Author Topic: Ras Kass - Nature of the Threat  (Read 263 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Ras Kass - Nature of the Threat
« on: November 25, 2004, 11:29:53 PM »
to those who have some history knowledge and have listened to this song and its lyrics carefully

are all the things he says about thanksgiving and christmast true?????? 

or is he just twisting the facts

Bomb-A®

Re: Ras Kass - Nature of the Threat
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 08:03:33 AM »
i find that thing about turkey the country and the thanksgiving turkey pretty out there......"Oh we've conquered Turkey. Let's eat a turkey to celebrate"...no disrespect but i find that heard to believe
nice track tho

peace

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 08:08:13 AM »
i think factually.. this track is like 40 or even 30 % true.. but its still dope

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 08:32:16 AM »
yeah something like that.. the turkey thing is more of a pun in the song..

the christmas thing is true.. in that it was a pagan holiday moved so people would convert easier..

the roman catholics took a lot of things from multi-god ancient greek religions, which in turn had taken theirs from the multi-god egyptian ones... only thing is.. the RC's were vicious and genocidal in keeping down their competitors crusading into war against muslims, and using the powers of inquisition in lands they had more power in like in southern france where they oppressed a peaceful christian off shoot called the Cathars and they took out half the population of germany at one point too.

the song is based upon a book called "the isis papers"

just read the feedback on amazon and make your own mind up..

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0883781042/104-3501593-5058349?v=glance

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 10:40:03 AM »
the track had alot of facts
most of the shit was true
except the parts where rass is trying too hard to make europeans seems 10x more racist than they were
but i'd say 70% of lyrics are fact

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 11:15:32 AM »
This song always bothered me. Not because of the skewed facts, or the insane racist point of view, but because of stupid blacks (key word being "stupid") who become enlightened after hearing it, and stupid whites who somehow feel guilty after hearing it. I actually know people that have responded to the song this way. Nothing is worse than a man who is against propanganda and racism falls victim to both by endorsing them. The fuckhead actually has some one compliment him in the middle of the song every now and then. This isn't music, this is nothing more than a bunch of stupid concepts that were created to breed hatred, not by him, but he still spits them like he's telling the truth. What really gets me is how he completely gets the order of things way off. The guy is a moron. I'll never get why he's so rated. His flow sucks, and his lyrics are just false borrowed concepts.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 04:09:38 PM »
Turkeys are called turkeys, eventhough they come from the Americas, because Europeans of the 16th century confused them with the African guinea-fowl they allready knew. Guinea-fowl were generally brought in from Turkey and the same was believed to be true of the American turkeys. Being that these people had little fantasy in coining names for animals (so it seems), they called the birds turkeys.
Even in the 18th century, there still was some confusion, or the situation was recognised as such. Whatever the case, when Linnaeus made his system of giving scientific names to all organisms, he called the North-American turkey (though not the Mexican one) Meleagris gallopavo, the common guinea-fowl he called Numida meleagris. It seems he was well aware of the confusion, or perhaps he wasn't very sure himself.

Just a tid-bid to show Rass Kass' talking 'bout Thanksgiving Turkey and the country Turkey was very wrong.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 04:11:56 PM »
This song always bothered me. Not because of the skewed facts, or the insane racist point of view, but because of stupid blacks (key word being "stupid") who become enlightened after hearing it, and stupid whites who somehow feel guilty after hearing it. I actually know people that have responded to the song this way. Nothing is worse than a man who is against propanganda and racism falls victim to both by endorsing them. The fuckhead actually has some one compliment him in the middle of the song every now and then. This isn't music, this is nothing more than a bunch of stupid concepts that were created to breed hatred, not by him, but he still spits them like he's telling the truth. What really gets me is how he completely gets the order of things way off. The guy is a moron. I'll never get why he's so rated. His flow sucks, and his lyrics are just false borrowed concepts.

co-sign

the worst thing indeed is when some people are like "hm, I only understand half of it, and word is bond Ras Kass is smart and a good lyricist, so I just adopt his opinon and make myself sound smart."

Roughly 20,000 years ago the first humans evolved
with the phenotypical trait, genetic recessive
Blue eyes, blonde hair and white skin
Albinism apparently was a sin to the original man, Africans
So the mutants traveled North of the equator
Called Europeans later, the first race haters

What an incredible retard. Unbelieveable.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 04:26:34 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bomb-A®

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 09:01:25 PM »
seer, the last time i made apost about this track, you mentuioned a song called interview witha vampire. i still ahvent been able to get a hold of that song. could u hookit up or summ. thx

peace

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 10:34:40 PM »
This song has always interested me, and i still listen to it over and over again..i find his statements very powerful, true or false...its a great song and thats all i treat it as...
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2004, 12:53:10 AM »
seer, the last time i made apost about this track, you mentuioned a song called interview witha vampire. i still ahvent been able to get a hold of that song. could u hookit up or summ. thx

peace

oh yeah... thats the sequel to this song.. its on Rasassination... it talks mostly about religion.. but the whole album has quite a few references to illuminati type topics

the 3rd (and unreleased) in the series is called "TV Guide" and talks about how the media brainwashes you

come to our irc channel #WestCoastConnection EFnet and i'll hook it up..