Author Topic: halo 2 impressions  (Read 458 times)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: halo 2 impressions
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 02:32:36 PM »
I had been waiting for this game for over 2 years.  Now that I finally got it, I am NOT dissappointed!

The single player is longer than the first Halo, and IMO, alot tougher.  People who beat the game in 10 hours on Heroic or Normal and say the game isn't hard, I say this...play it on Legendary.  If you can beat this game in 10 hours on Legendary...then maybe this game is too easy for you...go play San Andreas or something.

The Xbox Live component of Halo 2 ONLY makes it much better.  True, I wish you could pick the map and gametype you wanna play in Optimatch, but I do like the Matchmaking system.  Most of the maps are very well designed, and are very fun to play on.  My favorites are Coagulation, Zanzibar, Beaver Creek, and Midship.  Some of the 16-player "Big Team Battle" games can get laggy, but for the most part its quite stable.

The Energy Sword is a HUGE hit.  If you turn a corner and see me with that sword, you better run the other way...or if you're too close, then kiss your ass goodbye.  It truly is an Anti-Son-of-a-Bitch-Stick...but to balance it out, its totally useless against ranged enemies (as in, its ONLY good at close to mid-close ranges...after that its useless).  Dual-Wielding is awesome!  I love getting an SMG and a Plasma Rifle to drop people real quick...and having two pistols is fun as hell.  The new lock-on system in the Rocket Launcher doesn't take away from the fun...it adds to it!  Watching a Rocket follow a Banshee half-way across a map, and then see it blow the damn thing to bits is awesome.

Overall, I give this game a 9.9/10.  I don't think its perfect...that is clearly shown in the end of the single player.  I won't give anything away, but when you beat the game, you'll know exactly what I mean when I say: ".....what the fuck?".  This is, by far, the greatest FPS I have ever played.

PS: Smerlus, you can't take that one instance and say "great AI"...with very few exceptions, the AI in this game is smart.  On Legendary...the AI is VERY smart, and VERY tough.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 02:36:33 PM by SPARTAN-117 »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 04:20:48 PM »
the game on legendary is a bitch.  It takes me a while to get through each checkpoint.  I beat it on Heroic and it was fun all the way through

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2004, 06:49:06 PM »
do you get anything special if you beat it in legendary?

Im not a hardcore gamer so im only gonna play it on normal and after i finish it I probably wont play it agian on single player...but the multiplayer kicks ass!!!!!!!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Thirteen

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2004, 08:42:03 PM »
PS: Smerlus, you can't take that one instance and say "great AI"...with very few exceptions, the AI in this game is smart.  On Legendary...the AI is VERY smart, and VERY tough.

it just really pissed me off that i play a game for 10 hours to have the end guy commit suicide after 2 shots and then see a gay ending...a game has never been so anti-climatic for me

oh and as for multi player... totally average.

it's gay that you can't pick your maps...

i've been thrown into so many lagging games it's not funny.

i played online for 2 hours and about 90 minutes of that was spent at loading screens.

there's already suspected cheaters, i watched through a sniper scope as a guy tossed a plasma grenade on an opponent, another guy blasted him with duel wielded machine guns and a ghost ran him over, plus a few sniper shots by me...and he killed them all and got away

fact is, if you think this is a great multiplayer game, you should pic up some games on a computer or play SOCOM...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2004, 09:51:09 PM »
it does suck we have to wait for a third halo to see an actual ending

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 01:19:18 AM »

be happy if it's only until the third halo :D

I figure this will be the xbox - franchise. They'll might take it until part 6 or 7 on xbox 3 or so.. lol.
Kinda like Mario on Nintendo... well not that strong.. but comparable.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2004, 02:21:17 AM »

be happy if it's only until the third halo :D

I figure this will be the xbox - franchise. They'll might take it until part 6 or 7 on xbox 3 or so.. lol.
Kinda like Mario on Nintendo... well not that strong.. but comparable.

that would be suicide for the franchise.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface