Author Topic: Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?  (Read 670 times)

Smooth

Re: Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2004, 12:09:32 PM »
Raptors 3-0 they just beat Portland a few minutes ago, WHAT! 8)
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2004, 05:52:15 PM »
Raptors 3-0 they just beat Portland a few minutes ago, WHAT! 8)
Houston, Detroit, Portland....How about those Raptors 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2004, 01:55:35 PM »
Don't get TOO happy, Raptor fans...They're gunna fall off really quick, and Vince Carter will be traded by mid-season.

Smooth

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2004, 03:31:09 PM »
Yeah they got a REALLY hard wecoast road trip comin up... It's 6 games, and Id say they should be happy if they win 3 of them...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2004, 08:17:49 PM »
Since I'm a Southern Cali resident and Laker fan, i figure I'll weigh in on the team.

For the record, I feel the Kobe is one of the most talented players in the NBA. He is not on the level of Jordan, Magic or Bird. Jordan won with Pippen, Grant/Rodman and a bunch of scrubs. Kobe was flat out shut down against Detroit. I never saw that happen to Jordan.

With that being said, even though I disagreed with the Lakers trading Shaq, I do see some good things happening in this young season. Once Lamar Odom gets it together and gets acclamated to the Lakers, he will be HUGE, mark my words. He's like a mini-Garnett, handling the rock at 6'10". Caron Butler got skills too, he reminds me of a young Eddie Jones, hitting the 3 then driving to the hoop and playing hard. The Lakers are moving the ball better than I've seen in a long time and Kobe is playing like a team player, which is key if the Lakers are going to go anywhere. They as a team play with a ton of energy, which is nice to see.

The team right now has 3 main problems. One, they turn the ball over way too much, but that should take care of itself after while. Their defense is kinda shaky and we have no inside stopper. Mihm can get a few blocks here and there but I guess I've been spoiled with 8 years of Shaq hoggling the lane defensively. If Karl Malone comes back and when Vlade comes back, and players are back at their normal positions, this will improve.

The Lakers will make the playoffs this year and they're probably win in the neighborhood of 50 games or so. They're not on the elite level of Minnesota and San Antonio.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels