Author Topic: Pink Floyd  (Read 256 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Pink Floyd
« on: September 12, 2004, 03:11:25 AM »
Now this list is a little harder to make than the Beatles and QUeen lists i've made. Definitely my favorite band of all time. Pink FLoyd tracks are like a movie that completely takes you in, whatever song you choose, but especially the longer ones. Ok so i'm gonna list my favorites, but this list is more open to debate than others that i've made so far. Ok so check it out, my favorite pink floyd tracks:

1. Another Brick in the Wall - you've probably heard this shit. D-12's Revelation is based on this track. Awesome as hell shit
2. Mother - A great track, but you really need the whole "Wall" album to understand why this song is tight
3. Hey You - One of my all time favs. INCREDIBLE melodies, you've got to hear it to believe it. One of my all time favs.
4. Nobody Home - GOod track, really fits in with the context of the Album "the wall".
5. Comfortably Numb - This track is easy-listenin shit, but is pretty good. Not one of the best tracks though on the CD.
6. The Trial - This CD Is basically a soundtrack to an animated film, so this track tells a story that's a part of the firm.
7. A Pillow of Wings - Great track of the "Meddle" disc. Great guitars and interesting words
8. Eches - this track is made in sync with "2001: a space oddysey" movie. this is what i call a musical journey - 24 minutes long.
9. Signs of Life - Very different than the rest of the "Momentary lapse of reason" album. SOunds like an Alien landing to me
10. On the Turning Away - Very, very good song, but not as Pink Floydy as the rest of them.
11. Dogs - the best song off the "Animals" disc. Incredible, one of the best Floyd songs ever. Another epic track
12. Pigs (Three Different Ones) - The second best off the "animals" CD. Good shit
13. Time - One of the best tracks off the "Dark side of the moon", which is considered to be their best album by many.
14. Money - Probably one of the most famous songs by this band. I just felt i had to include it
15. Brain Damage - Off "dark side". My favorite track off this album.
16. Shine on You Crazy Diamond - This is the song that drew me to this band. Just another musical adventure. BEST ROCK SONG EVER
17. Wish you Were Here - Simply one of the most awesome songs of all time. Sounds like a very modern track, although it's 1979
18. Golden Hair (Syd Barett Solo) - This is a really haunting track sang by the former vocalist of pink floyd. lyrics from a James Joyce poem

Don't even think of trying to fit all these songs onto one CD. I doubt that even 2 discs would be enough. Anyway, Add your favorites if they're not already here. Peace!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Pink Floyd
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 01:15:52 AM »
Just surprised nobody had any responses ffor this topic. Pink floyd is my favorite band ever, and i think i'm the only person who voted for it on the polls. Really, check out their albums!!!

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 07:53:17 AM »
pink floyd sucks

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 09:11:01 AM »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 10:20:38 AM »
pink floyd is dope

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 01:21:35 PM »

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 05:06:03 PM »
Pink floyd is pretty sweet.

now just add a Doors and Black sabbath thread, and youve covered my "favorites oldie bands"

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 01:03:14 AM »
Pink floyd is pretty sweet.

now just add a Doors and Black sabbath thread, and youve covered my "favorites oldie bands"

I think i'll leave that up to you.. Not too big on Doors or Sabbath, although i have some of their stuff

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 02:41:57 AM »
Scarface is a Big Pink Floyd fan

Phat group  8)

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 09:18:57 PM »
who has ever listened to Dark side of the moon, while watching The Wizard of Oz with with the sound on mute, the album sounds like it was perfectly coordinated with the movie, it is some fucking crazy shit maaan...

eat percocets

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 09:20:39 PM »
^YEP... i dowloaded it with the music already mixed in... sounds phat.. its like ur watching, yet u dont hear them talk.. but its still dope..

Rick

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Kweli
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 01:48:33 PM »
Pink Floyd is my all-time favorite band. They're creative as hell and, in my opinion, almsot every single CD they've made have been classics. Wish You Were Here is their best CD.. you should've included Welcome To The Machine or Have A Cigar, both of those are incredible but no more than Shine On or the title track. I was looking at a compilation of theirs that I don't have and it had a crazy ass trackname; something like "Many Little Furry Species In A Dark Cave Grooving With A Pict." Oddly enough, I've never actually heard that song.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 11:58:27 AM »
David Gilmore is a very underrated guitarist, definately if i were to make an all star group i'd have him put some solos on there

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 12:20:49 PM »
Greatest band