Author Topic: Spider Loc Interview  (Read 378 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Spider Loc Interview
« on: September 10, 2004, 02:27:38 AM »
When did you start rapping and why did you start rapping?

I actually started rapping in like 5th grade, I had an assignment to write a story with all my spelling words and where you supposed to read the story in front of the class, something inspired me to write mine in a rap, I came back to school the next day, said this shit, when I was rapping, the class start clapping on beat, from ever since then, I been rhyming rapping. I love the poetry.

Who were some of your influences while you were growing up?

To keep it real, the number one most influential one I can remember the most, I couldn’t take too much, too many people, but the nigga Ice Cube like at a young age, that’s where I got most of my drive to keep it cracking.

How did you hook up with Death Row?

I hooked up with Death Row cause, one of my homies from my hood was pretty close with this cat, who had this little label in LA, the nigga who had the label, he had a meeting, with Suge, trying to get Eastwood signed and get a little label deal over there, and my homeboy had to accompany him to the meeting, and during the course of the conversation, Suge would describe the type of nigga he wanted to fuck with, and my big homie interjected in a conversation “Well you need to meet my nigga” so uh, subsequently I got a call from my homie saying Suge wanted to meet me, so I pushed up to Beverly Hills where they was at, that’s my homie Bigg A, wassup Bigg A.

Were you ever signed to Death Row?

Nah, I never signed to nobody on my life, that’s up until this day, no management, no profession, no record deal, no none of that.

Looking back at it, are you happy you never signed with them?

Man, I’m so grateful, so thankful, Suge is my nigga, but as far as business and life is concern, I think it’s a blessing that I never signed.

Yea man, cause everybody on that label don’t get an album out, it’s so weird.

Yea, some things over there need to be worked out man, you know, I wish him all the best but uh, shhhiew.

What do you think about the situation right now at Tha Row? I think they said they signed, or are going to sign Petey Pablo, and they are saying they gonna sign a major act but Kurupt’s album been pushed back a few months, was supposed to come out yesterday, it never came out.

You know, on Suge’s behalf, I really believe his hand is tied in a situation, I don’t think nobody wanna stand around this long and not release no records. The Kurupt situation, all I know, I think he got some contracts with distribution with the label he was on beforehand, and that’s stopping that I believe. I holla’d at Suge a couple of days ago, and he spoke on the little Petey Pablo situation, they definitely feel they got some things to work out so uh, who knows what time that’s gon take.

We heard about the things between you and Bad Azz, would you still beat him down if you saw him?

Nah, it’s like, it ain’t really on site wit Bad Azz, I already touched on Bad Azz, the issue with Bad Azz is pretty much under the rug and let dude start bringing it, which I doubt, to be honest with you, Bad Azz and the niggas he fuck with are no where near my caliber in this whole type of shit so, it’s really a waste of my time to involve myself with these little niggas, you know if he in front of me and want some problem he can get dealt with.

Is it true that you signed to G Unit Records?

I’m in like heavy negotiations with them at the moment, I’m looking forward to be final within the next week or two.

So it might happen right?

Yea, it’s pretty much gonna happen unless you know, it’ll take an evil miracle for it not to happen at this point.

So how did you hook up with G Unit? How did you get in touch with them, with 50 Cent and them?

I was actually in Atlanta, taking care of some other business, I had the opportunity to hook up with Young Buck while I was in Atlanta, you know I was like, I knew Young Buck from back in the day when I was fucking with Death Row, cause he was over there for a period of time. We never really clicked too much while we was over there, it was real casual or in action, you know what I’m saying, it was a whole other group of niggas coming into the environment I was already saturated in, so we would make friends with them niggas, Skip my nigga, we kind of picked a little bit. I was in Atlanta with Buck, for about a week or two, he had the Summer Jam in California planned, we left Atlanta, came to Summer Jam together, he introduced me to 50, and shit been rolling ever since.

Oh aaight, he gave you a shout out on BET the other day.

Yea, so I’d like to give him out one too right now, Young Buck what it do my nigga, eastside.

Daz, on his website, he was saying, “Fuck G Unit if Spider signs with them”, you got any comments on that?

Man, Daz is a non-factor my nigga, you know what I’m saying, that’s all you ever gonna hear from Daz, is some talking, he a nigga that tried to kill himself you feel me? All I really want out of Daz, is basically, it’s not really over no rap shit, this nigga call himself crip, whatever whatever, I’m a member of that fraternity, we just got ways we get down, with this much like, static between us, it could be all good and done, if we just take a fade and get it over with, you know, there’s plenty of my homies I done got down with, we get loaded after, it ain’t no love lost. So I just wanna make one appearance and tell Daz, can we get that fade, can we squab Daz? Please, I just wanna fight and get it over with.

On his website, he also said Suge slapped The Game, and also, Game and Daz, they have been like dissing each other on their websites, not really dissing each other, but like you know, it ain’t really like love or whatever you know what I’m saying.

Man, Game wasn’t even really concerned with Daz’ existence at all ‘til he jump on a web site and make some type of statement about Suge and slobs, they both red rags and, I don’t know why he put himself in the middle of that, I guarantee you, Game would care less if Daz even existed man, he don’t even affect the level that The Game is at this point. And I spoken to Suge and Game, days prior to the rumor being started, days after neither one of them, had told me nothing about those rumors, so I don’t believe that shit at all.

So there is no truth to that rumor at all.

I don’t believe so whatsoever man, I spoke to Suge like, the day after the VMA’s we was at Death Row Office together, and we chop it up for like 3 hours. Game then came up, we spoke on a little on the situation.

A Question that a lot of people have been asking is, since you signed wit G Unit, is there still DPG Unit?

Hell Naw! Like I said, let’s ask when I catch that fade, you know what I’m saying, 50 got shit going on that was already in place, he’s gon respect my call on what’s happening on the west, but if he see some big money right there, that’s what he wanna do, all I ask is that Daz catch that fade and we can be, you know, do whatever the homie 50 wanna do.

So are you still cool with the people from Death Row, Eastwood and Kurupt and them?

Yea, it’s like, I know them, nothing happened between us, we not feeling any different about them, them was my niggas.

No beef?

Uh? No beef?

Yea.

Naw ain’t no beef, what my rap niggas like? You know what I’m saying, I beef with like gang bangers and shit, I don’t beef with rappers, that’s why there can’t be no beef wit me and Bad Azz, that’s the only reason I even got an issue with Daz, cause he supposed to be a gang banger so, we go by a certain code, it’s only way we can slip shit under the rug, the only one way to get this squashed, you gotta bow down and let me know you don’t wanna fight, you know what I’m saying.

I guess I don’t have to ask the next questions I was gonna ask you, I was gonna ask you if you have any beefs right now in the rap game…

Nah, don’t nobody in the rap game pose me no threat you feel me?

So you just released your independent album through your website, spiderloc.com, so can you tell us a little bit about that? Who handled the production?

There’s various producers on there, Sir Jinx, Marc Sparks, uh, I got a dude, up and coming artist from the city, fuck with my homeboy Green, he named Phenom, he on there, I got a part 2 to “The Brainless”, I don’t know if I’ma title it part 2 or not, I got a little, type of, little effort on my release, early next month, just collections of my songs I was recording on my way to this point in the game, you know what I’m saying, a lot of them I don’t have the masters to, so I just put them out there, like the mixtape circuit, I’m also gon have both of them in stores, in the end of the year as well.

Are you planning on releasing any other independent albums now that you are going to sign with G Unit?

Well you know, um, most definitely, gonna be involved in this underground scene, I can’t leave it alone, the specifics are high on how I’m gonna execute that, I’m not sure, but yea, independent, I can’t leave the independent alone.

You record anything with G Unit yet?

Yea, I did a couple of, I got a couple of mixtape songs.

Oh, that’s tight, so any idea on when we might see your album on G Unit Records?

Uh, I’m not gon give no false understanding about no date or nothing man, ya’ll just gon have to stay posted and keep fucking with me man, I’ll let ya’ll know.

Who do you want to work with on your album, when you do get signed?

Man with all the irony of surrounding this answer, the only person I got a deep desire to work with, besides the homies in the click, is Nate Dogg man, I wanna do one of those smashes with Nate Dogg.

Yea man it’s almost guaranteed to be a hit if Nate Dogg is on the song.

Man, that’s how I feel, and then it’s not just a hit, for it’s a hit, he really come with the type of shit you wanna hear, you don’t have to compromise to make it a hit, you know what I’m saying, he can come with that soul, it could be better, and still be a hit, yea I wouldn’t mind fucking with Nate Dogg.

He been doing it, it’s been like, over ten years…

Over ten years, he ain’t fell off, ain’t nobody like him, and it’s kind of like two Nate Doggs around, in the game, east, west, south, respect Nate Dogg for what he bringing to the table, and I respect him for that you know what I’m saying.

Aaight, what you planning to do for 2005?

Man, 2005, planned to stay as busy as I can, I’ma be like Pac Man, eat up everything in my way, at the end of the year, see what I can shoot out, hope I shot a big ass turd of money man.

Word Association:

Crooked I

Spit fire

2Pac

Legend

Jay-Z

So much class

Petey Pablo

Suge homeboy

Suge Knight

My nigga

The Game

One hell of a dude

The Neptunes

Superstars

Joe Budden

Dude that don’t like Game and that Game don’t like

Nah they squashed the beef

Yea, but, the dude that got into it with Game

Snoop Dogg

Long Beach

Spider, the last word is for yourself, Spider

Great

Aaight man, thanks a lot for doing this interview with us man.

Fo sho dawg.

www.worldwideconnected.com

Don Seer

Re: Spider Loc Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 02:40:59 AM »
prop ;)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 04:21:47 AM »
Nice interview...thanks for posting it.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 05:16:21 AM »
kurupts old deal stoppin atg from comin out???

tnp

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 06:17:31 AM »
thanks for posting that, interesting.

btw, how's spider's album? is it worth purchasing?

thanks

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 06:37:44 AM »
kurupts old deal stoppin atg from comin out???

i remember when he first 'defected' that antra were claiming he was still signed to them.. and daz was laughing about that

oh and also.. in the latest XXL he says he originally joined tha row to be behind the scenes as the VP

BUT since there is demand for his album now he's over there, thats why they made it

52_bars

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 07:04:58 AM »
ok interview but who the fuck is SPIDER LOC????? LOL

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 07:34:09 AM »
lol please fight me daz.....

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 07:57:23 AM »
btw, how's spider's album? is it worth purchasing?

The album is pretty decent.  It's got some songs that bump hard.  I wouldn't pay for it, though.

lil layzie

• 'G'
  • lil layzie
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 09:56:10 AM »
Thank you cuzz!

dexter

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 10:33:12 AM »
What is a Spider Loc???? lol

Don Seer