Author Topic: bLaDe - Rescue Me  (Read 438 times)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
bLaDe - Rescue Me
« on: November 01, 2004, 09:52:50 PM »
Yo, what's up ya'll, I was hoping I could get some constructive feedback on this track I recorded about a month or so ago.  It's called 'Rescue Me', my first real full song.  It is rapped over a beat that might sound familiar to some of you.  It's from 'Hero' by Nexus, who allowed me to use the beat and was also kind enough to play a little guitar over it.  Please make sure to read the lyrics as well.  It has been a long time since I recorded, I think about a year, so I might sound a little rusty.  I am also aware that I have a little problem with clarity, I'm still working on it.

Rescue Me[SONG] (192bitrate, 6.66mb)
Rescue Me[LYRICS]

Thanks a lot, peace

Addendum:  Please make sure to bump Rescue Me in it's original sound with NO equalizer presets, because they will only distort the sound.  I mixed it with custom equalizations, so if you are using programs such as Winamp, or equalizer settings in stereo players etc., make sure to turn them off.  Generally bass/treble settings are fine, but it's still best to listen to the song in it's original state.  Also, in the lyrics you might notice in my first verse I claim that I am 16 years of age, i'm actually 18, but I wrote half of the first verse at that age and put it away.  I don't like modifying my lyrics, espically if it's something I wrote a while ago, so I decided to stick with it.

-b[X]

Edit: links updated (8/06)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:46:52 PM by bLaDe HeLi[X] »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sikotic™

Re: bLaDe - Rescue Me
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:54:21 PM »
I bump this song in my car no joke. I'm lovin the lyrics, the guitar in the beat. Dope shit all together. It doesn't even sound like you stopped rhyming.

Keep up the good work negro.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 09:57:36 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:02:24 PM »
Having helped in recording the song I might be a little biased, but I love it. The flow/lyrics are fantastic, did better with the beat then I did. My guitar just rounds out the whole thing, but its definately Blade's talent on display.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 02:21:25 PM »
^^^ WURD UP.....^^^

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 02:40:54 PM »
the only thing i could critisize is how some syllables kinda get lost from the way you pronounce things. Other than that, great song, you are definitely a good lyricist and this is proof that you can also flow over a beat very nicely. the guitar playing is dope too. props

pappy

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 04:31:18 PM »
dopeness... only prob is at times its hard to understand ur voice, but you dropped some dope lyrics an have sick flow.  dope song

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 04:36:32 PM »
nice smooth beat...and good lyrics OG!! good job!!

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 09:20:01 PM »
good the hear u back at it Blade don't stop now the rust will fade u...

the lyrics are on point the flow is kinda on and off

u need to work more in the timeing on your adlibs

yeah i remember this beat too nik and nexus ripped from the rock song kriponite good choice man

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 10:16:26 PM »
The loop in the back is just a sample, all i played was the main driving guitar "Solo" parts in the intro, hooks and outro.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 11:25:13 PM »
the only thing i could critisize is how some syllables kinda get lost from the way you pronounce things.

yup, dats about the only flaw i see too, but blade's accent is becoming more understandable though, i been listenin 2 his shit 4 a while now, i see it.....the lyrics are krayzie.....guitar solo is off the hook.....dope all round.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

KonSICKwence / Ine

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 10:25:35 AM »
definately some dope shit! I'm impressed. check out some of my beats at www.soundclick.com/konsickwencepvc and we can work if you like any.

hit me up IneffableLIC on AIM.

pz

KonSICKwence

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 05:38:18 PM »
Just dropped in for a quick response.  Thanks for reviewing the song guys, I appreciate your feedback.  Like I said earlier, I am aware of my clarity problems, and my complex lyrics don't help with it either.  But, I am still working on it, and I think it's improving gradually, like Rod said.  The fact that I hardly ever get time to record makes it hard for me to improve, I made this song after a year of silence for instance. 
By the way, I forgot to mention that you should bump Rescue Me in it's original sound with NO equalizer presets, because they will only distort the sound.  I mixed it with custom equalizations, so if you are using programs such as Winamp, or equalizer settings in stereo players etc., make sure to turn them off.  Generally bass/treble settings are fine, but it's still best to listen to the song in it's original state.  Thanks.

@KonSICKwence - Thanks for your feedback and offering me your beats.  I will look through your website throughly a little later, right now I have to go.  Peace.

-b[X]

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2004, 11:38:40 AM »

I still remember this GOD DAMN QUOTE.   
Once i get a new keyboard i can start up again. I reformatted my computer and lost all of the thousands of songs I chopped and sampled and all my beats.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 11:42:23 PM »
Damn...That guitar Nexus added in the intro is fuckin' hot...Blade sounds about the same as he did a year ago...Good shit.

P.S. That's the "Hero" beat muthafucka!