Author Topic: wrestlers dying during or after matches?  (Read 362 times)

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
wrestlers dying during or after matches?
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:22:09 AM »
i'v head of a couple of storys of guys dying in the ring or collapsing during a match and dying later , these events are few and far inbetween  but here's a story:
 the story of Masakazu Fukuda from SSS:

During his match with Katsuyori Shibata on 4/14/00, Fukuda was hit by a flying elbow smash. His movement became sluggish, and he eventually collapsed on to the mat in a serious condition. He was rushed to Kessunuma General Hospital, where it was determined that he had internal bleeding of the brain. For days New Japan and it's fans prayed, with many wrestlers, including Shinya Hashimoto, travelling to the hospital to see him. On 4/19/00 at 3:28am, Masakazu Fukuda passed away, the official cause an acute hard membrane lower bloody tumor in his brain. He was 27 years of age, and was planning to announce his engagement in May. On 4/20/00, Hidekazu Tanaka wept as he announced to the fans that Fukuda had passed away, and Yoshie stood in the ring with a picture of him, while Nagata rang the bell ten times in his memory. On 4/21/00, six hundred people attended the funeral of Fukuda, which was funded by New Japan. Fukuda was laid to rest in his New Japan t-shirt, a lasting reminder of his love for wrestling.

Trauma-san

Re: wrestlers dying during or after matches?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 03:51:44 PM »
There was a rumour going around for years that Hulk Hogan killed somebody in the ring early in his career, but it was later proven false.  That's one of the things Hogan can brag about (well, he brags about a lot of things).... he's never hurt anybody in the ring.  I believe the same can be said for Bret Hart, and Yokozuna too, off the top of my head, I've heard it mentioned before that they were really safe wrestlers who had never hurt anyone.  I'm sure there's many more but I know for a fact these three never injured anybody.  I think that's one sign of a true wrestler, protecting their opponent.  I'm not trying to say Hogan is as good of a wrestler as Hart, though, I'm just saying in that aspect, they're similar. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 03:56:27 PM »
wrestlers who kill their opponent must really suck.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 04:46:48 PM »
There was a rumour going around for years that Hulk Hogan killed somebody in the ring early in his career, but it was later proven false.  That's one of the things Hogan can brag about (well, he brags about a lot of things).... he's never hurt anybody in the ring.  I believe the same can be said for Bret Hart, and Yokozuna too, off the top of my head, I've heard it mentioned before that they were really safe wrestlers who had never hurt anyone.  I'm sure there's many more but I know for a fact these three never injured anybody.  I think that's one sign of a true wrestler, protecting their opponent.  I'm not trying to say Hogan is as good of a wrestler as Hart, though, I'm just saying in that aspect, they're similar. 

I thought I heard about Yokozuna killing someone before by accident ???

-KIDRENEGADE-

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 05:21:48 PM »
I once read that Marty Janetty did a rocker dropper on his opponent and fucked it up so that his opponents neck broke and he later died.. but don´t know if that´s true..

Dave Shining

• 'G'
  • The Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 05:37:58 PM »
^^^ i heard that somewhere to

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 09:18:37 PM »
" I'm not trying to say Hogan is as good of a wrestler as Hart, though, I'm just saying in that aspect, they're similar. "

personally , I think highly of Hulk Hogan back in the day because he knew how to get the most out of his match and the fans are always into it and that's what matters the most , he's not the best wrestler , he's no Ric Flair or Curt Henning but he's a good worker

Also "the million dollar man "Ted DiBiasie's dad died in the ring

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 10:15:33 PM »
^ No argument from me, Hogan's my fav. wrestler easily.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 05:52:16 AM »

when I used to do judo i got the shit scared outta me... i was at a regional championship fighting some guy and i had him in a choke hold and dude had a asthma attack.. his parents went nuts on me n shit...  lol... how the fuck was i supposed to know? he shouldnt have been fighting a sport where i guess 80% of victories are won by some kind of hold..

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 07:25:22 AM »
The Undertaker is meant to be really safe

Mick Foley said in his book that he wouldn't have done the Hell in the Cell stunts with any other wrestler.

What about the least safe?

Scott Steiner is notorious

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 07:42:46 AM »
"Scott Steiner is notorious"

yeah , ever since he became a roided up monster he's been very unsafe , but back in the day he was a great wrestler , to truly see the evolution of Scott Steiner , his finisher in Japan was the steiner screwdriver (where he picks the guy up in a suplex then tombstones) and then it was the steiner recliner , so he went from innovative agile big guy to well just a big guy

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »
what ever hapend to Droz? last i heard he was a cripple

ecrazy

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 11:22:11 AM »
^^yup, he works for wwe.com writing articles now

bez

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 11:28:22 AM »
I heard D-Lo fucked up the running powerbomb on him and broke his neck.

I heard that the string that held the blue blazer was very unsafe.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 12:07:53 PM »

I'm not trying to rag on the Hulkster, but he never did any moves that could have really hurt anybody. Besides, he KO'ed Inoki in Japan with a lariat.