Author Topic: Rank Snoop's Album 1-6, Plus 2 Cents.  (Read 380 times)

Big BpG

Rank Snoop's Album 1-6, Plus 2 Cents.
« on: November 16, 2004, 10:18:03 PM »
His legend grows again as his new album released today. To some, Snoop has fallen since the release of his album back in 1993. However, name a rapper who continues to stay mainstream after 12 years in the industry. There aren't many. We heard him back when Deep Cover came out. That was the beginning of his smooth, laid back flow. With Dre over his shoulder, we recieved two classic G-Funk albums in The Chronic and Doggystyle. Like any big artist, the first album is usually what all your music will be judged by. So Snoop, in his early 20's, was Americas first RAP STAR. No doubt about that. He went through a murder trial, and released Tha Doggfather. Later the controversial shift to No Limit records. A lot of fans grew impatient with his music. He gave us Da Game, which is arguably his worst album release. Then came Top Dogg, which brought back Dr. Dre and some very good DJ Quik production. That album also gave the world a look at Xzibit, Suga Free and Mauseburg (RIP). The west came back in a big way with Dre's 2001 which once again showed us why we love it when Dre and Snoop join forces. Then came Last Meal, in my mind, Snoop's best album. Then the west collapsed...again, and Snoop went a different route. He decided to join forces with the neptunes, but also let westcoast fans still get a taste of what they wanted in Paid The Cost. Now, with westcoast music at a slow halt, we get R & G, which we've been listening to a while now. Where does it place among his other 5 albums? Rank them now. Here are mine.

1. Tha Last Meal
2. Doggystyle
3. R & G: The Masterpiece
4. Top Dogg
5. Da Game...
6. Paid The Cost...

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Trauma-san

Re: Rank Snoop's Album 1-6, Plus 2 Cents.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:26:40 PM »
I can't believe you keep putting the Last Meal over Doggystyle, you must be hooked on crack or something.

1. Doggystyle
2. The Last Meal
3. Tha Doggfather
4. No Limit Top Dog
5. Big Snoop Dogg Paid The Cost To Be The Boss
6. R&G: Rhythm and Gangsta
7. The Game Is to Be Sold, Not Told

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
So Snoop, in his early 20's, was Americas first RAP STAR.

... and I'm not even gonna comment on that one, I'm just gonna quote it, to single it out, and let everybody else ridicule, and poke fun. 

Big BpG

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 10:46:29 PM »

... and I'm not even gonna comment on that one, I'm just gonna quote it, to single it out, and let everybody else ridicule, and poke fun. 

He was... you can argue it, at the time, but there was not one rapper who had a bigger influence on Rap. When doggystyle came out, he instantly became the best selling rapper, along with the best selling album in its first week. However, then came B.I.G, Tupac, Jay-Z, Eminem, and now 50 Cent, but Snoop was the first... ridicule that.

-BpG

From '93 to '05

Acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 10:54:13 PM »
I can't believe you put last meal over doggystyle.  last meal is fuckin god awful garbage.  doggystyle is classic.  not even a close comparison.

1. doggystyle
2. doggfather
3. top dogg

all the rest suck balls and ain't even worth listing.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 10:55:14 PM »
1.Doggystyle
2.Tha Doggfather
3.Last Meal
4.top dogg
5.R&G
6.Paid Tha Cost to be Da Bo$$
7.Tha Game

Lyrics wise

1.Doggystyle
2.Tha Doggfather
3. Da Game
4. Top Dogg
5. Last Meal
6. R&G
7. Paid Tha Cost to be Da Bo$$

Beat wise

1.Doggystyle
2.Tha Doggfather
3.Last Meal
4.Top Dogg
5.R&G
6.Paid Tha Cost to be Da Bo$$
7. Da Game

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 11:02:42 PM »
I can't believe you put last meal over doggystyle.  last meal is fuckin god awful garbage.  doggystyle is classic.  not even a close comparison.

maybe Tha Last Meal is the album that hook him into snoops music...since he was probably too young to cop it the day it came out maybe

Its like a 16 years old dude, for him the best Nas song is "got urself a gun" when for me one of his best is "The world is yours"

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 11:06:42 PM »
LMFAO OMG I will never take any of your posts serious again, that was hilarious

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 11:09:24 PM »

He was... you can argue it, at the time, but there was not one rapper who had a bigger influence on Rap. When doggystyle came out, he instantly became the best selling rapper, along with the best selling album in its first week. However, then came B.I.G, Tupac, Jay-Z, Eminem, and now 50 Cent, but Snoop was the first... ridicule that.

-BpG

You just explained to me why Snoop was the biggest Rap Star.  You originally said he was the "First RAP STAR".  Are you kidding me.  Believe it or not, Rap did not start with Snoop Dogg.  There were actually people (GASP!) before him.  For instance, L.L. Cool J was running things before Snoop even got out of high school.  I was watching The Fat Boys and The Beastie Boys and N.W.A. and other RAP STARS before I was out of elementary school.  So you can argue Snoop was the biggest, but there's no way you can argue he was the first.  Please.  

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 11:11:13 PM »

was that for me?

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »

-BpG

You just explained to me why Snoop was the biggest Rap Star.  You originally said he was the "First RAP STAR".  Are you kidding me.  Believe it or not, Rap did not start with Snoop Dogg.  There were actually people (GASP!) before him.  For instance, L.L. Cool J was running things before Snoop even got out of high school.  I was watching The Fat Boys and The Beastie Boys and N.W.A. and other RAP STARS before I was out of elementary school.  So you can argue Snoop was the biggest, but there's no way you can argue he was the first.  Please. 

Yep.

My ratings:

1- Doggystyle (classic)
2- Last Meal (dope)
3- Doggfather (nice)
4- Top Dogg (nice)
5- Tha Game is to be... (wack)
6- Paid tha cost to be... (even wacker)
7- Rhythm & Gangsta (disgusting)

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 11:19:47 PM »

was that for me?

no, its for the hobo that started this thread

Big BpG

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 11:34:30 PM »

maybe Tha Last Meal is the album that hook him into snoops music...since he was probably too young to cop it the day it came out maybe

Its like a 16 years old dude, for him the best Nas song is "got urself a gun" when for me one of his best is "The world is yours"

Actually, no, Doggystyle hooked me. Last Meal is what I prefer when it comes to music and lyrics... oh and my favorite Nas song is "Memory Lane" , and Illmatic is Nas's best CD, well here are my two cents on nas's album

Nas
1. Illmatic
2. It Was Written
3. God's Son
4. Stillmatic
5. I Am
6. NastYdamus except for the song 'shoot em up"

hopefully street disciple will be good... 'street disciple my raps are trifle, i shoot slugs from my brain just like a rifle...stampede the stage I keep the microphone split...' or something like that... i love that line from 'main source'

and to Trauma...

Define the word 'Star'...we can talk Beastie Boys, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Biz Markie, The Sugar Hill Gang, NWA, Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash, Slick Rick, Eric B & Rakim, and whoever else you want... but NONE OF THEM had the impact Snoop did... I guess when you speak of 'stars', whether they be movie 'stars' ... television 'stars' , rock and roll 'stars' or rap 'stars' ... you need to have a definition of what a 'star' is.... are they people who take part in rap music? Is Chingy a Rap Star or a Rapper? ... In my opinion a Rap Star is rapper, hence rap stars rap, who are larger than most rappers. Before Snoop, rap consisted of rappers...no one stuck out like a sore thumb...until Snoop... my 2 cents.

From '93 to '05

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 05:36:06 AM »
1. Doggystyle (all over pure heat)
2. Doggfather (alot of dope cuts) // snoop GH (only a few new tracks but there hella dope!)
3. Last Meal (liked the advance more but still a nice LP) // DMW (old material but a good listen)
4. Top Dogg (aight)
5. Rhythm & Gangsta (new concept but nice to hear)
6. Tha Game is to be told ... (like 4-5 tracks)
7. Paid tha cost to be the boss(only liked 2 tracks, but the intro was str8 heat!)

« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 07:56:27 AM by o g s u e s o n e »

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 05:41:22 AM »
1. Doggystyle
2. Tha Doggfather
3. Top Dogg
4. Tha Last Meal
5. Paid Tha Cost...
6. R & G
7. Da Game...