Author Topic: The strained relations between US Presidents & Canadians Prime Ministers (Funny)  (Read 207 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
President Kennedy thought John Diefenbaker "boring" and described him in a memo as "a prick". Prime Minister John Diefenbaker on President John F. Kennedy: "He's a hothead. He's a fool – too young, too brash, too inexperienced, and a boastful son of a bitch!"

1965 – at the height of the Vietnam War, Prime Minister Lester Pearson visited President Lyndon Johnson at the White House. Pearson gave a scathing speech one night about the war, then appeared at the White House the next day to confront a livid Johnson. As Martin describes it, LBJ grabbed Pearson by the shirt collar, lifted the prime minister off the floor and shouted, "You pissed on my rug!"

1969 – Pierre Trudeau told the National Press Club in Ottawa that living next to the U.S. "…is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly or temperate the beast, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

1971 – When it was revealed that President Richard Nixon called Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau "an asshole" in his private tapes, Trudeau responded with, "I've been called worse things by better people."

1971 – After Trudeau left a session with Nixon in the Oval Office, the president said to H.R. Haldeman, his chief of staff: "That Trudeau, he's a clever son of a bitch." Then he said to Secretary of State Henry Kissinger: "What in the Christ is he talking about?"

Pierre Trudeau
Trudeau so infuriated Nixon during the visit that Nixon called him "a pompous egghead" and told Haldeman: "You've got to put it to these people for kicking the U.S. around after what we did for that lousy son of a bitch. Give it to somebody around here." This was when Nixon ordered Haldeman to plant a negative story about Trudeau with columnist Jack Anderson.

1972 – Nixon delivers a speech to the House of Commons: "While we do not have a wall between us, we have a great unguarded boundary. This does not mean that we are the same. This does not mean we do not have differences. But it does mean we have found a way to discuss differences in a friendly way without war."

When Nixon told Trudeau there would be no trade deal for Canada, Trudeau and his then-wife Margaret went to Cuba and ate raw lobster with lime and Castro.

At the turn of the millennium, it was reported that White House officials privately referred to Prime Minister Jean Chrétien as "Dino" (short for dinosaur).

And of course, not a negative one but very funny:

1985 – Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and President Ronald Reagan sing to each other when the president visits Canada:

When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Somehow I forgot my all time favourite.

When John Diefenbaker lost the 1963 election he claimed it was due to a "Kennedy Conspiracy".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 12:51:31 PM by Lincoln The Mental Traveller »

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lincoln, for some reason you have the impression that people on this board care about politics in Canada.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lincoln, for some reason you have the impression that people on this board care about politics in Canada.

1.There are other Canadians on this board.
2.This is just as much a thread on the US.
3.Why do you respond to threads you obviously don't care about?

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!

1.There are other Canadians on this board.
2.This is just as much a thread on the US.
3.Why do you respond to threads you obviously don't care about?

1. Even they don't respond to your threads
2. I'm not referring to just this thread
3. I made my comment because I was trying to save you from looking like an idiot, but that's obviously impossible.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I could sit and bicker with you for hours, but thankfully I have better things to do with my life.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I could sit and bicker with you for hours, but thankfully I have better things to do with my life.

Yeah, like making threads nobody cares about.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah, like making threads nobody cares about.

Precisely.

Paris

Suga Foot

I like this thread  :D

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
nice post
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
See, I always make things happen.

I got people to start uploading tracks again in the Hook-Up Section, and now I got Canadians to post in threads they would've never bothered to post in if I hadn't made my statement. My plan worked. Watch, one day I'll use reverse psychology and get Mauzip to say that he likes girls.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 10:23:44 AM by *Jamal* »

Suga Foot

hahaha^

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
LBJ = Funniest President ever

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
See, I always make things happen.

I got people to start uploading tracks again in the Hook-Up Section, and now I got Canadians to post in threads they would've never bothered to post in if I hadn't made my statement. My plan worked. Watch, one day I'll use reverse psychology and get Mauzip to say that he likes girls.

LOL.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

I believe Eisenhower had a bad relationship with Canada, too.  Bush and that dude up there now can't stand each other either, I don't believe... I think what it all boils down to is, yall are still pissed Jim Carrey became a U.S. Citizen.