Author Topic: I'm computer illiterate... How do you get a microphone to work on your computer  (Read 99 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Is there something somewhere on my desktop or settings that I have to change, because I plugged in the microphone and there is no sound, the computer doesn't seem to even recognize it? 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
thats becasue you are an idiot.. you were, are, and always will be.. now take your ignorant racist ass and stick the microphone in it

Don Breezio

plug in the mic...make sure its in the right spot  ;) then go to start>control panel>add new hardware and follow the prompts

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
first click "resuscitate music", so there's a point in it AHAHAHAHAHA

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
plug in the mic...make sure its in the right spot  ;) then go to start>control panel>add new hardware and follow the prompts

Didn't work.. too much computer language on the 3rd step.  I got thrown off as soon as it asked me to name the installed hardware device and the choices said "Audio codecs" or "Creative Audio PCI" "Game Port"... I didn't recognize any of those names, can you still help?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
^ cause ur a jackass-dick-fucking-shmuck

Jome

Usually, you'll have to plug the mic into the pink color-coded hole in the back of your computer.
Make sure that your sound card is properly installed, if you can hear music, it probably already is.

Then look in the taskbar for a icon like
Doubleclick it, and you should be able to control the volume for master volume, cd volume, microphone, speaker volume, etc.
Make sure that master volume and mic is not set to mute, and turn the volume up.