Author Topic: (dubcnn) Dr Dre & Burt Bacharach update  (Read 473 times)

Don Seer

(dubcnn) Dr Dre & Burt Bacharach update
« on: September 17, 2004, 03:36:56 AM »
Dr Dre & Burt Bacharach update - September 17, 2004 By : Overseer
Ya'll may be screaming.. this is old news.. i know.. this is an update. The rumoured collabo between these two has moved along another step.

This story at blogcritics.org reports Burt has stated I had got together with Dre about a year and a half ago and talked about doing something for the album that we never did. Then he gave me the loops, and when I decided to do this album for Sony, it seemed a natural fit..

here's the full txst from the original article i pulled thje quote from...

According to MTV, Dre has supplied the beats for three tracks on Bacharach's next album. 76 year-old Bacharach said: "It's a challenging, freeing feeling to take an existing format - like these rigid, four-bar loops - and to see what you can write on top of it. It's hard and challenging too, because it does have some restrictions."
The project came about when Bacharach's UK label approached him about doing a "cutting-edge record." The songwriter said: "I had got together with Dre about a year and a half ago and talked about doing something for the album that we never did. Then he gave me the loops, and when I decided to do this album for Sony, it seemed a natural fit."

Bacharach, of course, has been writing songs for over 50 years ago for the likes of Dionne Warwick, Dusty Springfield, the Carpenters and Neil Diamond. He says the album, due out next year, is jazz and classical music influenced rather than being a hip-hop record.

( source. http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/09/16/082214.php )

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: (dubcnn) Dr Dre & Burt Bacharach update
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 03:50:42 AM »
sounds good.. i think dre will lace him nicely... wat about that song a lil wile ago.. dre produced... wats that called.. (it wasnt rap)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 06:09:02 AM »
I'm curious to hear the songs...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 08:40:35 AM »
Interesting.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 08:59:34 AM »
Id like to know what exactly Dre has gave him to use (e.g. just Drum loops or drums, keyboards & effects)

B-Blaze

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 09:55:06 AM »
sounds good.. i think dre will lace him nicely... wat about that song a lil wile ago.. dre produced... wats that called.. (it wasnt rap)

It was a rolling stones song that he remixed i forget the name of it though

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 09:59:08 AM »
I don't see this making any kind of significant affect on music. Burt is way to good to write over hip hop tracks. He even said the loops are challenging. This guy has written so many timeless classics I find it almost pathetic that he's doing this. I just don't see why a composer of Bacharach's talent would need to write over loops. If the case ends up being that Burt only writes the lyrics, then I'll get upset. This guy is so good at composing music, it just wouldn't make sense.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 10:01:36 AM »

It was called Miss You, and Dre's remix completely ruined the song.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 02:40:08 PM »
4 bar loops.  Dre's gotten famous off of them, but a musician of Bacharach's caliber (who is probably, oh, the greatest songwriter alive today) is so far above and beyond dre's simple understanding of music it's not even funny.  "I'll never fall in love again" is greater than Dre's entire catalog.  I'm sure it'll sound great, but you can bet your ass when Bacharach is sitting in the studio listening to these beats loop over and over again, he's feeling restricted, not feeling enlightened or inspired. 

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2004, 05:59:33 AM »
... "I'll never fall in love again" is greater than Dre's entire catalog...
lol, i love that toon.

"what do u get when u kiss a girl, u get enough germs to catch pneumonia, after u do shell never phone ya, i'lll never fall in love again"

^best verse ever, heh heh.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2004, 12:52:06 PM »
you guys got a link to it
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2004, 02:18:11 PM »
I'lllllll never fall in love agaiiiiin...

jtothai

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2004, 12:58:59 AM »
does anyone have the track that was posted way back? there was a track that was from the both of them already released on something? Anyone remember this?

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2004, 01:03:57 AM »

Very true. He fucked that shit up real good. You can't fuck with a song like that anyways, it was already perfect.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 02:27:26 AM »

Very true. He fucked that shit up real good. You can't fuck with a song like that anyways, it was already perfect.

You guys serious? I think the Dre remixed that song perfectly for a dance-song. I agree though, the remix isn't better than the original. But from classics like the Stones I don't know ANY remix better than the original. So after all I think Dre did a good job, though.

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.