Author Topic: Anybody run?  (Read 336 times)

bez

Anybody run?
« on: September 10, 2004, 04:40:21 PM »
I have started doing a bit of running here and there just to try and keep fit, anybody else run?

I ran a few miles before I went on holiday and since I got back I have started running each day, not very far but far enough for my legs to hurt and for me to feel tired.  I am actually starting to enjoy running though, gives me something to do and it actually appeals to me.

mauzip

Re: Anybody run?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 04:43:10 PM »
I used to do it and I think I became pretty good at it, but I didn't have time for it anymore + I thought it was becaming boring.

They (former P.E. teachers) actually say I have the perfect body for a marathon athlete :laugh: (I'm skinny and I have long legs)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 04:43:41 PM »
yea man i go for a run everyday,usually in tha night cause i got school on weekdayz n i sleep in on tha weekend ,gotta stay fit   :)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 04:48:53 PM »
HELL NO I don't run! I take care of my body, yall are foolish.

You can only go so much, man.  Eventually, your heart and your legs and your back wear out.  That's why I would never beat the hell out of them by using them for intensive things like running or weight lifting or whatever.  You're better off sitting in a chair saving yourself, because you can take maybe, 20,000,000 steps in your life, and then you're dead.  I'm not gonna waste mine. 

bez

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 04:56:55 PM »
Have you actually done any research into that statement?

Surly using your legs, back, and everything else means that you stay fit and healthy and therefore live longer.

Montana00

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 04:59:11 PM »
In some way trauma is right. A person who runs alot, tend to develop problems in their knees and ankles later in life.

As for me i run sometimes, but i mostly ride my bike. It develops my calves, and gives me excercise just like running would.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 05:00:36 PM »
I'm telling you, you'll wear your ass out!  How many times you think you can bend your elbow before that shit breaks? It ain't much, i'm telling you!  Conservation is the key.  That's why T.V. is good for you, you dont' have to move. 

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 05:02:06 PM »
dude, what bez does is healthy. you don't tell me you don't know that :-\ topsport isn't healthy, i think you're confused with that or something.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 05:12:10 PM »
i run sometimes

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »
The last time I ran anywhere was when I accidentally hit "3.0.0.0" on the microwave instead of "3.0.0" and started smelling burnt popcorn a few minutes later. 

bez

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 05:47:11 PM »
Did u get some more popcorn and make it back for the film?

pappy

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 05:50:46 PM »
i used to run 3 miles every night.  But i have bad knees from years of baseball.  So i only do 1 1/2 to 2 miles 3-4 times a week.

pappy

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 05:52:16 PM »
i used to run 3 miles every night.  But i have bad knees from years of baseball.  So i only do 1 1/2 to 2 miles 3-4 times a week.

jus to add on i love running.  it became theraputic (spelling off i kno) for me.  I would go late at nigh an to me it became an escape to me.  it was my quiet time to myself just to think an not have to deal with anyone.  i feel like running now lol.

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 06:02:28 PM »
See man, you're in your early 20's, and your knees are already ruined.  Never to be better again.  My knees are still perfect because I didn't wear them out yet.  I imagine I can get at least 70 years out of my knees in the shape they're in now, then they'll probably start to hurt a little bit, but hell, you'll be dead by like 40 the rate you're going. 

Montana00

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 06:48:23 PM »
Ride a bicycle instead of running.

It doesnt fuck up your knees like running does.