Author Topic: Why White Amerikkka Won't Let You Know About....  (Read 706 times)

Myrealname

Why White Amerikkka Won't Let You Know About....
« on: September 30, 2002, 09:45:40 PM »
Tight ARTICLE from ahh

"It was one thing to be in the Nation of Islam in the early 90's, many found the Nation's practices strange, unique even, yet still effective. For remember it was a Black thing, you wouldn't understand. And frankly, Blacks did not care if White supremacist understood. In fact our music spoke quite adamently of Black power, black consciousness and Black truth.

So what happened? Reagan's materialism was the way to go, and Hip-Hop lost it's nerve to connect back to the Creator, the first artist. In fact the artists seemed to believe that pleasing everybody but SELF, was the best marketing technique. Forgetting that it was their unique message that grabbed the masses attention.

Ice Cube went from the urban gritty Death Certificate to the "Players Club", Jay Z went from Reasonable Doubt to "It's a Hard Knock Life", Public Enemy went underground, and Krs One's preachy message began to fall on deaf ears.

Many won't talk about this, but I will. Every song now that comes out reeks of self degradation, and a materialistic value system. Hoarding fashion labels, comparing artist on looks, and glamour, childhood beefs, and out right sexist lyrics have taken precedence. Hip-Hop has followed politics alright. The Reagan administration created the me syndrome, and our lyrics reflected that.

So you can imagine how relieved I was when a seasoned vet in the Hip-Hop game still existed, untainted. I found him, under the ruble, debris and chaos, he was still standing. After listening to a radio station play "Back That Thing Up" over and over again, I had it. I said, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I went to the record store to search for an artist
that was in the Nation of Islam like myself, Kam or Ice Cube. I remembered Ice Cube did a media transformation, so he was out. I prayed that Kam did not sell out too.

Much to my surprise, Kam's Kamnesia was on the shelf. I won't pretend this CD was 5 stars, but it was 4 stars, and that is good enough for me. I loved the songs "Bang Bang," "War Dance" and "Active," and I played these songs over and over again. Many would ask me, "Who was that?" and after the 4th person asking me who was that, I decided I had to help market this Brother's CD. He is known in California, but not through out the Nation like he should have been. I wondered why didn't it reach Georgia, and why didn't the radio play it? I mean good beats, strong vocals. I didn't know that politics skewed truth. I didn't know that music was the next art that would be controlled by White
Supremacist. I mean I was just on the fringes of the music industry then, unaware of the games being played. I simply wanted to be an entertainment lawyer. I did not know I would meet Kam, neither did I know that I would see Hip-Hop resurrected.

I thought they killed street politicking, when they killed Tupac. I did not realize that Kam was just as gritty as Tupac in his style, in his delivery. I expected to talk to a soft tone, quiet man, not cursing, giving me quotes from the Minister (Minister Farrakhan), and telling me how I needed to go to the mosque every day. I did not expect to
find a man that spoke the streets, lived the streets, and gave the streets more recognition than himself. I mean I was expecting a script, a screen play. Artists now a days are far removed from their lyrics. Only few talk what they lived as Pac did.

But I found that Kam's language was not cleaned up for me, his message was the same and his fierceness was just the same. The streets, politics, and controversy is what surrounded Kam. The only difference between him and Pac is that Kam isn't currently at a cross road between choices. He is a gangster that decided to bang on oppression. He has street respect that can influence gangsters through out the Nation to do the same. California recognizes him, yet New York, Chicago, DC, and the likes barely knows he exist. There is a reason. Indeed there is a reason.

Hip Hop's longevity is largely determined by White America. And if it isn't marketable, an artist will not get the same air time as some one singing, "I think my butt gettin' big". No one can deny Kam's classic style is as "OG" (original) as a pair of Classic Nikes, or the first Coach Purse, or the Sun. He personifies the streets, and he is guerilla truth. I was hired on thanks to Kam's brother, Reuben Muhammad. Often times, being reminded by Kam's street talk, that he is definetly not a 10 second commericial, and this is not an act. He believes in saving his people, and fighting the government.

Kam's upcoming CD, The SELF is so controversial and challenging that many are denying it space for this artist's work. The CD has an urban flair and a grit that has not been out since Tupac, challenging us all to answer the hero within, by slaying that which oppresses true existence for this world. Everything starts with inner, and not only is Kam fighting the government on this CD, he is fighting the evilness within himself. This artist challenges America inside us, I think we need to challenge the same.

If you would like to Pre-Order Kam's CD: THE SELF, you can do so by ordering it for $5.00 and $2.00 for shipping and handling. Make it payable to Reuben Muhammad, Send the money order or check to:

Here After Records
Post Office Box 16254
Savannah, GA
31416 "
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Why White Amerikkka Won't Let You Know About..
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 11:10:59 AM »
{{{Uppin}}}

This shitt need's to be heard..
Thanx for the read homie

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

JAE

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 01:13:26 PM »
Great article. this just proves that some of the best voices never get heard. In the constant battle of 'whos better than eminem' ill always know that KAM is there. Cause record sales dont prove a thing and the only reason eminem gets his message accross the world is cause hes a big name. calling eminem the greatest is the easy way of choosing. Im not saying KAM is but hes up there on the 'rappers better than eminem list'. the self is going to be amazing.

BL7

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 01:19:56 PM »
"The Self" might be tha best album this year(if it gets released). I heard he went into tha studio with Quik, so that should be hot. KAM is one of tha best west coast rappers, this album will truly be something amazing.

Peace

dexter

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:34 AM »
"The Self" might be tha best album this year(if it gets released). I heard he went into tha studio with Quik, so that should be hot. KAM is one of tha best west coast rappers, this album will truly be something amazing.

Peace
not all true

JohnnyL

Re: Why White Amerikkka Won't Let You Know About....
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »
 Good read.  And I agree with some of the points this article makes.  But I do have to take issue with the idea that the downward spiral of Hip Hop music is soley attributed to the influence of white america.  As a white person, I'll assume part of the blame for it.  But I would have to say that most of the blame can be more attributed to corporate america rather than white america.  Hip Hop has become a business as much as it used to be an art form.  I believe that is why many rap artists now try to make music specifically for the radio.  They know that catering to a mass audience increases their chances of selling more records.  I have to single out the females  here too.  Female listeners are a large demographic of hip hop listeners.  And I think because they keep purchasing these kind of records, they are reinforcing the mentality that this is the kind of hip hop music people want.  I've been listening to hip hop since about 1991.  And even as a white person, I've always appreciated rap music that had a message over the kind of bland, materialistic style we seem to be getting now.  And while I don't believe that only rappers with a tie to Islam can still give us good music, I would take listening to an MC Ren or Kam album anytime, over 90% of what's currently in rotation on the radio.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 01:47:14 PM »
yeah... Kam is still doin it...
He's also in a new group of OG rappers..... Kam, TrayDee and someone else who I can't remember.....

Kam is real cool, cause you can actually talk to him on myspace.....
Much love, but don't trip, we bring it back.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »
Yo Anyone know who wrote this article?? or have a link to who wrote this article?
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »
Just FYI This is NOT Kam's Label... please don't send them anything. We are looking for these people:

Here After Records
Post Office Box 16254
Savannah, GA
31416 "
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »
Just FYI This is NOT Kam's Label... please don't send them anything. We are looking for these people:

Here After Records
Post Office Box 16254
Savannah, GA
31416 "

damn

80s baby

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 05:07:48 PM »
interesting article but when he ask for the money..that shit was funny as fuck

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »
Yo Anyone know who wrote this article?? or have a link to who wrote this article?

U know this shit is six years old rite?

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »
Good read.  And I agree with some of the points this article makes.  But I do have to take issue with the idea that the downward spiral of Hip Hop music is soley attributed to the influence of white america.  As a white person, I'll assume part of the blame for it.  But I would have to say that most of the blame can be more attributed to corporate america rather than white america.  Hip Hop has become a business as much as it used to be an art form.  I believe that is why many rap artists now try to make music specifically for the radio.  They know that catering to a mass audience increases their chances of selling more records.  I have to single out the females  here too.  Female listeners are a large demographic of hip hop listeners.  And I think because they keep purchasing these kind of records, they are reinforcing the mentality that this is the kind of hip hop music people want.  I've been listening to hip hop since about 1991.  And even as a white person, I've always appreciated rap music that had a message over the kind of bland, materialistic style we seem to be getting now.  And while I don't believe that only rappers with a tie to Islam can still give us good music, I would take listening to an MC Ren or Kam album anytime, over 90% of what's currently in rotation on the radio.
lol nigga where the fuck you live?? corporate america is a bunch of crackers........ CORPORATE AMERICA IS WHITE! aint know denying that

doja

• 'G'
  • atomic dog
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »
^^^^^^^  that sig is comedy

D Breezy

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 10:35:17 PM »
lol nigga where the fuck you live?? corporate america is a bunch of crackers........ CORPORATE AMERICA IS WHITE! aint know denying that

if u think corporate america dont involve black people ur trippin. and yea everyone talks shit about white people ruining hip hop, who the fuk u think bought 2 million copies of nwa?? if for damn sure wasnt black people... this white people and corporate amerikkka bullshit is to blame for everything is played the fuk out, check ur self before u point fingers.
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more