Author Topic: Has anyone seen the San Andreas commercial on TV?  (Read 822 times)

Jome

Re: Has anyone seen the San Andreas commercial on TV?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 12:18:56 PM »
Well while the graphics ARE excellent considering that they're still using the same old ass engine, but they're really not that spectacular compared to other games out there... The Splinter Cells, the Max Paynes, the Virtua Fighters, the Doom 3's...

Still, it's the gameplay, the game world and the story what matters in GTA. Can't wait to get my hands on it, but I got a long wait being that I'm a PC gamer. :P Luckily, Half-Life 2 should be out by end of the year (fingers crossed)... And then there's the third Splinter Cell coming up...
yeah but on those games the maps are so much smaller and their is so much less to detail on......on GTA its so huge that it would take forever to fine tune everything i think they do a damn good job with the graphics and keeping the gameplay top notch......

Yup, GTA maps are 100-200 times bigger than the average FPS-game, not comparable at all..
GTA would have better graphics if they had smaller maps, it's that simple.

no matter how good a game is, it cant have good graphics on ps2, because the ps2 is just too whack.
I dont see how anyone wont be aware of that matter

A lot of games are awarded higher scores on PS2, than the similar game on X-Box. (When reviewed by the same person even)
How do you explain that.. ?? G-A-M-E-P-L-A-Y !!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2004, 03:59:38 AM »
give me one reason why the Xbox-Version should have worse Gameplay than the Ps2-Version.
ridiculous.
I'll tell you something.

the Xbox-Version is like the Ps2-Version but with a higher resolution and more details.

let's make a PC-analogy. You just set the resolution way lower, and the details too, and you have the Ps2-Version.

what the hell about Gameplay. Like if the Xbox-Controller wont have everything that's needed or something.

my first post in this topic is as on point as it gets. for me it sucks to play it half a year after you do, and for you it sucks to play it with half the graphics I'll play it with.

+it's not an argument that 6 months in this industry are like huuuuge. cause during the last 12 months, hardly anything advanced in the computer industry, it's incredible but true. a homie of mine baught a PC fucking 12 months before and when I go to local stores the PC's there are still worse than his PC, it's a shame.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 10:28:03 AM »
give me one reason why the Xbox-Version should have worse Gameplay than the Ps2-Version.
ridiculous.
I'll tell you something.

the Xbox-Version is like the Ps2-Version but with a higher resolution and more details.

let's make a PC-analogy. You just set the resolution way lower, and the details too, and you have the Ps2-Version.

what the hell about Gameplay. Like if the Xbox-Controller wont have everything that's needed or something.

my first post in this topic is as on point as it gets. for me it sucks to play it half a year after you do, and for you it sucks to play it with half the graphics I'll play it with.

+it's not an argument that 6 months in this industry are like huuuuge. cause during the last 12 months, hardly anything advanced in the computer industry, it's incredible but true. a homie of mine baught a PC fucking 12 months before and when I go to local stores the PC's there are still worse than his PC, it's a shame.

Proves how much you know...
Peep game: Many games are made for PS2, and then CONVERTED to X-Box and possibly GameCube, because the PS2 version will have the biggest audience, thus making the CONVERTED VERSIONS slightly different from the PS2 version.
This will some times result in bugs, gameplay not optimized for X-Box/GC, and strange control button choices.

I've played X-Box several times, and I can't say that the different in gfx amazes me, I'm more annoyed with the controller and button placement, though that is of course a matter of taste/habit.
You can't have played much PS2 if you think the difference is "Half the graphics I'll play with", that's a ridiculous comment.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2004, 03:35:47 PM »
ridiculous.
I'll tell you something.

you happy you gettin it 6 months later with a slight differnce in graphics thats cool for you im more glad that im gettin it in so called 1/2 the graphics of xbox which is a false statement....but anyway id much rather play that on the ps2 any day......might just be my personal preference but just like when splinter cell first came out it was out on the xbox only.....i had to wait some months before it came out for the ps2.....i really really wanted that game......i wished i had a xbox at the time just for that....it just happens gta is a ps2 exclusive first so you dont got to hate on that.....