Author Topic: What makes eastcoast hip hop so great?  (Read 353 times)

Mr. RuthlessG

What makes eastcoast hip hop so great?
« on: November 01, 2004, 08:33:55 AM »
I just want to know since everyone is so in love eastcoast rap now please tell what makes so great.  Because they are not innovating or elevating the rap game all they do is steal from the south and east and make generic hip pop and r & b bullshit tracks also they are the ones that are the real haters of the rap game.

So please tell me what's makes east coast hip hop so great?

C-Swift

Re: What makes eastcoast hip hop so great?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 08:44:15 AM »
What makes the East Coast supposedly great is that the culture we know as hip-hop came from the South Bronx, which is why a lotta East Coast heads feel that if hip-hop ain't from NY in general they say "fuck it," but hip-hop was meant to be interpreted in ways that reflect where you are from, South to Midwest to West Coast, but they don't understand that, and yes, they are biting the South and West right now and are the real haters :)

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 08:50:02 AM »
^
Thank you.

SGV

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 09:17:14 AM »
I just want to know since everyone is so in love westcoast rap now please tell what makes so great.  Because they are not innovating or elevating the rap game all they do is steal from the south and east and make generic hip pop and r & b bullshit tracks also they are the ones that are the real haters of the rap game.

So please tell me what's makes West coast hip hop so great?

Note: The same arguement can be made for the West. LOL.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 09:30:46 AM »
lol @ "they steal"

if the east fans think the same ignorant way about the west as you do about the east (snoop fell off --> "they fell off") it's no wonder the wests not gettin much support there

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 09:45:57 AM »
^
Eastcoast rappers do steal a lot shit from the west and south.  That's true.

And my post is not ignorant the truth is the east are the real haters.

To SGV yeah the west isn't really innovating or elevating the game either but the east are the ones really putting out all the really watered down shit.  So stop trying to defend them and Lil Wayne sucks.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 10:28:19 AM »
LMAO, which artists are you refering to, because I think you'll find most of the eastcoast stuff we talk about in here doesn't follow anything that you posted.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 10:47:53 AM »
LMAO, which artists are you refering to, because I think you'll find most of the eastcoast stuff we talk about in here doesn't follow anything that you posted.

trutru. of course ja rule is funny for lowriders with CA license plates and everybody wanna do sumthin with Lil Jon. But "east just bites south and west so what's so great about it", how simplified is that LOL

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 02:01:57 PM »
we:
started the culture
have the best lyricists(rakim, nas)
started gangsta rap(no it wasnt ice t, it was schooly d)
have the most classic albums
started sampling(rappers delight)
have the best storytellers(rick and g rap)
have best punchline rappers(finesse and akinyele, some would say l)
have rapper with the best delivery(kane)
have rappers with the best wordplay(common, gza)

do i really need to continue?
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 02:15:30 PM »
(common, gza)

common is not from the east coast

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 02:38:54 PM »
(common, gza)

common is not from the east coast
lol dont ask

replace with redman
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

SGV

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

To SGV yeah the west isn't really innovating or elevating the game either but the east are the ones really putting out all the really watered down shit.  So stop trying to defend them and Lil Wayne sucks.

The West is droppin' watered down shit? LOL. Dickrider!! Sorry...The West is just as dismal as the East.

LOL @ Wayne sucks. You can't even form a good arguement on why the East is wack, how you gonna tell me an artist like Wayne is wack?

Btw, I'm from the West and I'll tell you myself, we're just as bad as the East.

pappy

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 05:27:06 PM »
so if the east steals bits an pieces from the west in the south, by your thinkin,  doesnt that mean the west an the south jacked the whole hip hop culture from the east.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 05:43:03 PM »
To me, most eastcoast hip hop has a raw, street type feel to it.  There are also many more artists coming from the eastcoast than any other areas, altho this is starting to slightly change.  When I think of east coast hip hop, I think of Biggie Smalls, Lost Boyz, Jay Z, Nas, Bootcamp, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang ect. were the dudes I was brought up listening to, altho I know artists like Rakim, Big daddy Kane, G Rap & Run DMC paved the way for those others.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2004, 08:33:06 PM »
theres tight shit from every coast does it really matter. Some people need to stop praying to hit em up