Author Topic: Metallica  (Read 121 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Metallica
« on: September 12, 2004, 03:38:16 AM »
Metallica is one of the few Heavy Metal bands that i really like. Espeically their older shit. THeir new stuff sounds too redneckish for me, but check out the songs in this list:

1. Enter Sandman - Their greatest hit ever. this is the quintessence of heavy metal, this is the shit that precipitated their downfall thou
2. Battery - This is some great thrash shit from thier "Master of Puppets" CD. A little too hardcore for some, but awesome
3. Damage, INC. - i'm not really feeling the song that much, until the guitar solo kicks in. Thats the fastest solo i've ever heard
4. From Whom The Bell Tolls - This shit is classic  right here. U MUST hear this if you're a fan of Metallica and still haven't.
5. King Nothing - Their attempt to diverge from their already deeply-set redneck style. GOod song, i have to admit
6. Mama Said - A great ballad from one of their worst albums, "Load"
7. Nothing Else Matters - One of my favorite songs of all time. A timeless classic, a ballad like no other.
8. One - the best song from their political album "...And justice for all"
9. Sad But True - A great Heavy ass Metal song from the Black album.
10. Sanitarium - The Best song from "Master of Puppets". As the title suggests, its' about a crazy guy.
11. The call of Ktulu - Great track. One of my favorite metallica songs, and metal songs in general. It's only instrumental though.
12. The Unforgiven - My second favorite metallica song after "NOthing Else Matters". incredible melodies here, great solo
13. The Unforgiven 2 - Not as good as the original, but it's still better than most of thier new shit.
14. Turn the Page - The best song from the Redneck phase
15. Until it Sleeps - A very mild song compared to their older thrash shit.
16. Fade to Black - The best song off the "Ride the lightning" CD. it's 7 minutes long, and it's fuckin amazing.
17. Wherever i may roam - Great Heavy song from the Black album. A little too heavy for many listeners though.
18. I Disappear - this was on the MIssion Impossible 2 soundtrack, so u mighta heard this. good song.

Alright, this concludes my favorite rock bands series, for now. post your opinions, additions.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Rain

Re: Metallica
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 04:00:49 PM »
yeah Metallica is one of my favourite bands - theyve had alot more staying power then most other bands and a great live band.

i love pretty much all the songs on your list - Master Of Puppets and Hero Of The Day are also great. As is their version of the 'Star Wars Imperial March.' Enter Sandman is overrated.
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 05:15:29 PM »
Fuel was the song that made me go like  :o

but I dont listen to them that much hardly anymore.. Enter Sandman is defenetly the best. I've always liked the unforgiven 2 also..  good band, im just not into them anymore, I listen to them once and a while on the rare occasion, but play their songs on guitar often

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 12:37:49 AM »
My favorite track right now is BLACKENED but it changes every week...
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 05:27:23 PM »
some tracks you left off....

-seek and destroy
-four horsemen
-hit the lights
-fight fire with fire
-ride the lightning
-fade to black
-creeping death
-master of puppets
-orion
-disposable heroes
-blackened
-and justice for all
-harvestor of sorrow
- to live is to die
-frayed ends of sanity
-holier than thou
-wherever i may roam
-of wolf and man
-ain't my bitch
-until it sleeps
-bleeding me
-fuel
-memory remains
-devil's dance

and "turn the page" was originally done by bob segar and the silver bullet band.....but metallica's is 10 times better ;D....as with most of their cover songs.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 12:37:52 PM »
I fuckin' love "To Live Is To Die", and "One" is one of the best tracks ever made...Metallica's a great band.