Author Topic: I've Said it before, I'll say it again: Looking back, Tony Blair is Gangsta  (Read 167 times)

Trauma-san

I hope England realizes what a hell of a prime Minister they have.  I know nothing about his domestic policy, but his foriegn policy is genius. 

When the whole Iraq thing went down with Bush, Tony Blair stood with him, and it was a brilliant move not necessarily for Blair, but for England.  America is the world's 'sole superpower' or whatever they like to call us... and England used to be.  Blair knew that if he didn't sign on with Bush, Bush would go invade Iraq, anyways.  So, by standing WITH Bush, he aligned himself with a superpower, which does nothing but help England's power quotient.  If he had went against Bush, America would have undoubtedly been perceived as even MORE powerful, since we waged war basically with no assistance.  By aligning with us, England is perceived as more powerful, since abandoning us would have strengthened America, and as a result lessened the perceived strength of England. 

I also, honestly think Blair thought it was the right thing to do.  He believed the intelligence, and thought it was in the best interests of England to bust up Saddam's shit.  So I think not only was he making what he thought was the morally correct move on the war, I think he also was omnicient enough to know the effect abandoning America @ this phase of the 'terror war' would have upon England's status as a world power. 

In the end: He can always blame any flack on America, as well, even if he doesn't say it himself, any hate that gets thrown at England will eventually point back @ Bush. 

Thirdly, there are also benefits of course to be had simply by being the U.S.'s closest ally.  So you've got

1. He thought it was the morally correct thing to do (whether or not it was is irregardless, so don't even start the argument)
2. He recognized the effect this war would have on sorting out the superpowers and the inconsequental countries of the world... I.E., France has now been delegated to a "who the fuck needs them" country.... England hasn't. 
3. He of course wanted to continue the strong relationship the u.s. and England have established over the years.

In the meanwhile, he can do independent things like condemn Israel, etc. and not have to worry about flack from the U.S., because of the war, and save face with all the folks against the war.  Excellent politician, he's a monster.

eS El Duque

I would'nt call hima gangster, more of a "badass"

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
How the fuck do u seriously think Tony Blair made an honest mistake? Seriouusly Trauma are u this naive? Im  drun k as fuck right now, and i cant beliven what yoiure saying. Do u think the PM of the UK makes honest mistakes like that? Do u think the $60 billion American intelligence apparatus makes mistakes? This shit was planned well in advance why cantr u see that? Why do u give a piece of shit like Bush the benefit of the doubt like that? I for got,  u actually beliuve in the American govt. Of course, i dont blame Blair for sidiing with Bush, it is to his benefit of course, but dont give me this bullshit about Blair and Bush making an honest mistake. Tech was telling u 3 yrs ago that this whioilse shit was phony and u still stickin to your dumb ideals.  I hope one day u see the truth homie.

Peace and much love to $2 beers at clubs
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mauzip

How the fuck do u seriously think Tony Blair made an honest mistake? Seriouusly Trauma are u this naive? Im  drun k as fuck right now, and i cant beliven what yoiure saying. Do u think the PM of the UK makes honest mistakes like that? Do u think the $60 billion American intelligence apparatus makes mistakes? This shit was planned well in advance why cantr u see that? Why do u give a piece of shit like Bush the benefit of the doubt like that? I for got,  u actually beliuve in the American govt. Of course, i dont blame Blair for sidiing with Bush, it is to his benefit of course, but dont give me this bullshit about Blair and Bush making an honest mistake. Tech was telling u 3 yrs ago that this whioilse shit was phony and u still stickin to your dumb ideals.  I hope one day u see the truth homie.

$2 for a beer is fucking expensive! When we first got the euro one glass of beer was like €1.35, 1 month later it was €2! Damn bastards!

Trauma-san

Like I said, I don't want to argue that in this thread, and I don't agree with you.  I think any mistakes made were honest mistakes.  And don't give me "peace and much love" fuck that, you sound hostile as hell.  So fuck you, and fuck you for fucking up my thread. 

Back to the undrunken discussion of Tony Blair's foriegn policy.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
trauma the effects of the war has made britain less safe as we're constantly under threat of an impending terrorist attack, we're lost friends in the middle east eg seirria who before america started talking shit about them we had good relations. our european neighbours who were against the war use their powers to punish us where possible in the EU although luckily with an enlarge EU we have more allies and now have the power to fuck with the franco-german corrupt alliance. For blair inparticular it was near political suicide as labour entered their second term with a record majority and if they win the next election they will only just scrape it. alot of previously strong labour supporters are now looking parties like the lib dems and respect (started after being suspended from labour when a newspaper accused him of recieving funds from saddam hussein) fortunatly for labour the conservatives still havn't got their act together but then they were the source of most of blairs suppport for the war in the first place. most voters believe blairs is a lier over the intelligance previous to the war in iraq and that he misrepresented the case for the war, which i agree with i supported the war to remove the evil regime who had mass murdered his people but since we went down the WMD root we should have never of attacked because no smoking gun was found, but then again america was too impatient to let the inspections finish which is probaly because they new the outcome and wouldn't have been able to gain international support after weapons inspection not coming up with anything. Clinton's analysis was spot on IMO blair really was torn between the european stance and the american stance.

but what have we gained? there is very little evidence we have had any influence on america. not even our stockmarkets have done that well because of it (war is normally good for business) infact quite the opposite with these escilating oil prices.

we may have shown that we're still a world power of importance but we have but relations with countries around the world arn't as good as they were a couple of years ago making us less influential in that way.

and your reference to france i think your media has influenced you there i wouldn't say they have lost power more likely gained from apposing america by having support from those who opposed the war. and credit where credits due atleast their in africa doing something worth while. and what have we really achieved in iraq? not alot really just angered alot of people, spent alot of money, killed alot of people and encouraged terrorists.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Like I said, I don't want to argue that in this thread, and I don't agree with you.  I think any mistakes made were honest mistakes.  And don't give me "peace and much love" fuck that, you sound hostile as hell.  So fuck you, and fuck you for fucking up my thread. 

Back to the undrunken discussion of Tony Blair's foriegn policy.

Dumb woman. I said peace and much love to beers, not your faggot ass. Lol @ "discussin of foreign policy"

You wouldnt know foreign policy if it slapped you across your mouth and identified itself. You werent even worth a drunken response in retrospect.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

$2 for a beer is fucking expensive! When we first got the euro one glass of beer was like €1.35, 1 month later it was €2! Damn bastards!

$2 canadian, is $1.50 American, and about 1 pound UK.

Beers in clubs are routinely $4-6, but Thursdays is cheap.

BTW, I threw up 5 minutes after making that post. I just showed up at the computer, clowned Trauma, puked, and slept.

- Lewis Carroll