Author Topic: How Come...  (Read 1166 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: How Come...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2004, 02:18:30 AM »

The point is your loosing the plot

Any translators on this board?

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2004, 02:36:51 AM »

Any translators on this board?

basically your goin crazy  ;D

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2004, 07:25:13 AM »
I like soccer, usually the only time I watch it though is when the euro and world cup are on.. lol, ever 2 years..   

I personally like football the best though

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2004, 08:16:56 AM »
wow.. this argument is never ending.. btw its funny how america love football but doesnt love football, yet the rest of the world loves football yet doesnt love football... :)

Montana00

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2004, 08:34:48 AM »
Because soccer is boring. Your not allowed to make lots of contact (if any?). Yes, i have watched it before.

Back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth.....10 minutes later GOAL!
Back and forth back and forth back and forth back and forth.....10 minutes later GOAL!

If i want to bore myself, ill slit my wrists.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2004, 08:41:39 AM »
funny thing.. i just read an essay about what i posted... basicly.. amercians like something complex, but not too complex.. casue soccer is too simple.. and americans love violence

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2004, 09:18:52 AM »
It's because were brought up on other sports. I'm willing to bet it has a lot to do with the Revolutionary War. What I mean is it was probably a conscious effort to find sports that Britain does not play and make them a part of tradition. So USA made Football and Baseball, well somebody made then and USA adopted them. Britain has Crickett and Soccer and USA has Baseball and Football. Then USA kids were brought up with these sports being the most important. Another reason why Soccer became so poular world wide is because all the poor countries could pick it up with out spending much money. The average kid in the 60s Brazil couldn't afford to play baseball or american footballl, but a couple sea shells for a net (or tie a fish net between two trees) and a cabbage roll for a ball and you got Soccer.

Montana00

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 10:01:34 AM »
 ::)

Yeah thats it. I started watching basketball instead of soccer, because of the revolutionary war.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 10:18:47 AM »
^LMAO!!

Jome

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2004, 10:22:15 AM »
HISTORY OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL

Football historians, those who have studied the game and its origins, place the games beginnings in rugby, an English game played with many similarities to football. Rugby began in eighteen twenty-three at the famous Rugby Boys School in England.
(...)
Walter Camp, the coach at Yale and a dissenter from the IFA over his desire for an eleven man team, helped begin the final step in the evolution from rugby-style play to the modern game of American football. The IFAs rules committee, led by Camp, soon cut the number of players from fifteen to eleven, and also instituted the size of the playing field, at one hundred ten yards.(...)

So, pretty much, both Football, Rugby, and American Football originally comes from England.
Football was a sport before "American Football", so Football is one sport, and American Football another.

pappy

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2004, 10:28:25 AM »

Yeah thats it. I started watching basketball instead of soccer, because of the revolutionary war.

wow that post went right over your head.

Montana00

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2004, 10:44:32 AM »
lol i didnt even readit. I started until i read war, so i stopped.  ;D

eS El Duque

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2004, 12:54:42 PM »
How Come nobody in North America gives a flying fuck about soccer, but it's huge everywhere else in the world?

Personally, I like playing soccer, but It's so fuckin boring to watch.

In Canada, this is changing. (my province anywayz)

Let me explain, soccer is getting HUGE over here in Canada (ages 5 to 18). I know mroe people playing soccer than I do hockey.

I know people who play hockey during the winter, then soccer and baseball during the spring/summer seasons.

Soccer in BC, Canada is greater than baseball right now (ages 5 to 18 agian).

Professionally, in Canada it goes Hockey, CFL Football, baseball, basketball, then lacross....no one cares about soccer (A division...OOOH WOW, THEY SUCK)

In America, you have Baseball, Football, basketball, hockey, MLS then lacross

SOCCER (FUTBOL), is growing in North America, its just a matter of time

BTW, Arn't the Canadian (U-20, Senior getting there)) and American (U-20, Senior) women soccer teams like the top teams in the World right now  ;D??

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2004, 02:42:54 PM »
Baseball was actually a Native American game, that became what it is now over the years, and basketball was invented here also at YMCAs. So I can see their popularity here because they are our sports, and Baseball is more popular in some Latin American countries than futbol... lol. These sports started out in the Americas, so it's easy to see baseball as more popular than soccer. As for American football, the sport started out as a college game in Ivy League schools, and it was thought to build charactor, and the game was more of an elitist game. In the 20's, the game finally hit mainstream, and the NFL was founded, and United States high schools started picking up the sport. Since football is a weekly sport due to it's brutial nature, it makes each game more important. Like in baseball, if you lose a game, there is 160 other games to win, or in basketball, there are 82, but in football there was only 12 back in the day for NFL, and 11 for college and 10 for high school. So a lose was more harmful than a 10 game losing streak in baseball now. Now there are still only 16 games, so it's basically a 10 game losing streak, and when two very good teams play, they both play hard because it can make or break a season. The build up for games, and the media genious that the NFL has done to promote the game makes each game seem like a win at all cost game. In the NFl, there is a hard cap of pay, so each team is almost equal. And the bottomline, there is more scoring than in soccer, so how can it be more boring. I watch a few soccer games, like USA vs. Mexico, and I can say that other than nation pride, there really isn't much to soccer. US scored twice that game early, and the whole rest of the game, Mexico would threaten, and never score, the US would play keep away, and it was boring to watch.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2004, 10:39:47 PM »
Yeah your right There both called football
It's just your country who calls it Soccer

The rest of the world calls it football.

And your country spells the word "color" with a "u"...What the fuck is your point?

You're a fag and I hate you, but that doesnt change the fact that we enjoy our football with hits and interceptions and not colored cards

-KIDRENEGADE-