Author Topic: Sick new MP3-player, Ipod fall back !!  (Read 403 times)

Jome

Sick new MP3-player, Ipod fall back !!
« on: October 21, 2004, 11:34:45 PM »
DMC Xclef 500

Specs:

Comes in 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, or a record 100GB !! (As compared to Ipod's 40GB top model)
Battery: 20 hours per recharge (Near twice the Ipod, but 4 hours less than Creative Zen Touch)
USB2 support, shows up as external harddrive. Needs no software.
FM tuner, voice recorder
Supports mp3, wma, MAC, etc.

Prices:

40GB: $249
60GB: $299
80GB: $349
100GB: $449

http://www.digmind.com/store/index_500.html

MANBEARPIG.

Re: Sick new MP3-player, Ipod fall back !!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:47:38 PM »
ooooh llookin good almost  cheaper than Ipod too!

-KIDRENEGADE-

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 11:48:52 PM »
That thing is huge (NO HOMO)  ;D

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 12:13:09 AM »
that looks kinda big, but id still rather get ipod, but 100gb, omfg :o

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 03:56:41 AM »
ipod is the best..

Jome

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 10:37:41 AM »
ipod is the best..

Designwise, yup.
Features, battery capacity, harddrive capacity, prize, nope.

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 10:51:30 AM »
LOL at your hate for the Ipod...

Apple's iPod has 65% market share of digital music players and over 90% market share of hard drive based players.

You can post these "Ipod Killers" all you want, but the simple truth is, Ipod isn't going anywhere. It's on it's 4th generation of models. Can you say that about any of these other "competitors"??

People want a simple audio player with a simple interface. Video, fancy graphics, and useless features obviously don't sell the product as you can see by Apple's market share.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 12:25:18 PM »
LOL at your hate for the Ipod...

Apple's iPod has 65% market share of digital music players and over 90% market share of hard drive based players.

You can post these "Ipod Killers" all you want, but the simple truth is, Ipod isn't going anywhere. It's on it's 4th generation of models. Can you say that about any of these other "competitors"??

People want a simple audio player with a simple interface. Video, fancy graphics, and useless features obviously don't sell the product as you can see by Apple's market share.

I finally agree with Woodrow on something  :yikes:   :puke:   :cheers:

Jome

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 03:52:37 PM »
LOL at your hate for the Ipod..

There's no hate, I'm just saying there's better players out there..

Wrong.
Ipod have 28% of the world market, but 82% of the U.S. market, that's 2 different things.

Creative been doing this way longer than Apple, they had more generation of players than Apple.

Twice the battery capacity, better harddrive capacity, wma-support - USELESS ?? ?? Mmmmkay.  ;)

I agree on the simple audio player part though, there's millions of people out there that wouldn't understand shit if the player have more than 4 buttons.. I guess that's why it's been such a success, but personally I like more advanced options/menus/config options.

Dave Shining

• 'G'
  • The Legend
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 04:18:05 PM »
:o :o :o 100 GB  :o :o :o

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 08:44:52 PM »
damn $450 bucks. just outta curiosity, how long would it take for me to load up 100 gigs worth of music? not saying that i have that much stolen music...  ;D

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 01:37:49 AM »
There's no hate, I'm just saying there's better players out there..
No need to lie to yourself. It's clear you have some hate in your heart for the Ipod.

Wrong.
Ipod have 28% of the world market, but 82% of the U.S. market, that's 2 different things.
Apple hasn't even began marketing to the rest of the world yet. The US market is by far the biggest one. You can pretend Norway makes a difference, but the truth is, more Ipods will be sold in the US than the entire population of Norway by the end of 2006.

Creative been doing this way longer than Apple, they had more generation of players than Apple.
And? Creative has a 2, MAYBE 3 percent market share? Their products are a complete and utter failure compared to the Ipod.

I agree on the simple audio player part though, there's millions of people out there that wouldn't understand shit if the player have more than 4 buttons.. I guess that's why it's been such a success, but personally I like more advanced options/menus/config options.

Good for you. Too bad you aren't Joe Average when it comes to DAP's. Millions of other people say you're wrong. You can purchase what you want and support it all you want, but fact is, Ipods are king of digital audio players. They will continue to be king for the forseeable future. I'm not saying you have to like it, but it's common sense that you have to accept it.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 02:41:02 AM »
^ lol at u quoting yourself on the last shit... btw.. ipod are amazing.. and jome like to demote them... just like he likes to promote firefox.. why.. i dunno.. gay?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 04:21:52 AM »
gay?

Well you being interested in the fact that he may be gay is quite interesting...

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 04:47:42 AM »
intresting to whom?