Author Topic: Somebody please explain me..  (Read 342 times)

Smoke

Somebody please explain me..
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:53:59 PM »
Why if i purchase a copy of 213 and The Game do you consider me as a "true" West Coast fan? Do i help the West Coast somehow if i buy them albums? Why? How? Cause i'm reading everywhere: "fuck the East Coast not giving love to the West. Let's support 213 no matter what. Fuck the Source ignoring 213. Fuck East Coast radios not loving 213. If you love the West, buy 213!". Are 213 & The Game really helping the West Coast? How? I'd rather spend them money on the new West Coast Mafia Gang CD, and on Yukmouth's latest compilation, or in the new MC Eith & Spice 1, or Spice 1 solo, or Bully's Wit Fully's 2, etc.. Am i a hater? Am i a "real" West Coast fan?

P.S. I love 213 as a group. I'm the webmaster of Warren G-Funk Online, a connected site. So i'm not hating on them. I really dont get it. 213 album SUX. Snoop ruined it with unknown producers. Snoop's albums are 90% East Coast anyway. The Game i dont like him as a rapper and i dont like G-Unit people (actually i ignore most of their products, i dont feel them). Man let's face it: if 213 is the West Coast, then FUCK THE WEST COAST! Cause it's fucking dead like Elvis.

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
Re: Somebody please explain me..
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 03:03:40 PM »
Alright... Little example:

I buy the new 213 record. I play it to my freinds. One of my friends loves it. This friend who is a longtime eastcoast fan recongizes westcoast rap is still around even though he didnt read about it or saw westcoast cats on tv. He starts searching for westcoast rap on the net and signs to this board. Then he reads a post by some dude called Antonio who posts up news about C-Bos and his crew. He listens to the audio samples, loves it and buys it :)

Sounds complicated but it isn't. That's how it all started for mayn rappers bayk in the 90s even tho it wasnt net back then...
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 03:55:55 PM »

I buy the new 213 record. I play it to my freinds. One of my friends loves it. This friend who is a longtime eastcoast fan recongizes westcoast rap is still around even though he didnt read about it or saw westcoast cats on tv. He starts searching for westcoast rap on the net and signs to this board. Then he reads a post by some dude called Antonio who posts up news about C-Bos and his crew. He listens to the audio samples, loves it and buys it :)

Sounds complicated but it isn't. That's how it all started for mayn rappers bayk in the 90s even tho it wasnt net back then...

good explanation

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 04:08:47 PM »

i'm still gonna buy it.. but i'm waiting till its on sale now..  :D

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 04:41:29 PM »
It's supportin them in a lot of ways. The same way that there were the artist that broke through in the late 80s and early 90s that let the nation know that the west coast did have good rap, we need some what of a re-break through since we have "fell off" in many people's eyes. Even though you may say "me buyin one album won't help the sales much" if everybody with that additude did buy the album, the album sales would be a lot higher, and overall that would bring more attention to the west coast. With Game, bein that he is a new rapper, people will realize that there is life beyond Snoop Dre and Cube, and they may actually pay attention to other west coast rappers. Even though everyone seems to have mixed opinions on Game, and many are like "crooked ras sly are the real future of the west" everyone needs to wake up and realize that Game definitely has the best opportunity and biggest chance of blowin up at this moment.

Me personally, I won't ever say somebody isn't a fan because of what they don't buy, and I will never call somebody a fan because of what they do buy. That arguement is for those who are a bit extreme compared to me.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 04:53:41 PM »
It's supportin them in a lot of ways. The same way that there were the artist that broke through in the late 80s and early 90s that let the nation know that the west coast did have good rap, we need some what of a re-break through since we have "fell off" in many people's eyes. Even though you may say "me buyin one album won't help the sales much" if everybody with that additude did buy the album, the album sales would be a lot higher, and overall that would bring more attention to the west coast. With Game, bein that he is a new rapper, people will realize that there is life beyond Snoop Dre and Cube, and they may actually pay attention to other west coast rappers. Even though everyone seems to have mixed opinions on Game, and many are like "crooked ras sly are the real future of the west" everyone needs to wake up and realize that Game definitely has the best opportunity and biggest chance of blowin up at this moment.

Me personally, I won't ever say somebody isn't a fan because of what they don't buy, and I will never call somebody a fan because of what they do buy. That arguement is for those who are a bit extreme compared to me.

I agree. if you buy the album it could help a lot, but it doesn't necessarily mean you really like the album. but thats youre choice because if you get the new yuk compilation or the other lesser-known stuff you'll probably be buyin good music, but those albums have no chance of doing big things across america. If you support all the west albums that have some sort of national exposure it'll open up more doors later on. so if you DO get the new 213, you'll be supporting the westcoast and i guess to som extent that makes you a fan.

Smoke

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 05:01:43 PM »

Yeah, but man, what i mean is that you can't make people love the NBA if US National team is so wack. Feel me? This one who just arrived 4th in their wack group is not the best team that the NBA can offer. Just like, imo, this 213 album is not the best album the West Coast can offer, and Snoop Dogg aint the best rapper (no more) the West Coast can offer. IMO you just cant tell a kid: "man, respect the West! Check this 213 album! They are the best from the West!". It's like saying to me: "Antonio, you gotta love the USA team! They have Iverson, Marbury and Jefferson as starters! They the best!!".

I'd rather boicott it and buy real quality West Coast albums.
I'd rather support Italy than USA.

It's supportin them in a lot of ways. The same way that there were the artist that broke through in the late 80s and early 90s that let the nation know that the west coast did have good rap, we need some what of a re-break through since we have "fell off" in many people's eyes.

What i mean is simply that you cant do it with non-classics 3/5 mics albums. We should better support 4-5/5 mics albums and boicott 2-3/5 albums. That's my opinion.

Then obviously there are people like me who rates this 213 album 3 mics, and people who can rate it 5/5. That's another story.

Smoke

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 05:04:45 PM »
Man, quoting Crooked I, if Snoop Dogg is STILL the West Coast king, we got problems.
I feel you with your arguments, maybe they are good and i'm wrong, but really, it's sad for me to see how the West fell off badly! :'(

And yes, i'm a fan.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 05:31:37 PM »
Why if i purchase a copy of 213 and The Game do you consider me as a "true" West Coast fan? Do i help the West Coast somehow if i buy them albums? Why? How? Cause i'm reading everywhere: "fuck the East Coast not giving love to the West. Let's support 213 no matter what. Fuck the Source ignoring 213. Fuck East Coast radios not loving 213. If you love the West, buy 213!". Are 213 & The Game really helping the West Coast? How? I'd rather spend them money on the new West Coast Mafia Gang CD, and on Yukmouth's latest compilation, or in the new MC Eith & Spice 1, or Spice 1 solo, or Bully's Wit Fully's 2, etc.. Am i a hater? Am i a "real" West Coast fan?

P.S. I love 213 as a group. I'm the webmaster of Warren G-Funk Online, a connected site. So i'm not hating on them. I really dont get it. 213 album SUX. Snoop ruined it with unknown producers. Snoop's albums are 90% East Coast anyway. The Game i dont like him as a rapper and i dont like G-Unit people (actually i ignore most of their products, i dont feel them). Man let's face it: if 213 is the West Coast, then FUCK THE WEST COAST! Cause it's fucking dead like Elvis.
AMEN  8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 05:56:25 PM »
I think the whole 'westcoast eastcoast' thing is dead and has been for years.  People don't even care where rappers are from, and the styles have blended so much that there's really not that much difference anymore anyways.  Plus, just because somebody likes some song by a westcoast artist doesn't mean they're gonna like 'westcoast rap', and on top of that, you personally buying the CD of famous cats isn't gonna help 'the cause', because they already have money, and the three of them are going to get exposure one way or another anyways.  There's always gonna be a certain amount of money Snoop (and really anything Snoop attaches his name to) can command by releasing any album with anything on it.  He's still gonna go Gold? Plat? Whatever that number is that he can command.  Buying another one is going to make him Plat +1. 

The only effect you could have is to buy somebody like Yukmouth's CD, like he mentioned.  Why? ... because if Yukmouth sells enough shit, he may eventually have enough money to get on BET or MTV more, and then become a bigger name. 

213 already has enough money to get on BET or MTV, but BET, MTV, and the fans aren't showing enough interest to keep them in the limelight for long anymore.  Buying another album of theres doesn't help @ all, because they problem isn't on a money level anymore.

Yukmouth's problem IS partially on a money level.  He doesn't have the money to do it real big, so he stays smaller and more unknown partially because of a money prob. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 06:04:35 PM »
ultimately, the west isnt shit compared to the east no more. noone can deny that. and, if you want the west back like it was a few years ago - Im not even talking about the mid 90's cause the west will NEVER be as big as back then again - there's noone more capable of doing it than Game with production from Dre. some may find that sad, and it IS sad, but that's the way things are.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 07:01:16 PM »
I can name so many  albums that came out this year worse than 213 ,east and west.  I aint never said 213 is the best the west has to offer, cuz it aint, ive been knowin that even before they decided to do the album.  Nate is a good representitive though.  Snoop should be benched until he gets his head back on straight.  Warren, he woulnt make the dream team.  I can name off hella producers from the west that gotta edge on warren.  Sounds like your a game hater, cuz GAME ripped weside story, and cant nobody tell me he didnt, and if you do, i just know that your taste in music or lyrics is shit. 

Yo aint gotta support 213 if you dont like em, just support the ones you like homie.  If I supported every dude from the west that came out with an album, id be broker than a joker.  You give people chances, if thier album sucks, then u just dont buy thier next one.  Snoops albums have been shitty, dont buy it.  Go scoop up west coast mafia and give those artist chances.   213 is cool 2 me cuz nate is on it, and i think he shines on the cd, very talented.  Beats could have been better, especially the latter half of the cd, but please dont knock them cuz they put on some up and comming producers.  Thats good and more people should do it.  Knoc them cuz they allowed sub par beats on the album( which should tell you if an artist has an ear for good music).   And since snoop was leading the whole project, that should tell you about him and should tell you what to expect on his next album.  And which is why I believe he has so much success in the beginning because he had dr dre to filter all that shit out his ear, although the neptunes i believe have a good ear for music so they may be able to do the same.  I love cbo, so ill support his ass.  If a dude is wack, dont put no money in him,  Thats retarded.  So for instance, i got yuk, spice 1, Big Hutch, kali's finest and some more and thougtht they were garbage....  So, I wont support thier next albums.  But i also bought albums by roscoe, messy marv, san quinn, cbo, chico and coolwadda, and some more and loved em, so ima keep supporting them.  Then there are other artist that i used to like, but after a bad purchase or 2 ( or in snoops case like 3) i burn before i buy, so like bad azz, kurupt is gettin burned .  And then there are those that im hella loyal to and have never been disapointed in and figure overall they like exactly what I like ... jayo, e4o, blegit, quik (although he kinda slipped up on his last album, he got hella stripes with me so its ight), cube, dre, daz (he on probabtion though).  Thats all you gotta do man.
IE

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 07:20:31 PM »
It's all about puttin the money in the artists pockets so they get rich and lose their hunger to make great music. Instead they give us generic bullshit. Its all a part of the cycle.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 09:07:48 PM »
^ Your pic reminds me, though (since basically Bone's fell the fuck off) that true talent you never get tired of... I'll always like Bone even though they're nowhere what they were, and Snoop, Dre, Eminem, etc. all your huge-ass artists you'll still be fans of even after they start all the commercial bullshit, becuase they got charisma or something that makes you want them to be as dope as they used to be.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2004, 09:29:13 PM »
DAWG, IT'S ALL POLITICS. MAJOR V.S INDEPENDENT. IT'S LIKE ASKING WHY IS "THE SOURCE MAGAZINE" SO POPULAR WHEN "XPLOSIVE MAGAZINE" IS MUCH BETTER WITH WAY BETTER ARTICLES AND KEEPS IT MORE WEST COAST. ANSWER: DISTRIBUTION & PROMOTION. THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, MONEY. SOMEONE LIKE C-BO, HE HAS MONEY, HE'S A MILLIONAIRE JUST LIKE THE GAME OR WARREN G. BUT WHO PUTS MONEY BEHIND HIM? HIMSELF. AND OFCOURSE A MINI DISTRIBUTION COMPANY WHICH GETS HIS SHIT IN STORES FOR A COO LIL PERCENTAGE OF THE PROFIT. THE GAME? INTERSCOPE, ARGUABLY HAS THE BIGGEST & RICHEST URBAN DIVISION OUT OF ALL MAJORS. WARREN G? TVT, HUGE DISTRIBUTION. ALL THESE MAJORS HAVE CONNECTS WITH B.E.T, MTV, MAGAZINES ETC. ITS THE BIG LEAGUES. NOW LET'S SAY THIS FORUM HAS 10,000 MEMBERS, C-BO SOLD 100,000 ON HIS LAST RECORD. WARREN G? 500,000. THEREFORE IT'S LOGIC FOR WARREN G TO HAVE 5 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF FANS OUT OF WCC MEMBERS. BUT I KNO THAT U KNO ALL THIS, BUT U GOTTA REALIZE, MOST PEOPLE HERE ON THE NET DON'T LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE THEY ARE EXPOSED TO UNDERGROUND ARTISTS LIKE THAT. LIKE ME FOR EXAMPLE, I LIVE IN THE CENTER OF THE BAY AREA, IM IN THE HOODS THAT THESE RAPPERS TALK ABOUT ALL THE TIME. SO OFCOURSE, THEY'RE GODS HERE. BUT IN OTHER PARTS, THEY'RE NOTHING BECAUSE THEIR PROMOTION DOESN'T STRETCH THAT LONG. INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING TO THE FANS, U GOTTA COMPLAIN AGAINST THESE MAJORS, THEY NEGLECT US. WE HAVE SO MUCH TALENT OUT HERE, IF ANYONE ACTUALLY EXPLORED THE DEPTHS OF THE WEST COAST, THEY'LL SEE. WE GOT MUTHAFUCAZ OUT HERE THROWING SHOWS EVERY OTHER DAY WITH 5,000 DIE HARD FANS ATTENDING AND GOIN KRAYZIE FOR EM LIKE THERES NO 2MORROW. NOT TO MENTION THE 10,000 MUTHAFUCAZ OUTSIDE PARKING LOT PIMPIN AND DOIN SIDE SHOWS CUZZ THEY COULDNT GET IN. BUT THEN U GO 500 MILES DOWN, AND NO ONE'S EVER HEARD OF THESE ARTISTS. WE NEED MORE MAJORS TO COME SCOUT AT THE ENERGY WE HAVE OUT HERE, ESPECIALLY IN NORTH CALI, IT'S KRAYZIE. THEY READY 2 BLOW. AND I AIN'T EVEN TALKIN BOUT C-BO AND ALL THESE OLD ASS CATS, IM TALKING ABOUT THE NEW CATS POPPIN UP, ALL HAVE MAJOR POTENTIAL. JUSS NEED TO GET A LIL ATTENTION.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!