1 (6.7%)
British Columbia
5 (33.3%)
stay in Ontario
0 (0%)
other
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Where should Lincoln move?  (Read 288 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Where should Lincoln move?
« on: October 07, 2004, 07:15:59 PM »
I'm thinking of going out to Texas for a couple years, just to be around the Blues scene. Might be a good experience. I'd also like to go to BC though, I've got family out there and although I don't know them well I might be able to stay with them. But I'm also thinking of going right into the workplace in which case I'd likely go to Alberta to start up a business (due to low taxes and high tourism).

Drop thoughts.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

DAYUM

Re: Where should Lincoln move?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 07:25:30 PM »
Damn homie if u move to Tx and move close to Corpus that would be dope i would spark u up and if u dont smoke u will plus Texas has the best weather but ur coming from Canada so winter here will be like Summer to u espcially here in south texas... and u will see ALOT of mexicans u prolly never even met a real mexican before but i say Texas

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:27:56 PM »
Damn homie if u move to Tx and move close to Corpus that would be dope i would spark u up and if u dont smoke u will plus Texas has the best weather but ur coming from Canada so winter here will be like Summer to u espcially here in south texas... and u will see ALOT of mexicans u prolly never even met a real mexican before but i say Texas

Yeah, the weather is definetly a plus. But yeah I know some Mexicans, my good friend is like half-Mexican and there's a few at my school. What do you know about the Blues scene in Texas, what cities are well known for that?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

DAYUM

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 07:41:45 PM »

Yeah, the weather is definetly a plus. But yeah I know some Mexicans, my good friend is like half-Mexican and there's a few at my school. What do you know about the Blues scene in Texas, what cities are well known for that?

Blues? um downtown we got a lil club where they play blues n shit ive been in there cuzz right above it was a quincenera and it looked tight alot of white and black folks....

but if u move to a bigger city there should be more stuff...

but when u come down here u will hear words uve never heard and u will like screwed n chopped music trust me

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 07:57:12 PM »

Blues? um downtown we got a lil club where they play blues n shit ive been in there cuzz right above it was a quincenera and it looked tight alot of white and black folks....

but when u come down here u will hear words uve never heard and u will like screwed n chopped music trust me

Yeah, screwed and chopped music is cool, it's got an interesting vibe to it.

Paris

DAYUM

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 08:08:39 PM »

Yeah, screwed and chopped music is cool, it's got an interesting vibe to it.

its 10 times better when ur high.... just like everything else.... 8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 08:15:30 PM »
I'd go start the business, if I were you. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 08:25:36 PM »

Only thing is when I finish College I'll only be 20. That just seems really young to me.

Paris

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 08:30:59 PM »
BC if I were you.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 08:39:10 PM »
i would spark u up and if u dont smoke u will
LMAO

eS El Duque

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 09:00:31 PM »

Only thing is when I finish College I'll only be 20. That just seems really young to me.

Im planning to be an electrition with a ticket when im 20, i'll be out of BCiT by then 8)

so move to BC, i'll help you start you're illegal business in BC  8)...j/p

Alberta is a great second choice, BC is suppossed to have about 1 million new jobs in the next 10 years (or less)? and we got a population of 4.1 mil :p?

Our economy has no where to go but UP!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 09:03:02 PM by eS El Duque »

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 09:43:30 PM »
DO NOT come to Florida..lol

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2004, 09:49:19 PM »
Southern Cal !!!i

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2004, 10:06:07 PM »
if you wanna be close to the blues ....Nashville and Atlanta  is where you need to be homeboy....texas is more known now for stuff like Tex Mex stuff like Los Lonely boys and Norteno music.

but if were you i'd finish college and then travel then see what you can do with your degree in the city you liked best from your travels ..........kinda like what i'm doing

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 10:26:36 PM »

Nah, not really.  Depends on what you're doing... if you're doing it right, you should be working @ what you want to.  It gives you a chance to start earning more money immediately, and you can still have a vacation every night, and every weekend.  I see a good job (especially starting a business) as more fun than travelling.