Author Topic: Am I The Only One Who Thinks the 213 Album is Damn Good?  (Read 339 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Am I The Only One Who Thinks the 213 Album is Damn Good?
« on: August 23, 2004, 06:30:56 PM »
Now don't get me wrong, I would have preferred an album produced by Warren G and Dr. Dre with old school G Funk and a hungry Snoop on the mic rapping about Long Beach, six fo's, gang banging, etc. Unfortunately, those days are long gone. But that isn't going to change my opinion that Three The Hard Way is still damn good. The album is filled with great laid back songs that I can play from beginning to end without skipping any tracks, and almost has an 80's funk sound to it. Plus, I have always wanted a whole album of Nate Dogg choruses mixed with verses coming from rappers. I can definitely see myself bumping this album years from now. I think some of the hate you guys are giving it is not fair.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
Re: Am I The Only One Who Thinks the 213 Album is Damn Good?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 06:37:42 PM »
it grew on me. it's a pretty consistent album and flows from one song to the next.

everybody came off good except for snoop...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 07:06:10 PM »
Yeah I am playin it for my homeboys from LA right now, and they are feelin it too.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 07:09:16 PM »
Yea...would've been much better if Warren were producing, and it was realesed much earlier. But still for today's standards its a pretty good album..

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 09:12:05 PM »
It's alright.  I'm not into much rap anymore, so I listened to the album once and put it away.  I think Warren G production would have made me appreciate it more, but I'm not sure it would have helped it commercially.  It's just rare anymore that you hear a beat on a song where you want to listen to it over and over again just because you like the beat.  I think the last beat I heard like that was that hard-ass David Banner track, that beat is incredible.  Anyways, if Warren had produced it, I'd probably be more into the album because I love listening to his g-funk beats.  Ultimately, westcoast rap is about beats more than it is about lyrics, so that would have helped the album in my opinion.

Nate sounds good on most of it, and Snoop and Warren don't come wack, it's just i'm not into it much anymore... I guess I grew out of most of it. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 10:30:48 PM »
It's still below average, and I've listened to it a million times.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 12:57:39 AM »
Man Im sick of seeing these 213 threads,& this topic has been done like 100 times,no offence CWalker187,but like I said this shit has been done 100 times,every 2nd thread is about 213,fuck 213,Im sick of em.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 01:55:58 AM »
I think the last beat I heard like that was that hard-ass David Banner track, that beat is incredible. 

Which one is that?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 08:07:28 AM »
^fuck a below average album,although I do agree that Absolutely is the shit & should've been the first single.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 08:26:04 AM »
the album is good.
i got my copy on monday. go pick it up

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 09:20:47 AM »
Now don't get me wrong, I would have preferred an album produced by Warren G and Dr. Dre with old school G Funk and a hungry Snoop on the mic rapping about Long Beach, six fo's, gang banging, etc. Unfortunately, those days are long gone. But that isn't going to change my opinion that Three The Hard Way is still damn good. The album is filled with great laid back songs that I can play from beginning to end without skipping any tracks, and almost has an 80's funk sound to it. Plus, I have always wanted a whole album of Nate Dogg choruses mixed with verses coming from rappers. I can definitely see myself bumping this album years from now. I think some of the hate you guys are giving it is not fair.

agree 100%. if ya compare this to 2days hiphopstandard this album is damn good!!

Okka

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 10:24:27 AM »
Yea...would've been much better if Warren were producing, and it was realesed much earlier. But still for today's standards its a pretty good album..

This shit is true, and there could've been production by Dr.Dre, Daz, Quik and DJ Pooh...

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

This shit is true, and there could've been production by Dr.Dre, Daz, Quik and DJ Pooh...

pooh produced

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 12:37:50 PM »
I think the last beat I heard like that was that hard-ass David Banner track, that beat is incredible. 
Which one is that?
prob like a pimp....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 07:21:42 PM »
i just listened to it, i like the produiction... its smooth... i like the cd, cause u just pop it in, and chill, too bad i quit smokin weed...