Author Topic: How Do I Download AIM For An Old iMac?  (Read 105 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

How Do I Download AIM For An Old iMac?
« on: September 28, 2004, 12:28:32 PM »
Hey...I need some help here. I'm at my school, and my school uses iMacs (the clear blue & white ones)...I'm trying to download AIM for this PC, but when I go to install it, it either gives me an error, or tells me the Mac I'm running needs to be updated to install AIM...Anyone know a version of AIM that will run on this computer?...I'm gunna be using this computer at school everyday for the rest of the year...Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: How Do I Download AIM For An Old iMac?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 01:13:47 PM »
just use aim express... at aim.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 08:42:42 PM »
Will that work on an old iMac? If so, can someone post a direct link to the download here...Thanks

DAYUM

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 10:19:18 PM »
http://www.aimfilez.com/?id=aimversions

try an older version of aim

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 02:07:51 PM »
I already tried 3.0 and 4.0...Is there one specifically made for an older Mac?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 02:11:54 PM »
I just downloaded the first one, and I got an error when opening the installation that read, "AIM 1.0.41.exe could not be opened because the applicant program that created it could not be found"...Anyone know what that's about? Does my school have some sort of firewall, or does this iMac just suck ass?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 03:08:11 PM »
I just downloaded the first one, and I got an error when opening the installation that read, "AIM 1.0.41.exe could not be opened because the applicant program that created it could not be found"...Anyone know what that's about? Does my school have some sort of firewall, or does this iMac just suck ass?
a .exe file is a pc file give me the operating system the mac is running and i might be able to help you....gotta check that first before you know what you are downloading...i think you gotta to to upper right and check about this computer or on the upper right i really dont remember the old macs as well as i used to when i used them.....but anyway try to get that for me and i might be able to help you

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 03:22:34 PM »
a .exe file is a pc file give me the operating system the mac is running and i might be able to help you....gotta check that first before you know what you are downloading...i think you gotta to to upper right and check about this computer or on the upper right i really dont remember the old macs as well as i used to when i used them.....but anyway try to get that for me and i might be able to help you

Well, I'm at home now, but I'll be back on the Mac tomorrow around 1:30 PM...PeACe

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 03:38:08 PM »
http://www.aim.com/get_aim/express/aim_expr.adp?aolp=

theres 2 links.. the start 1 and the " you can still access an older version of AIM Express here." here link

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 01:20:57 PM »
Got it...Thanks for all the replies...PeACe