Author Topic: suge tured down crooks offer of a $1 per album sale  (Read 273 times)

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
suge tured down crooks offer of a $1 per album sale
« on: August 26, 2004, 12:06:14 PM »
maybe suge dont think hes gunna sell much??

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: suge tured down crooks offer of a $1 per album sale
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »
Source?

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 12:18:53 PM »
spi spiderloc.com

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 12:20:03 PM »
Seems strange to me, but then again, I don't really know about DR's Business dealings. On the surface, it just seems like they don't really have a source of income, but who knows.

I just don't see where they are getting money from? Are the royalty checks from their past works and the sales from dysfunktional/tupac enough to keep them running? It just seems if Suge was really fronting all this money from his pocket, he'd be getting kinda tired of it by now.

/hopes to see a crooked I album in 2005

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 12:24:54 PM »
i think the back catalog keep suge tickin over...

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 12:29:18 PM »
How long you guys be waiting a for a crooked i album me like 5 years since Gangsta rapfea dpg was out he alot noises with 3 single like still tha row and so dam hood they are pretty nice still tha row made alot noises man the was banging I'd like his new song too They don't give a fuck about us the shit is kool too

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 04:34:30 PM »
Seems strange to me, but then again, I don't really know about DR's Business dealings. On the surface, it just seems like they don't really have a source of income, but who knows.

I just don't see where they are getting money from? Are the royalty checks from their past works and the sales from dysfunktional/tupac enough to keep them running? It just seems if Suge was really fronting all this money from his pocket, he'd be getting kinda tired of it by now.

/hopes to see a crooked I album in 2005

Don't underestimate the money Suge's getting off of Tupac's catalogue.  Brian Wilson, for instance, makes a FORTUNE off of the royalties from all of the Beach Boys songs he wrote, we're talking like 15 million dollars a year, in his pocket.  Tupac's stuff alone probably brings in at least 8 or 9 million a year in royalties, you could run the Row off of about 400 grand, hell, they don't do anything, lol. 

Remember: Everytime a Tupac song gets played, anywhere, Suge gets money.  Each Song, Each Radio Station, Each City, Each State, Each Country, all around the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  TONS of money... and that's just Tupac's part.  Add Dre, Snoop, Dogg Pound, and you've got an empire. 

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 06:00:22 PM »
Does the record company really get payed off of radio?  I thought it was just for promo.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 01:37:21 AM »
they do.. but not to the kind of level trauma's talking about

Megaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 01:39:50 AM »
damn is that true?`how do they keep track of what and when they play some death row song on the radio and how muhc does he get for one song played?