Author Topic: Who Says There's No Good Rap In Canada?  (Read 287 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Who Says There's No Good Rap In Canada?
« on: November 22, 2004, 10:52:19 AM »

These questions are for my Ph.D. dissertation. Do you mind if I can ask you personal questions about your life and your involvement in hip hop? (the university says I have to ask you this)

JC: Nah I don't mind. We are working on my cd right now, we can only let you hear the freestyles right now.

What makes a Wigger a Wigger and why do you consider yourself a Wigger?

JC: People would call me a wigger just to make fun of me, But I flipped it around and made it something to be proud of. You cannot just become a wigger overnight, It's somthing you are born with, ever since I can remember I have been facinated with the hip hop culture. I'm a grimey cat and nothing anyone says or does to me will change that.

Tell me the three MCs or DJs who made you want to get into rhyming or making beats, and tell me why?

JC: C-MURDER For sure because he is a true gangsta he has the most gangsta shit if you really wanna experience grimey buy the dvd (straight from the projects) copp that shit at Mixconnect.com Another rapper or actually rap group is The Diplomats the artists in the group are Camron aka Killa Kam, Jim Jones aka capo status, dispset ridah, new yorkers ridah man, the tri-state bandit, the fifty state rebel, one-eyed willy, Juelz Santana and J.R. Writer aka the dominican prince. They the best outta new york right now.

What city do you live in? How did you grow up, I mean, your folks rich, middle class, dirt poor?

JC: Toronto, Leaside, we in a ok nebourhood but everything I got was hand me downs from my brother, i didnt get shit. I started smokin weed and drinkin when i was 15 and it lead to a life of theft and bein kicked out of school.

How old were you when you started listening to rap?

JC: I first remember listening to rap when i was 2 yrs old, my bro would play it

Who did you turn on to first?

JC: cypress Hill, mc hammer, heavy d, i never liked LL Cool J

Your friends in High School into it too?

JC: oh yeah almost everyone listened to rap

You into shit on radio or just underground shit?

JC: sometimes ill listen to some phil collins, but i mostly fuck with underground mixtape shit (haha)

How about some olderschool? Tell me what you know about these cats and what do you think about them?
Afrikka Baabaata
Kook DJ Herc
Grandmaster Flash
Run DMC
Public Enemy
NWA
LL Cool J
3rd Bass
House of Pain
Vanilla Ice

JC: Some of those rappers are before my time, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys and RUN DMC are ok, but i was allways into the harder shit like NWA and House of Pain

what kinds of theme/subjects do you like to write and rap about?

JC: Bitches, Blunts, Guns, Killing, Crack, Jeweley and whatever crazy shit comes to my mind. All my raps are freestyles so you never know what im gonna say next.

What kind of grief do you get being a white rapper?

JC: Punk lil kids that like me run up to me and start talkin to me. Also, Fagget haters make fun of me on the net and they need to get a life.

You touched on this some, but I want to hit it another way. Answer this question as fully as you can:
"What is a Wigger?"
HeveC you can swing at that one too.

JC: If u like gangsta rap and try to emulate it, i dont even know if im a wigga, people think im a wigga but im just playa that loves to rap

Here's another question JC.
What's you take on Tupac's Music?

JC: tupac is really deep, i have all his albums, he is my fav rapper

Sounds like you're mostly into New York, yo?

JC:I like everything except for most other canadian rappers

What about Biggie?

JC: Biggie is up there with tupac, i wish he was able to make more albums

Do you as a Wigga roll wid some Niggas?

JC: When I was at school i would chill and smoke blunts and sell weed with some black thugz but at the end of the day we would go back to our own hoods, I think black and white people don't trust eachother, I dont know why this is maybe because of slavery...that shit depresses me. It is true that some inerratcel friends and couples remain friends and thats fine by me, fuck I don't agree with being racist but I don't have a problem wit freedom of speech either.

What's up with L Side?

JC: L-Side is a gang of 30 grimey cats that grew up in leaside

Do you do shows? If so, you got DVD or tapes?

JC: Ill try to get someone to tape my next open mic i go to

Also, gotta have the CD when you drop it. You trying to make a real career move widit, or you just doing it?.

JC: The site started out as a lil page with a few mp3s and then it blew up, I guess im gonna take it a bit more seriously now.

Interview by Saxecat
Oct 30th, 04
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 11:53:14 AM by Ras Kass' Toothpick »
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Who Says There's No Good Rap In Canada?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 10:54:07 AM »
LMAO!! Only in Toronto.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 11:00:37 AM »
Here's the best stuff:

I'm a grimey cat and nothing anyone says or does to me will change that.

what kinds of theme/subjects do you like to write and rap about?

JC: Bitches, Blunts, Guns, Killing, Crack, Jeweley and whatever crazy shit comes to my mind.

JC: If u like gangsta rap and try to emulate it, i dont even know if im a wigga, people think im a wigga but im just playa that loves to rap

Do you as a Wigga roll wid some Niggas?

JC: When I was at school i would chill and smoke blunts and sell weed with some black thugz but at the end of the day we would go back to our own hoods, I think black and white people don't trust eachother, I dont know why this is maybe because of slavery...that shit depresses me. It is true that some inerratcel friends and couples remain friends and thats fine by me, fuck I don't agree with being racist but I don't have a problem wit freedom of speech either.

JC: L-Side is a gang of 30 grimey cats that grew up in leaside

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 11:01:22 AM »
he makes me want to cry.

may favorite part of the interview was:
"People would call me a wigger just to make fun of me, But I flipped it around and made it something to be proud of. You cannot just become a wigger overnight, It's somthing you are born with"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 11:03:44 AM »
wait this is SUPPOSED to be funny right.. cuase i was laughing the whole time

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 11:05:35 AM »
^^ it is supposed to be a funny post on this board, yet a serious interview, unfortunately..........i think

lmao, i luv cats like this one

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 11:07:05 AM »

Smooth

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 11:08:28 AM »
WHOA!, there's one grimey cat I wouldn't wanna run into in a dark alley ;D
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 11:10:39 AM »
dass rite homie

Throwback

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 11:15:18 AM »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 11:21:17 AM »
theres a movie of him freestyling:

http://www.blackchucktaylor.com/jon/johnnycrack_freevideo.mov
you look like a jew.. J-E-W!.. funnny shit.. he reminds me of me wen i like to fuck around

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 11:25:29 AM »
theres a movie of him freestyling:

http://www.blackchucktaylor.com/jon/johnnycrack_freevideo.mov

LMAO,

"youze a weak ass mother-fu-cker......word to your mo-ther
i fucked her and i loved it
that pussy was tight cause your daddy has a small dick...just like you
you look like a jew.....J-E-W!!!"

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 11:49:59 AM »
was this a serious interview ???

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

davida.b.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 05:00:07 PM »
"And ya'll can eat a dick, suck it, suck my dick, yo SUCK it"

priceless

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 05:03:24 PM »
wait this is SUPPOSED to be funny right.. cuase i was laughing the whole time

It's your life-story