REPLACEABLE.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 07:25:03 PM »
the original post for this topic was cool cause it informed me that wes is back with limp...and i also agree that limps first album is their best cause fred is a dope screamer...

everything else posted  :-[ ::)
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 07:16:52 AM »
Well at least he adds a whole lot of charisma to their live act with all them crazy makeup schemes. I used to like Limp Bizkit but now I can't stand their records. The track with Method Man that was produced by Primo was cool though, not really cause of Durst though. Oh and that other track on their other album, the Rollin remix or whatever it was. Red, Meth & DMX all came good on that one.

Montana00

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 07:46:29 AM »
i used to like them, i think they died with "Rollin", which was their first song off their chocolate starfish album.

But i was a fan with their previous album that had nookie on it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 10:49:01 AM »
Rollin was truly disgusting.  "1,2,3 times 2 to the 6th, jonesin for your fix is the limp bizkit mix" I mean what the fuck? hell at least it rhymed.

Rampant - I see that I did misread your post. But for me, I had no interest once Wes was out of the band. No he is not a legendary guitar player.  But I did like his playing style, and he was largely responsible for their sound. I'm at least interested in hearing what they come with again.  Hopefully it will be back to their original sound. Peace

Tha Crip

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 02:18:57 PM »
why did u say fred shouldnt sing or rap........ok rap i understand BUT "SING".....dude....all rock vocalists hav to sing dats wat rock is about......SINGING....there not a heavy or dead metal band...there just a plain old rock band.....maybe fred was heavy on the yelling and screaming on there first album but dat slightly changed wit significant other and chococalte starfish when they included rap songs on there album.....BOTTOM LINE...FRED HAS TO SING JUS LIKE ALL DA OTHER LEAD ROCK VOCALISTS
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 02:18:23 AM »
i'll be frank with you....that last guitar player they had....better than wes.... wes sux the only reason why people like him is cuz he dressed funny and talked a bunch of bull shit about "real music" when he couldn't even play it. not to say that the last guitarist was any REALER but way back in the day when i use to like that crap i remember downloading Limp Bizkit playing "master of puppets" by Metallica....which any of you who play guitar (or not) is a very very hard song to play. I sat through 7 minutes of Wes totally ruining that song, and it wasn't just one bad performancei downloaded at least 3 or 4.lol. Now last year at the Summer Sanitarium Tour aka the tour in which Limp got booed off stage at every venue, i got to see limp live opening for metallica.....every song they played they got booed for EXCEPT for when they did Sanitarium (that gay remix they did) and Master of Puppets (which they kept faithful to the original) .....whoever the fuck that replacment was....he played that song quite well . master of puppets is one of those standards you judge a guitarist from and he met standard wes didn't.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09