Author Topic: yayo says spider loc isnt with g unit?  (Read 681 times)

eightmilerabbit

• Lil Geezy
yayo says spider loc isnt with g unit?
« on: September 25, 2004, 07:47:05 AM »
on g unit world boards they are saying that yayo said spider isnt part of g unit. which to be sounds strange because spider has actually stated on his forums hes with them. but with no official word or no word from 50, yayo, banks or buck.... do u believe spider? hes the only one thats sayin hes signed to g unit, we havent heard it from anyone in g unit.

maybe its suge knight tellin his artist to say hes with g unit, to get death row some exposure?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: yayo says spider loc isnt with g unit?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 08:09:42 AM »
well young buck was on BET and said "i wanna give a shoutout to my homeboy spider loc from the west coast"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 08:40:16 AM »
Maybe he meant he isnt in the rap group G-Unit?

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 10:57:01 AM »
He means yet....  Spider aint signed yet.  Spider said hes been negotiating and the contracts should be done in a couple weeks...but they must have offered him some SUPER FUCKED UP contract.  THink about it.  Spider can sell a maximum of 20,000 (MAX) units on the west coast by himself right now....  So if G UNIT was offerin him a deal, where he would most likely at least go platinum once, and he doesnt sign any contract right away, then its a fucked up contract....  Why wouldnt he jump on anything from them?

youngmessnucca

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 01:25:06 PM »
maybe spider loc is a LIAR?

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 06:37:20 AM »
i think hes on tour with buck and banks now....

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 06:42:03 AM »
i think it's fucked up that cats like spider loc and game need to sign on with g-unit just to get their name out.  shit is a general condemnation on the state of the west imho.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 07:27:06 AM »
did yayo mean he isnt signed to g-unit or he aint with g-unit member, fuckin confusing. so smart to name ur record label after ur group, makes shit complicated. i dont expect much from spider anyways.

eightmilerabbit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 08:40:07 AM »
i think he said he isnt signed to g unit records

i cant see spi going platium, and g unit wont sign anyone who wont go platinum, plus we havent heard bout him signing from anyone in g unit

somethin just sounds wrong to me

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 01:44:03 PM »
i think it's fucked up that cats like spider loc and game need to sign on with g-unit just to get their name out.  shit is a general condemnation on the state of the west imho.

I've been saying it since day 1 that the only way for the west to get any exposure at all is to do some tracks with Jay-Z, Nas, Diddy, LL, Kanye, ect. It's fucked up, but just to get their names out there. I mean, Dilated Peoples did that shit with Alchemist, then we didn't hear from them for like 3 years. Then all of a sudden, they do a track with Kanye and they are back on the charts. It's a monopoly on the industry, but sometimes artists just need to bite the bullet or shut the hell up. Pointing out the kink in the industry isn't gonna make it change. You need to have some clout, and unfortunately, the west doesn't have a whole lot, which sucks ass.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 03:36:31 PM »

I've been saying it since day 1 that the only way for the west to get any exposure at all is to do some tracks with Jay-Z, Nas, Diddy, LL, Kanye, ect. It's fucked up, but just to get their names out there. I mean, Dilated Peoples did that shit with Alchemist, then we didn't hear from them for like 3 years. Then all of a sudden, they do a track with Kanye and they are back on the charts. It's a monopoly on the industry, but sometimes artists just need to bite the bullet or shut the hell up. Pointing out the kink in the industry isn't gonna make it change. You need to have some clout, and unfortunately, the west doesn't have a whole lot, which sucks ass.

wtf? so its wrong for West Coast artist to blow up & get signed to east coast labels? man some cats is never satisfied.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 09:52:13 AM »
hmmm... interesting 8)

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 02:08:09 PM »

hmm i dunno what to think on this right now.. until someone official comes out, i'd say that they're either waiting to make that announcment... or that they been talkin about it, and spider jumped the gun a bit with the excitement..

in the dubcnn dresta interview he says that he just did a awesome song with game + spider loc.. and loads more......

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 03:41:21 PM »

wtf? so its wrong for West Coast artist to blow up & get signed to east coast labels? man some cats is never satisfied.

Ummm...I never said that. I could give 2 fucks who signs with who. What I said was, the east has a monopoly on the industry, and unless you are on NY's sack, you won't sell. Get it yet?

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 02:38:07 AM »
^ part of the reason for that apart from being the birthplace of hiphop is that the head offices for the labels, and things like MTV are based out there..

you can't blame them living there on the east close to the "powers that be" for getting more of a chance..

you have to go out there and politick instead of standing 1000s of miles away throwing stones that probably dont even hit home..